My turn, last night at my home just before midnight. <Long Post Warning>

This is a discussion on My turn, last night at my home just before midnight. <Long Post Warning> within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Janq I won't be having any more kids, LM. Nor do I go into "super ninja tactical mode" at every little bump ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My turn, last night at my home just before midnight. <Long Post Warning>

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I won't be having any more kids, LM.
    Nor do I go into "super ninja tactical mode" at every little bump in the night.
    Once more this was not a 'bump' sound and was in fact quite more.

- Janq
    Didn't you say you were playing Call of Duty 4 via X-Box Live while wearing your headset? From what I read, it was a loud BOOM that you heard. It turns out that noise was the result of your small child falling off her bed. That produced a loud BOOM? Does she weigh 300 lbs or something? She wasn't injured when she fell and produced that loud BOOM? Let me get this straight, you supposedly hear a loud BOOM from upstairs and you automatically assume it's a full blown home invasion in progress, that you notify your online X-Box buddies?

As practiced as you are, training in your house (with sim munitions of all things), how do you injure yourself that badly when drawing your weapon? As you were doing your Stealth Recon, Rainbow 6 moves through your house, did you realize that you were dripping blood? How did your wife like the idea of you dripping blood all over the house?

2. Remove Ads

Yes, that is exactly what I said.
    I was at the moment playing XBox.

As well if you were familiar with how the XBox system works OR had simply asked me rather than assuming, you would know that games as played on the XBox system do not play the games sounds back through the headset (!). The headset is there to allow speaking to your fellow players and to hear their own voices as spoken back to you.
    The device has audio outs for attachment to your TV or in my case at my office desk a 19" LCD. The games audio plays back as through your TV or whatever audio system/receiver you happen to have in place.
    In my own case because each night I monitor the kids baby monitor and listen in so that I can get to their rooms when they need to pee or wake up from having had a bad dream, I do not run game sound at all most any night...and had not that night. Don't need it anyway.
    So the boom was not the game and the game had nothing to do with the incident.

Oh, and I commented to my comment to my XBL guys.
    I was surprised that I reacted by stating as much calmly. That was my first clue in hind sight that I was not alarmed nor reacting in an OMMMGGG paniced mode. I simply stated I think someone is in my home, stood up, opened my ammo case to retrieve my handgun and the rest is exactly as I'd reported it.

Next as to my daughter she's 6, as I'd also stated.
    How many six yr. old girls have you ever seen or heard of that are "300 lbs"?
    She weighs 50 pounds. Have a person drop a 50 pound anything on your floor at midnight and place yourself a floor or two below. Report what it sounds like.

As to Simunitions, I did not state that I use those in my house.
    That is and would be completely ridiculous.
    No, rather as I'd stated I have used Simunitions in a _training course_ that was a week long. As in not in my house! At a professional training facility...Specifically as at the Smith & Wesson Academy.
    Never mind that civilians cannot purchase Simunitions regardless.

How did I injure the palm of my hand?
    As I'd stated, during draw of my handgun from the leather pancake type holster that it was stored within. My rear sight is target type and has a squared ear. A sharp square ear. When I wetn to grab the holster with my weak hand and remove the pistol with my strong hand I push & pulled. I went back the next day to try it again and damn if it didn't ding my hand in exactly the same place, as at the wound.
    Lesson learned as I also stated prior; Do not use that holster for this purpose any more. I swapped it out for a kydex Bladetech UCH.

As to my blood like I also said I got a blood drop on my pant...not around the house.
    My hand didn't start to drip blood until I'd already been upstairs and was walking back down.
    Further as I also stated my wife has no awareness of the whole deal. All was well.

Does that work better for you?

Now some questions your way...

Why are you acting like a jerk?
    And why are you here attempting to insult me?

I had an experience. I related the event. I shared the result of that event along with how I feel I, and others, could (and have) learned from it.
    Is that not what this sub-area is for and for that matter this entire forum?

I don't have the first clue who "Gecko45" might be, but as based on your actions and jerky attitude I'd bet anything I'm nothing at all like him...or her.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I for one very much appreciate the vivid description of the events that night at your home. I also commend your use of all the right tactical termonolgy so as to give us the ability to determine if we would be able to react in such a professional manner.

I hope that you feel very good about your actions and your warrior mindset.

Janq

I'm happy it was a false alarm. You handled it well. Thanks for posting the incident.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links