Do you disarm when you get home?

This is a discussion on Do you disarm when you get home? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No, neither does my wife. We both carry at all times, owning our own business also allows us to carry at work at all times....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you disarm when you get home?

No, neither does my wife.

We both carry at all times, owning our own business also allows us to carry at work at all times.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

2. Remove Ads

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in bed sleeping. Even then I always have a gun within reach in my nightstand.

Once in a while people knock on my door at very unusual times of the day. As a rule I tell ANYONE planning on visiting me to call ahead & let me know they are stopping by my apartment. This includes family. Nowadays you have to be very careful!

If I don't know they are arriving, I'm NOT opening my door unless it's an emergency. Hopefully they have valid ID if they want me to open my door. If it's a uniformed LEO that's entirely different matter.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

No...I generally keep my firearm with me...unless I'm driving on base...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Most of the time I still carry at home, usually a pocket gun of some sorts if I have to answer the door in the evening time.
    God bless our troops!

Cool In response to red82

I believe I've already related this story on this site before. As a child living in south Texas I woke to find someone lookin at me through the door at the rear of our house trying to break in. That changed me forever now I carry all the time home and away! One story I've told very few people. When I first moved to Houston I got a day off during the middle of the week from my job. Was upstairs giving my boxer "Mike" a bath when he started barking I went to see what set him off only to find some guy trying to get thru my front door. I immediatly went to the bed room which was very close by, and grabbed my Winchester Home Defender. I got about halfway down the stairs before he got a look at me and left. Just thought I would share that.

Nope. I just switch to the LCP in a pocket or in the waistbaind of lounge/sweat pants.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    More home invasions happen at home than anyplace else!

So I'm strapped when chillin' at da hizzle....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

My knife is always in my pocket, as that's the best I can do here. My XD9 is Condition 1 in my Gunvault. Thinking about getting a LCP to pocket carry at home.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

since I cant carry at work I will answer as if its my off time..I put it away when im just at the house. I dont wear it around the house all day or after I get in from running around where I ever had it on to go.

Wear mine all day long. You never know when the badguys are going to break in!

VIP Member
    Since I teach in public schools in Tennessee, I cannot carry until I get home. I carry as soon as I get in the door, until I go to bed (and then it is still by my side--no young children at home).
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Yep, I carry @home.
    Take off G26, convert to G30, have 870's and 1911's nearby. I get complaints/comments () from family about "playing with the weapons", but dry-firing is still good trigger control practice!
    ... and yes, I carry to open the front door, especially on Halloween !

VIP Member
    yes, I disarm when I get home, I take off the duty Glock 17.....

....and then I put on my G30 in a paddle holster
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

My house is a gun-free zone. So I just kindly ask that all criminals disarm as well before entering my home. And take off their shoes so they don't ruin the carpet, either.

Just kidding! If someone were to invent a water-proof holster, I'd probably carry in the shower too. :)

carry in the the home..? uh, yup!

Yes, I carry in the house as well...if I have to take it off I secure it and keep it close...! I agree with the murphy's law equation...or paranoid about it anyways...that's why I stay away from picking numbers..always worried my number will come up when I don't play it...LOL...I might as well give myself the best opportunity to survive...!
    ארדוף אויבי ואשיגם ולא-אשוב עד-כלותם
    תהילים יח/לח

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Links