Do you disarm when you get home?

This is a discussion on Do you disarm when you get home? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am always armed. It's near me at home, away from the house, and when I'm sleeping....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you disarm when you get home?

I am always armed. It's near me at home, away from the house, and when I'm sleeping.

"Laws can't control the lawless"

Christian Gun Owner

2. Remove Ads

I was thinking of getting Stainless Ruger sp101 just for Sunday socials and church , Would look good in a suit !! lol
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhawg View Post
    Exactly! I might not always have it on my hip, but it's always within arms reach.
    ^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
    Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
    Mathew Courtney
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    When you get home from work do take off your sidearm or do you wear it until you go to bed?
    Nope. Still on me now. At bedtime goes in a safe next to the bed.

I always have a firearm within arm's reach at all times when I am at home. Whether it is on my belt or close by, it's there.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lightbulb i carry all the day long

I carry all day until I go to bed> you never know when an invasion is coming

I generally don't see the need to disarm at home, unless I'm changing or showering, so I keep it on my hip or under my arm at all other times. As I don't need to be cautious about CC during those times, a couple of friends have been introduced to the fact that I carry after visiting me unexpectedly. After realizing that they've known me all this time without being aware, they quickly come to terms with the fact that guns can be carried by good guys, they can be concealed and there's never a danger or threat to the general public ("I only thought criminals had guns"). It's a good opportunity to pass on a little education to those who are ignorant about such matters.

I have the most trouble remembering to cover when going outside my front door (to my car for example). There's rarely a chance I will see anyone due to my remote location but I still need to address the sensibility of the neighboring houses and avoid some idiot perhaps informing the police of "...a man with a gun..."
    I will never forget that I am an American, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Definitely not. Carrying has become so second nature for me that I don't even think about it. It's like wearing a watch (which I wear 24/7). Even when I worked in IT at a large mortgage company I was armed, despite the company policy against it. If some deranged ex-employee decided to make a statement, I'll be damned if I'm going to be unarmed. I'd rather be able to defend myself than become a statistic.

The only time a gun isn't on my hip is if I'm showering, sleeping, or in sweat pants (or have to go to the courthouse). When I shower, it's on the shelf 3 inches from the shower. When sleeping, it's on the night stand. When in sweats, it's on the end table next to me as I sit and watch TV, or in the waistband if I go out to the garage.

Other than those three scenario's, I just don't see a reason NOT to have the gun on me.

YMMV, of course.

When I go to bed or jump into the shower.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

During the day I carry Kimber Stainless 2 and when I get home at night I use Kimber custom 2 (full size) 1911 when I'm inside my house. It has night sights and the smaller one does not have night sights or laser.....yet. But when I go out to drive at night I carry the smaller one again. Both are cocked and ready to rock and both have back up mags as well. As being a vet and brought up in a military home we are all firm believers of having back ups!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I carry 17/7, assuming I sleep 6 1/2 hours and take a 1/2 hour shower every day.
    +1 Won't do you much good if not readily at hand.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

I'm an elementary teacher ...so I can't carry while at work. So I arm once I'm home!
    Matthew <><
    Helotes, Texas

Beretta/Stoeger Cougar 8000f -blued, 9mm
    Kel-Tec PF9- 9mm, hard chrome
    Ruger LCP with CT

I always have at least one gun on me from the time I get out of bed until the time I go back to bed. In the shower there is one within arms reach. Always.
    Glock 23/Colt pre-70 Commander/Ruger LCP/S&W 60-9 & more

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I don't carry at home. Most of the times, I wear some gym shorts that feel labored if I put my phone in my pocket let alone a gun.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    When you get home from work do take off your sidearm or do you wear it until you go to bed?

I normally unchamber (reholster) and have a cocktail before dinner. I leave it unchambered (small kids at home) until I leave the next morning. I live on 22 acres and can see and hear any vehicle approaching from the main road. I feel this would give me sufficient time to rack one if I felt a threat was approaching.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Links