Carry at home. - Page 2

Carry at home.

This is a discussion on Carry at home. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; my glock is with me 24/7 on duty and when off duty at the house i put on a good galco and keep it on ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carry at home.

my glock is with me 24/7 on duty and when off duty at the house i put on a good galco and keep it on untill i goto bed. while in bed its on the nightstand unholstered about 12inches from were i sleep, and ive rigged a gun rack to the back of my headboard, and that is where my ak w/ 2 30rd coupled mags stays
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I am wearing gym shorts with a belt.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

If my EDC is not on me, it's right in front of me within arms reach. I never loose sight of it, and it goes room to room with me in the house no matter what I'm doing. The only stash I have is what's in the safe. No multiple firearms scattered hither and yon in this abode.

On me when awake. A lot of people take them off when they get home and don't realize that 100% of home invasions happen at home!

I would rather have a shotgun by my bed than a handgun, Nothing like the sound of a round being pumped into a chamber to let the intruder know that his number is up if he does not leave.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrock3 View Post
    I would rather have a shotgun by my bed than a handgun, Nothing like the sound of a round being pumped into a chamber to let the intruder know that his number is up if he does not leave.
    Or it just gives up your position, lets the intruder(s) know you are armed and to come in with all guns blazing.

Hearing the shotgun being racked didn't work to well for this guy.

YouTube - Man Uses Shotgun to Protect Home

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Right now my revolver is laying on my desk about 3 inches from the keyboard I'm typing on. I got up about 10 minutes ago, and when I finish my coffee, it will travel to the bathroom, while I shower. After that I'll be dressed with the revolver in a holster, until I head to bed. It will sleep in the safe an arms reach from the bed, with the door to the safe open.
    On the rare evening that I put sweats on to lounge around I'll transfer to a smart carry holster, but 90% of the time the gun du jour is on my hip, no matter where I am in the house or out.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

So...I shouldn't feel like an overzelous, gun crazed nut if I carry in my own house? Seriously I still do feel a little paranoid crazy. Is it just me?

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAnta01 View Post
    So...I shouldn't feel like an overzelous, gun crazed nut if I carry in my own house? Seriously I still do feel a little paranoid crazy. Is it just me?
    Nope, not at all. Remember 100% of home invasions happen at home. Until that changes I plan to carry anywhere and everywhere that I'm legally able.
    With a home invasion yesterday , in daylight hours, just a mile away, it simply reinforces my decision to be safe, always.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I have guns stashed all over the house but they're all hidden from view. They are, however, all loaded and are all easily accessible.

I'm still a few weeks away from being able to CC and my MTAC hasnt come in yet, so while I'm home I use the XDGear holster that came with my gun and I'm forced to lock it up when I leave the house. (I know OC is legal here, but I choose to wait until I can CC).
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

VIP Member
    The safest place is on body, for you and the gun. One gun right now beats five or six stashed all over the house. Go ahead and stash spare magazines, but keep the gun on you. At night it sits naked (OK, no holster) right next to the bed with a flashlight.

Everything else is locked in the safe, except a high capacity rifle for outdoor crowd control. In the house, your on body EDC 45 auto can surgically solve any problem. IMO the shotgun takes too long to get to, is too unwieldy in close quarters, it's racking sound is a dead giveaway, it's either too powerful with slugs or unreliable with pellets, its uncontrollable without a stock, and it lacks capacity for outdoor picnics. Sure it's scary and intimidating, but I won't intimidate with a gun, it's generally illegal. OK, gauge guys, fire for effect.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I posted on this thread before, post #4, but I would like to add that I keep a 12 gauge 870 ready to go. I have found of late that my EDC which include a small tactical flashlight is more in line with fast pace emergency response for home defense. Depending on the need and time allowed the shotgun may be the best choice in some cases. Personally hope and pray I never need ether.
    Always ready but not fearful.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAnta01 View Post
    If someone or multiple people come busting through your front door, you most likely will only have one second, maybe two if you are lucky, to get a gun in hand.

NCM
    Dressed, IWB.

Still in PJ's, shoulder holster time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links