Carry at home.

This is a discussion on Carry at home. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have my EDC on me when conscious. I don't leave any loaded firearms lying around to be handled either by an intruder, friend's child, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carry at home.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have my EDC on me when conscious. I don't leave any loaded firearms lying around to be handled either by an intruder, friend's child, or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrock3 View Post
    Nothing like the sound of a round being pumped into a chamber to let the intruder know that his number is up if he does not leave.
    Maybe a few JHPs through the intruder's middle with no prior warning sounds would be even more informative. I am not a proponent of warning sounds, commands to leave, etc. Like Tuco sez...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    My model 36 is ALWAYS on me when awake in a HBE Pro TL IWB. Have a Beretta Vertec in the LR stashed where you would never find it. My 870 riot is attached to my boxspring with 2 velcro strips under the sham for easy access and my 1911 is beside my bed in a cheap Fobus holster attached to my nightstand.

I have a 105 lb. American Bulldog and a 160 lb. Mastiff along with an ADT alarm system to prevent an unlawful entry in the first place. The wife and I sleep very well at night and am at ease during the day!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

The info posted here is also posted by me on another thread "False alarm at 3:00am",but the story needs to be here for consideration.

This morning at 5:30 we had a home invasion about two blocks from where I live. The phone line was cut and enter was made into a home of elderly live along lady. She awoke and took her gun and shot at the intruder only the gun misfired 3 times and the intruder fled. This is the third and some say forth home invasion in out little rural county in 2 months. One elderly lady was raped and robbed, one lady locked her bed room door and escaped out her bed room window and today this monster should have died or at least been shoot. At least had this monster closed in on this little lady she could have hit him with the pistol. I am grateful she was not hurt and I pray she will feel safe to live a continuing independent life style.

As to home carry I believe that the need for home carry will increase as home invasions will increase due to the economy worsens and the addicted become more bold due to money shortages

I wonder if you are at greater danger out and about in the general public or at home with home invasions on the increase? While we think of home as a safe place it is also the place where much of our wealth is, and therefore, the place where the thief and robbers know they can find what they are looking for, and if you are at home at the time you are in their way and can be a good witness against them. Life in America is becoming very cheap indeed!!!!!!!!

Holster and safe only. Only time it's in my hands is at the range, or going into the holster or the safe.

That. Is. It.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

My LCP is on my person at all times, as along as it's legal.

When I get home from work my EDC is put up, (Bed side) no kids. I rely on my pocket rocket to get me through the evening until bedtime. I have other weapons on both floors of my house, but secured in a safe. I figure I can use my BUG to get to the real firepower if I need too. I don't like pullin all my teeth out just because I perceive myself to be safe at home.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    I always carry at home.

My wife used to ask me if I have to carry "that thing" in the house. "That kind of stuff doesn't happen here."

That was before I told her that the guy across the street (who happens to be my boss) woke up one night with a gun in his face and the guy trying to abduct his daughter. I never did find out how it came out, but all are still alive and present...

She hasn't asked lately.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I normally don't carry at home, but I'm starting to get use to keeping my pistol by my computer desk also, it's kind of different and I'm still getting use to doing that, but I actually feel better for having it there.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

My EDC is with me all the time and under my pillow when I am in bed.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Glad to see I'm not alone! I have my 1911 on my hip around the house. Never forget when i was growing up asleep in our t.v. room I wake up to see someone looking at me while trying to get through the door! That changed me forever.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    If I'm not at class or on campus my EDC is on my hip. Everything else is locked.
    yup...^^^^ always carry... "carry 24/7 or guess right."
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I am always armed or within arms reach of a weapon. Even in the shower.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Both my wife and I are always armed.

At night, both of us have our handguns within arms reach.

Weapons we are not carrying are locked in safe.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I carry all day home or away.

Firearm is in holster and trigger is covered by holster all the time.

Wife carries as well and is always armed.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

If there was ever any doubt about whether carrying at home is a good idea, then read this post:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...urs-night.html

No, not unless I just happen to have it on because I put it on to go somewhere downtown or away from the house or if im till wearing it when ive come back from being out..normally just around the house I DONT wear it..if I stayed at home all day it just stays at home in the safe or what ever I have a shotgun ready to go in the bedroom closet.

have i accidentally worn one all day because it just gets forgotten ive had it on yup but not normally

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links