Carry at home.

This is a discussion on Carry at home. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My CCW is a Glock 26...and it's ON me during waking hours..EXCEPT if I'm wearing sweats....THEN it's an arm's reach from wherever I am.... In ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carry at home.

My CCW is a Glock 26...and it's ON me during waking hours..EXCEPT if I'm wearing sweats....THEN it's an arm's reach from wherever I am....
    In summer, if I'm in a bathing suit...same scenario as sweats....otherwise...IWB with a Supertuck!!!

2. Remove Ads

Carry

Everywhere I go I am heavy. In the house, during the day, I wear my edc on my hip, at bed time it is on my table next to my bed. I have two little ones running around so I have to keep the weapons unaccessible to them but accessible enough for me. I usually lock the firearms up in my work room closet next to my bedroom, because of this I have to have at least one weapon around so that I am able to get to the others safely.
    One more step and it's on!

For me it is on my side, or in the safe. Leaving it about the house is no option. My kids, plus their friends aged 7-11 are constantly coming and going. There can be no mistake at all here. Safe, or on the belt.

It was a big change once we had children that the weapon would be in a safe next to the bed, instead of in the drawer next to the bed. I will be slower responding in case of a home invasion, and that is a possibility, but kids being in the house, my children and others children, is a certainty.

I stay dressed until I am ready to go to bed and have a revolver on me until then . When I get in bed, EDC goes into holster on bed rail, alongside Mossberg 500A.

Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

for edc at home i really prefer a shoulder holster. it works no matter how flimsy the sweatpants, gymshorts, or boxers are and won't pinch or twist when I sit or lean
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

If I'm dressed to leave the house, I carry IWB, or in one of my pocket holsters usually. If home for the day my G26 is always in reach ready to go. I don't necessarily carry it in a holster when I'm casual at home. If someone at the front door G26 is in hand. 12 ga. is nearby and ready. .357 stashed in kitchen too.

What does "EDC" mean?

EDC?

EDC = "Every Day Carry"
    Don't do stupid things, don't go to stupid places, don't hang out with stupid people...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I stay dressed until I am ready to go to bed and have a revolver on me until then . When I get in bed, EDC goes into holster on bed rail, alongside Mossberg 500A.

WJH - where did you get that shotgun mount? Or anyone else that knows.

Thanks.

I am with you sunrock If they don't turn and run at the sound of that pump action they are to stupid to live.
    Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    WJH - where did you get that shotgun mount? Or anyone else that knows.

Thanks.
    Here is a video and it has info on buying it: YouTube - The Back Up Bedside Gun Rack Commercial -- BACKUP

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Or it just gives up your position, lets the intruder(s) know you are armed and to come in with all guns blazing.

Hearing the shotgun being racked didn't work to well for this guy.

YouTube - Man Uses Shotgun to Protect Home
    I think the guy's problem was he went out "looking" for the intruder. Which gives you a tactical disadvantage. I think he'd have been better off staying in his bedroom behind some cover with the shotgun aimed at the door.

Also, the guy really seems a bit too gung-ho for my taste. I'm not sure it is such a good idea for him to be claiming he shot at the intruder while the intruder was fleeing.

on da hip

I carry all day, every day. Whether at home or not.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I don't carry in my house. I just not find that I need to.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links