Carry at home.

This is a discussion on Carry at home. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Thumper It's totally your call. I keep a weapon on me or right next to me every waking hour and in a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Carry at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It's totally your call.

I keep a weapon on me or right next to me every waking hour and in a bedside holster at night.

My thinking is, if I need it, I may not have time to "go get" a gun.
    Yep. When on the PC it's there on the desk, when in the "den" it's next to me.

When in the shower? well...The wife has it near by.

Always near me. BUT I will have a baby girl in my life soon...so I will have to start rethinking how to go about everything regarding guns in the house. I tell you this though...the wife and I have made it a big deal to teach her young about guns, and gun safety. Other family members make jokes on how she will be the one shooting the bad guys and being a gun advocate at a young age...heh.

Wife wants to get her a purple cricket at the age of 8. I say "Hmmmmm, We'll see".

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I don't carry in my house. I just not find that I need to.
    you find that you need to carry outside the house but not it?
    how many times have you "needed" your gun outside the house?
    home invasions happen. what are the statistics on the likelyhood of u needing a gun outside the home vs inside the home scaled to the percentage of time you are in and out of the house... honestly i have no idea and dont really care. home invasions do happen just like robbery and other things happen outside of the house. its no different and i certainly dont treat it any diff.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

No kids in the house so I have a few guns stashed in various parts of the house. Most times when I come home, my EDC stays on my belt until it's time to relax.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    you find that you need to carry outside the house but not it?
    how many times have you "needed" your gun outside the house?
    home invasions happen. what are the statistics on the likelyhood of u needing a gun outside the home vs inside the home scaled to the percentage of time you are in and out of the house... honestly i have no idea and dont really care. home invasions do happen just like robbery and other things happen outside of the house. its no different and i certainly dont treat it any diff.
    I live in a area were I don't need to carry my gun inside my house. It is way too much of a problem and most of the things that I wear inside my house (basketball short, etc.), can't support the weight of any of my guns. I just don't find the need to carry when I'm in my house.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I've been thinking about carrying at home, specifically something like a Smartcarry with a LCP and 2-3 mags. Should be enough to take care of any problem, or at least allow me a few seconds to get my XD out of the GunVault on the 1st floor.

The Smartcarry would take care of any issues like flimsy clothes ( I wear gym shorts or shorts with no belt a lot) and keep it concealed decent. I just can't see not going armed any longer. My town is not the happy little place it was 5-10 years ago.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I always wear a robe over PJs. Even in summer I wear a light cotton robe. I used to carry a Bersa Thunder .380, but two years ago I switched to S&W 637 Airweight (small and light) w/.38 Spcls in Uncle Mikes pocket holster for robe pocket. Same rig for jeans or Jeans shorts around house. I carry speed strip and Streamlight Stylus Pro in left pocket.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links