Old question, new thread - Page 3

Old question, new thread

This is a discussion on Old question, new thread within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At night or in a questionable situation I answer the door (go to the door) with a coach gun the pump is at the corner ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old question, new thread

At night or in a questionable situation I answer the door (go to the door) with a coach gun the pump is at the corner behind me with one in the chamber. I also have 12ga. shells laying strategically around the house in pairs, just in case.

BE QUIET - keep the tactical advantage. Verbal commands. Shoot to stop the criminal.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    To me, that whole scenario relates to firing a warning shot from a pistol. Not needed, and a waste of precious time IMO. If you're thinking about warning a BG away, then your mind is thinking way too slow IMO....you'll be conditioned and waiting for a response when your only response should be the one to save your life. Seconds count. If I can put it in more simple terms, please let me know.
    Well said RR...

Cruiser ready. I live in a concrete slab house with lots of tile. If the shotgun hits the ground there is a good chance it is going off. A shotgun is NOT drop safe like a pistol. There is no firing pin block. Also, I have kids. They would have to disable the safety and rack the slide to discharge the shotgun. I teach them not to mess with them without our permission. But cruiser ready makes them safer still. If the sound scares them off, great. But the mag is full in case it does not.

I am teaching my wife to fire from an empty chamber, safety on, slide closed. So she has to release the slide, rack it, and flip the safety. But you gotta train how you fight.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Sorry, brave enough to come into my home (especially with me there) or even not know if I am there or not, they don't deserve a warning and I'm not giving up my position to anyone.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links