Broadview Home security commercials...... - Page 2

Broadview Home security commercials......

This is a discussion on Broadview Home security commercials...... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a home system, makes my family more comfortable plus it was in the house when we bought it. I wonder how many other ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have a home system, makes my family more comfortable plus it was in the house when we bought it. I wonder how many other people are like me and never test the system. My son had one of those balloons with a rubber-band on it for punching. I put a little too much air in it (ok probably a lot too much). 3:00 AM boom, sounds like a bomb going off. If that wasn't enough to scare the crap out of me and wake me out of bed the screaming alarm "Burglar, this is a secure area..." was.

It was very comforting 10 minutes after I shut off the alarm it began flashing a code that it was unable to communicate with the dispatch station.

Of course, the alarm company says it's Verizon's fault, Verizon it's the alarm companies fault.

As others have stated, the best alarm has 4 legs and weighs 90+ lbs.

I have a monitored system(needed for ins. reasons(I own a jewelry store)). Local response time always suks but there are some benefits too. 1) smoke and co2 monitored. 2) If , God forbid, I was being robbed while at home, a glance at the key pad can tell me what door or window was breeched, followed by motion sensors and location of a BG (which is basicly live, streaming info most dont have when they hear a bump in the night) . This info could be the difference of who gets the drop on who! And btw, the system does not need to be armed to contantly see that info. My doors and windows "chime" when opened durring the times when it is not armed as well.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    well im sick of the fact that the CRIMINALS ARE ONLY EVER WHITE PEOPLE!!

Why are they being so politically correct and scared ot portray other races breaking into houses.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post

Why are they being so politically correct and scared ot portray other races breaking into houses.
    I'll give you three reasons, NAACP, ADL, and the ACLU.

I worked for a company that had an alarm system. The owner gave me the wrong code and no code word to tell the operator and I set it off. I talked with the operator and they said they were going to send the police anyway. The cops never showed.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Quote Originally Posted by Major G View Post
    Those commercials drive me nuts for so many reasons. So unrealistic. Someone (a gun manufacturer perhaps) should make a parody commercial where "AJ" breaks in and ignores the alarm. We hear two or three gunshots and then the phone rings. "Ma'am is everything ok?" "Some guy just tried to break in, but it's ok now, I took care of it." I bet the bleeding heart liberals would blow a gasket about political correctness and hug-a-thug.
    Then break away to a spokesman for one of them companies that do crime scene and toxic chem cleanups.

Michael

these commercials are comedy at it's finest !

Because commercially, for political correctness, it will not go down very well if they use black people or to say it correctly -- African Americans. You will also notice that most feel-good commercials happens to have black people in them, but not the white people. except for a few. If black people will be portrayed as a BG, even in a small budget-ed commercial, the AA community will raise a roar about it, but if the caucasians are the BGs no one will hear anything about it. One properly raised kid once said to his parent..."what do you mean I am black?" because he wasn't raised to be of any coloured skin until he grew up and was made to realized it by his parents and peers. Some people can't get passed their skin colours you know...and I do not mean anything offensive here, believe me...or being racist. I am just stating a fact. I am in the media and these are some of the rules we have to follow when making a commercial.

Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

In the town I used to live in, a home security alarm was taken about as seriously as a car alarm. They went off so often that the police actually started sending the volunteer firefighter just to confirm that somebody was going to turn it off at some point.

However, a home down the street was robbed while they were away, and their security system went off. Whoever the BG was, he/she/they left in a hurry. I think when somebody is robbing a home while the owner is on vacation they intend to ransack the place, you know, really take their time and scour the house. So I guess these things have their uses.

THANK YOU!! i was waiting for someone else to notice that.....

and not only in that commercial, but if you notice in gun magazines....the ads selling laser sights, holsters etc when they show a guy in a hood with a knife ready to attack you...he is always white....

political correctness makes me puke

How come the "Security Experts" have never advised these folks to replace their
    doors that have glass in them with solid doors, tell them that a lock just screwed into the door and door jamb is useless, etc. These "S E" need a course in home security.

Administrator

20 Minutes?

Actually in 2 minutes (or less) he could have her bound, gagged, AKA Kidnapped and in her vehicle held at gunpoint and off to destination and impending Fate "unknown" and three days later she'll wash up on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    yeah thats what i figured.......

In reality the commercial should go:

AJ breaks in door, doesnt give a damn about the alarm or menacing keypad.....knows it will take 20 minutes for security company to call the cops so he is free to rob, rape, murder etc. helpless victim and be in the next county before cops show up.......
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by imaghn View Post
    these commercials are comedy at it's finest !
    true, but they are good for when ur away or asleep, but Id rather have a dog
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Administrator
    A security system needs to operate in combination with hardened ingress.
    You need to make forced entry as difficult and as time consuming as possible.

First hand experience, the police dont come lights and sirens in a hurry around here to alarms.... By the time the S.O. shows up, its going to be too late. I miss my 8 legged chocolate security system. Its currently living at the parents house due to no pets allowed at the current residence.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Why aren't there Gun / Self Defense ads on TV??? Do the Networks turn them down?

Commercials would be a great way to get to some folks.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links