Broadview Home security commercials......

This is a discussion on Broadview Home security commercials...... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dsee11789 Why aren't there Gun / Self Defense ads on TV??? Do the Networks turn them down? Commercials would be a great ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Broadview Home security commercials......

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Why aren't there Gun / Self Defense ads on TV??? Do the Networks turn them down?

Commercials would be a great way to get to some folks.
    OMG!!!!!! are you kidding me?

a "GUN" commercial.......the lib-tarded press/tv/newspapers would never, ever, ever allow a "GUN" commercial promoting the rights of Americans to self-defense....LOL.....that would be the most UN-Politically correct thing ever done.....I am VERY surprised that the Brady Bunch of Idiots have never made a commercial against gun ownership....the blue-nose press like CNN would run something like that 24/7...

a local gunshop that has been in business for thirty years has a small ad in the newspaper, and its always in the sports section in the back...right above the strip club ads.....very PC....

the only time i have ever seen a commercial for guns/self defense has been on specialty ESPN shows like "American Shooter" or hunting programs

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    OMG!!!!!! are you kidding me?

a "GUN" commercial.......the lib-tarded press/tv/newspapers would never, ever, ever allow a "GUN" commercial promoting the rights of Americans to self-defense....LOL.....that would be the most UN-Politically correct thing ever done.....I am VERY surprised that the Brady Bunch of Idiots have never made a commercial against gun ownership....the blue-nose press like CNN would run something like that 24/7...

a local gunshop that has been in business for thirty years has a small ad in the newspaper, and its always in the sports section in the back...right above the strip club ads.....very PC....

the only time i have ever seen a commercial for guns/self defense has been on specialty ESPN shows like "American Shooter" or hunting programs
    CBS just turned down a commercial that featured a Gay Dating Site Ad with men kissing that they wanted to air for the Superbowl. (Which I praise them for) but I imagine there is going to be a fight. If it is ruled that they can't discriminate against gays then we can make our case for guns.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

CBS just turned down a commercial that featured a Gay Dating Site Ad with men kissing that they wanted to air for the Superbowl. (Which I praise them for) but I imagine there is going to be a fight. If it is ruled that they can't discriminate against gays then we can make our case for guns.
    are you serious??? that is surprising in this "Gay Pride" era where its totally acceptable and cool to be gay/lesbian......disgusting....but kudos to CBS for that

are you serious??? that is surprising in this "Gay Pride" era where its totally acceptable and cool to be gay/lesbian......disgusting....but kudos to CBS for that
    Yea I was surprised when I read it, especially since CBS seems to be becoming more liberalized.

But if they're gonna keep guns off of people's TVs they may as well keep the other filth off too.

Back to Broadview tho.... I wonder how many thieves are actually deterred by the Alarm System. Maybe a few but I'd say alot more don't. I wonder if it'd be possible to bring lawsuits for False Advertisement.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Why aren't there Gun / Self Defense ads on TV??? Do the Networks turn them down?

Commercials would be a great way to get to some folks.

YouTube - Austin's Tennessee Firearms School

YouTube - Austin's Tennessee Firearms School 911

I've got quite a few here. But then, he's only about 1/4 mile away.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Yea I was surprised when I read it, especially since CBS seems to be becoming more liberalized.

But if they're gonna keep guns off of people's TVs they may as well keep the other filth off too.

Back to Broadview tho.... I wonder how many thieves are actually deterred by the Alarm System. Maybe a few but I'd say alot more don't. I wonder if it'd be possible to bring lawsuits for False Advertisement.
    I would imagine it to be a good deterrent if it were loud enough to waken the neighborhood. It would also depend on the people in that neighborhood. Whether or not they would react to the alarm.

Michael

I set the alarm off at my friend's townhouse. The units are very close together. The Alarm wasn't set to call the Police but the Alarm could be heard throughout the complex. It was exceedingly loud. I was certain the Police were gonna come and question me because i figured a neighbor would call the Police. The alarm continued to go off for 45 minutes while i tried to contact my friend. The Police never came. Management never came. No one cared. Like I said theres NO way everyone in the complex didn't hear it.

My townhouse (different complex) was burgled. They broke the back window and got in. I had an alarm system. It didn't call the cops but it had an audible alarm. The thieves stayed long enough to steal 2 Laptops. Flat Screen TV. Xbox 360 and some games and movies. Yes they left alot alone but they still entered after the alarm went off.

BGs know how busy Cops are and that response time will be slow.

My townhouse (different complex) was burgled. They broke the back window and got in. I had an alarm system. It didn't call the cops but it had an audible alarm. The thieves stayed long enough to steal 2 Laptops. Flat Screen TV. Xbox 360 and some games and movies. Yes they left alot alone but they still entered after the alarm went off.
    I'm lucky not to live in a large city. I live in a small rural town, under 1000 and the last time a neighbors alarm went off a number of the neighbors were instantly standing outside with cell phones in their hands. A couple of us were armed.

Michael

It was a really bad place. We moved out the night it happened. I should have never even considered living there but the price was TOO good. (Now I know why).

Moved back to the suburbs where theres little crime and when something does happen the area is swarmed with cops.

The better version: Everything goes as per the commercial but AJ knows he's got at least ten minutes before anybody arrives (and there aren't going to be any witnesses anyway, subtitles to the fact) so he just keeps on comming. The pretty youg thing has no other choice so she whips out her Glock and does the zipper thing ending with AJ lying in the middle of the floor, very disappointed and very dead. A follow up shot with police packing up the body shows her turning to the camera and says Thank God I got my CC and good defensive training, what could have happened to me if I hadn't. More subtitles with statistics of victims, how many crimes prevented with a defensive weapons and a female officer comforting her in the background.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

So many replies I could write to this but I am going to refrain as I like having my account.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    So many replies I could write to this but I am going to refrain as I like having my account.
    well dont be shy man,,, let it out!!!!

An alarm will not stop a meth crazed moron. A well trained woman with a shotgun is preferable.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

What gets me about these commercials is that the homeowner, usually a woman, answers the call from the security company WITH HER BACK TO THE DOOR! Good luck if the guy decides to come back and you don't see him coming.

You know what really bugs me about these advertisements ?

I can't imagine anyone sitting there and saying "Honey, that's what we need".

I have an alarm with 2 - hidden 135 db sirens that will let the whole town I live in know if there is a fire, person inside, etc. It wouldn't be a phone call from Broadview Security.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links