Broadview Home security commercials......

This is a discussion on Broadview Home security commercials...... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a alarm system installed because I wear hearing aid, without them I hear very little so I need a very loud alarm system ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Broadview Home security commercials......

I have a alarm system installed because I wear hearing aid, without them I hear very little so I need a very loud alarm system to wake me incase of intruders.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdoor View Post
    How come the "Security Experts" have never advised these folks to replace their
    doors that have glass in them with solid doors, tell them that a lock just screwed into the door and door jamb is useless, etc. These "S E" need a course in home security.
    Because they work for the alarm companies and not the door or lock companies.

Michael

Pure garbage.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

That was great, Orange Boy! I loved it - and it "comes with a free rock with every purchase"!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

[QUOTE=Jmac00;1464784]As a HVAC contractor, I have set off ADT alarms in homes (the customer was "suppose" to leave it off) the fastest response I have seen so far was 12 minutes. the longest was 18 min.

Much agreed!
    I am also HVAC tech. I've set off several alarms that customers were supposed to shut off before I got there.
    After I set off alarms I just sat in my service van until someone arrived. It was on average 20min before anyone arrived.
    If an alarm makes you feel better than so be it but in the amount of time I was there I could have done a lot of damage.
    Get a dog.

Hmm:

"Woman" sees Broadview Security ad. "Woman" buys Broadview Security system. "Ex" busts in, setting off the alarm. "Woman" runs to phone, but Broadview Security isn't on the line. "Ex" follows her, grabs phone, beats and rapes her.

Does "Woman" have a case for false advertising?
    (One could hope...)

I was at my sister's house watching TV with her and her husband. She's rabidly anti and I've taken him to the range a couple of times. He seems to be thawing out. They both know I carry.

This commercial came on and as the door is being kicked open I jumped to my feet drew my imaginary pistol pointed my finger at the bad guy and yelled BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG as loud as I could.

I startled the crap out of both of them. (that alone was worth the exercise)

I put my imaginary pistol away and sat down about the time the call is connected to the security office.

I asked them both which did they think gave them and their kids the best chance for survival?

My brother-in-law was smart enough to keep his mouth shut but I could really see the wheels turning and the reality starting to dawn on my sister.

Steady by jerks as they say.

Armed citizen - TV commercial

Ok, we're all agreed that these left-wing liberals are unlikely to embrace a commercial for gun ownership, rather they would like to air the unrealistic response to a security system alarm. How about they meet "us" half way? The commercial still portrays a BG breaking into a residence he knows to be occupied (home invasion with intent to rape and murder, as opposed to just robbery attempt). The alarm activates, the shocked home owner is startled, drops the plate she was washing and immediately reaches for her firearm which is secured to her side. The BG immediately turns and runs away without any shots needed to be fired. Now everyone is happy as it cannot be determined whether he bolted due to the obnoxious noise of the alarm, or the fact he was staring down the 4" barrel of a .45ACP pistol. Both aspects are clearly shown and the viewers can decide for themselves which was the more effect deterrent, however it does allow gun ownership to be seen along with common personal responsibility (alarm) as acceptable. Just for good measure, how about seeing a 100lb rottweiler dashing out of the door, hot on the heels of the perp. You know he ain't out running that! However, there should be no footage of the dog tearing chunks out of his ass as that would be seen as being politically incorrect by some group of freaks out there.
    I will never forget that I am an American, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links