Broadview Home security commercials......

This is a discussion on Broadview Home security commercials...... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; are REALLY getting ridiculous....have you seen the latest one????? girl is talking with a guy at a house party "AJ".....everybody leaves and girl locks door ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Broadview Home security commercials......

are REALLY getting ridiculous....have you seen the latest one?????

girl is talking with a guy at a house party "AJ".....everybody leaves and girl locks door and activates security system......shes in the kitchen and "AJ" is at the back door and breaks in....

alarm sounds, AJ sees the menacing keypad on the door and bolts.....

nothing wrong with a home security system (i guess)...but these commercials play on the "sheep" mentality a little too much.....

The call time can be ridiculously long some times with the monitoring systems.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Quote Originally Posted by shjourdan View Post
    The call time can be ridiculously long some times with the monitoring systems.
    yeah thats what i figured.......

In reality the commercial should go:

AJ breaks in door, doesnt give a damn about the alarm or menacing keypad.....knows it will take 20 minutes for security company to call the cops so he is free to rob, rape, murder etc. helpless victim and be in the next county before cops show up.......

As a HVAC contractor, I have set off ADT alarms in homes (the customer was "suppose" to leave it off) the fastest response I have seen so far was 12 minutes. the longest was 18 min.

In one case I was sitting on the front porch when a motor cop pulled up and parked in the street. He waved to me to come to him, he never got off his scooter. I walked across the lawn the cop says with a smile "ya know, most bad guys run away when they see me" I said "then you know, I'm not the bad guy (pointing to my truck with lettering all over it) I'm waiting for the home owner to show up and turn this stupid thing off"

The nice officer took out a pad, wrote down my name and license place number and said "have a nice day" and drove off?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

I absolutely love it when the phone call comes "ARE YOU ALL RIGHT ? " ...... "someone just broke into my house".... "we'll call for help right away".

uh huh.... really ? Someone has already broke into your house and you are busy talking to Broadwiew Security ? UH HUH, sure thing. I think I would want more than a phone in my hand and Broadview Security on the other side wasting my time , telling me they'll call for help.

Can we say... "too late".

Then to the top it all ... " I feel so much more secure knowing I have Broadview Security now" . Really ? Why ? Because there is someone calling you ?

now come on, a security system is fine if your not going to be home for a couple of weeks and response time is not a concern
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Ever notice that the guy monitoring the calls is a professional looking man in a white shirt and tie? More likely it will really be answered by some guy in India.
    "Hello, my name is Bob, hold please."

Those commercials drive me nuts for so many reasons. So unrealistic. Someone (a gun manufacturer perhaps) should make a parody commercial where "AJ" breaks in and ignores the alarm. We hear two or three gunshots and then the phone rings. "Ma'am is everything ok?" "Some guy just tried to break in, but it's ok now, I took care of it." I bet the bleeding heart liberals would blow a gasket about political correctness and hug-a-thug.

Be fair now....

I'm a security system installer by trade for 15 years. Alarms are only as good as the monitoring service. We use a very reputable company with a dispatch time of less than 60 seconds. BUT, alot can happen in that 60 seconds. And law enforcement is way too busy to drop everything and come running for "another false alarm". Thats why I carry every day too. But its a great "heads up" when your sleeping, and great to know where the threat is approaching from!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." -- James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim97702 View Post
    I'm a security system installer by trade for 15 years. Alarms are only as good as the monitoring service. We use a very reputable company with a dispatch time of less than 60 seconds. BUT, alot can happen in that 60 seconds. And law enforcement is way too busy to drop everything and come running for "another false alarm". Thats why I carry every day too. But its a great "heads up" when your sleeping, and great to know where the threat is approaching from!
    That is pretty much the only reason I could see for spending money for an alarm system is to wake me up, but since I feed a good dog every day, I will just rely on her bark to wake me up.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Here's how it should play

I get frustrated watching these home security commercials. It probably makes the feel great knowing that a call will come in just 2.5 seconds, and the police in just 2 more seconds...yeah, right!
    I have a hard time believing that in any domestic situation, especially, that the dirtbag would ignore a court order, but run away at the sound of an alarm.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    I just love it!!! Thanks for the heads up on this one...I thought it will be scary......

Oh by the way, the Broadbent commercial? -- I always wonder why the people enacting those scenes goes to the bedroom whether it is upstairs or downstairs...it is the bedroom where rape happens...silly!! At least shut the door!!! Ooopppsss it can happen anywhere, just more comfy in the bed.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

These things are terrible. BBB should get involved. I am in the security business and have dealt with alarm systems a lot. They often hire any Tom,Dick or Harry to answer the phone.
    Been many times I've called Monitoring station and its rang 30times , the person answers who appeared to be asleep.
    Also if you are in an area like mine where budget cuts have limited law enforcement coverage, no one may show up to begin with.
    I absolutely go crazy every time these commercials come on!
    But they are trying to sell the system, not sure if anyone would buy them if they show the perp rape the girl, steal the belongings and go to the next house.
    Best bet
    Get a dog, own a gun!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links