Consider a four footed furry thing as your first warning system

This is a discussion on Consider a four footed furry thing as your first warning system within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One with big teeth that has bonded to your family....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consider a four footed furry thing as your first warning system

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

One with big teeth that has bonded to your family.

Dogs are great.

However, when someone was breaking into my son's house and his wife was fighting the guy at the door to keep him from coming it, the cat (white / tan ear Siamese) attacked the guy by jumping in the middle of his face. When he ran away thru the snow , the cat was still attached to his face. She called me and I raced over there, and as we were waiting for the police to show the cat returned, covered in blood (white cat) but was unharmed, it was the perp's blood. The police followed the blood trail thru the fresh snow to a house 3 doors away, and when the guy answered the door with deep scratches and blood all over his face... as well as his shoes fit the foot prints in the snow , he was arrested.

He was charged and found guilty of breaking & entering and attempted rape.

Siamese cats are furious little wonder kitties. My family had one for years, and it was kind and loving around the family, but anytime we had guests the eight pound little guy would attack their legs. This came to the point where my younger sisters boy friend would not enter the house due to his fear of an eight pound cat. My dad and I never could find a way to thank it. I can see why the Egyptians thought so highly of the Siamese breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
    Siamese cats are furious little wonder kitties. My family had one for years, and it was kind and loving around the family, but anytime we had guests the eight pound little guy would attack their legs. This came to the point where my younger sisters boy friend would not enter the house due to his fear of an eight pound cat. My dad and I never could find a way to thank it. I can see why the Egyptians thought so highly of the Siamese breed.
    Siamese cats were/are used even by the Chinese Buddhists to guard their vaults, something like our Fort Knox. Only a privileged few are allowed to pet the cats. They are guardians. We have a Siamese cat because hubby's mom used to have them. They are very talkative too and very loving.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Yeah they'll meow up a storm. Particularly at four or five in the morning.

I've never been much of a cat lover, but a do get a great deal of companionship from the canine division of the home protection plan.
    I didn't realize that cats could be so protective towards strangers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by wkientz1 View Post
    Siamese cats were/are used even by the Chinese Buddhists to guard their vaults, something like our Fort Knox. Only a privileged few are allowed to pet the cats. They are guardians. We have a Siamese cat because hubby's mom used to have them. They are very talkative too and very loving.
    Wife and I have a Siamese with a "bob-tail"....we adopted him from the music teacher at my wife's school....We wanted to give him a music-related name....when I saw his "unfinished" tail.....we knew we HAD to name him.....Schubert!!! ("Shooby" for short....)
    Shooby likes bluebery muffins....and sounds off when he wants one!!!

Ron
    Our mixed breed, YorkiePoo, barks up a storm at the slightest sound or movement anywhere outside of our house.

I don't think he would do much in the way of attacking an intruder, but I know that I will not be surprised by someone trying to break into our house, that I will have more then ample advance warning, and that is what I am most concened with.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Here is ours , she has already put my son who came over and walked in the back door unannounced and the UPS driver back in their trucks
    Attached Images
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I completely forgot about the agressiveness of Siamese cats. We've had two and they were indeed much more aggressive than we had expected.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Mine is an 8 legged alarm system, comprized of One 96 pound German Shepard and One 72 pound Siberian Husky. A look at the shepard would make one want to leave but the Husky is the mean one.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    Mine is an 8 legged alarm system, comprized of One 96 pound German Shepard and One 72 pound Siberian Husky. A look at the shepard would make one want to leave but the Husky is the mean one.
    So, do you spent all your time getting out the Dyson and cleaning the carpets?

Those are both great looking dogs.

Our 10 pound dog goes bananas' if anyone gets within 50 feet of our house.

Day or night.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Meet my family's first line of defense, Max. He's our Border-Collie mix (now two) whose bark gives most who approach our door a moment of pause. He is the best and most loving dog I have ever owned and is fiercely protective of all my ladies! The only drawback was the first few months of his adjustment to our home (I got him from the Humane Society when he was around 9 months old) when his herding instinct caused him to nip my daughters' hinies as they ran through the house. Eventually, they learned to put their hand back there to block him from doing this and Max has since put this bad habit to rest.....thank goodness. Anyway, here's Max!!

VERY alert eye..... cutie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links