A good wireless home security system (non-monitored type)

This is a discussion on A good wireless home security system (non-monitored type) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can anyone suggest a "good" quality wireless home security system (that does NOT need to purchase a monitoring service with it) to augment our HD ...

Thread: A good wireless home security system (non-monitored type)

Exclamation A good wireless home security system (non-monitored type)

Can anyone suggest a "good" quality wireless home security system (that does NOT need to purchase a monitoring service with it) to augment our HD firearms.

I want one that does a good job of deterrent with an ALARM and LIGHTS when breached. Motion detection is definitely a must (we have dogs but they are kenneled at night, although they can still bark) Not looking for a cheap no-name crap brand... looking for quality AND value, wireless, expandable and NO MONITORING needed. I got 911 for that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Links and pics would be helpful too.
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

2. Remove Ads

I would recommend a DSC system, It's what I have and is one of the brands I used to install.
    I like the fact that new stuff is almost always backwards compatable with old. I would get either the 1832 or the 1864 (last 2 numbers is the max zones it can have) and the wireless expander. Go with the LCD keypad and not the ICON or LED keypad. You can save a couple of bucks by getting the keypad with the wireless module in built in. I would recommend at least 2 keypads, one at the main entrance and one in the master bedroom.
    DSC this is the manufactuers website. Where I live this brand can be purchase at a eletronics supply shop.

VIP Member
    I can't find the link right now, but they make a "motion detector alarm" that plugs into the phone line. If someone enters the monitored area, the alarm quietly dials your cell phone or whatever. You can listen in on what's happening in your house and you have the ability to speak back to the intruders.

I don't have one, only seen it advertised, if you're interested I'll try and find a link for you.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

A few months ago I received a phone call from a security system trying to sell me a monitoring service with a "free security system". I told them to call back in a couple of days. Then I began researching the company and the system they were pushing. From what I learned, I turned down the company's offer (bad BBB reports, etc.). However, the system itself got good reviews. Below is just one link to info on the GE Simon 3 system. You can install it yourself, add all kinds of components depending on your desires/requirements, it is stand alone, but can be monotored if you wish. Search the web and you can find lots of info.

Security-Kits :: Security Alarm Systems :: GE Simon-3 Wireless Security Alarm System

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has personal experience with this system.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links