Home Defense Help/Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Home Defense Help/Suggestions? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Vendetta I appreciate your input Glock!! I'm considering the alarm system option. No pets as my wife is alergic...lol I personally installed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home Defense Help/Suggestions?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I appreciate your input Glock!!

I'm considering the alarm system option. No pets as my wife is alergic...lol

I personally installed all the doors/locks....Spent almost 1000 of my tax return money on that stuff...lol They're g2g.

Josh
    Get an LGD.
    Livestock Guardian Dog

They will stay outside .Siberia would not bother them. They will guard you, your family, up to and including their death, (or the Bad guys)

Flock Guardian Dogs, Flock Guards, Dogs to Protect the Livestock

Here is a link for you,

Some of them are way to scary serious, but some fit nicely into a family

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself."
    Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

There are two problems. First, danger of your house being broken into. I like the camera idea as it gives you a recording of the perp. Second, I agree with the drug house theory of sami. The only solution is to make sure the good neighbors are aware, keep after the police, and take lots of pictures. Do you want drug users cruising the neighborhood all hours of the day and night?

Take a look at Frys they have a wide variety of systems to fit anyones budget. As low as $35 for a wired color night vision cameras that plug directly into your TV or receiver. Our security system uses mostly wireless cameras some are hidden all with internet feeds for off site storage / accessibility. So no matter what happens there will be pictures of the perps and their license plates. They also provide real time feeds so we know what is going on outside, from inside the house or remotely via the internet. W ealso have motion sensors that alert us as soon as some one enters the property, that turn on out door lights and ring a buzzer inside the house. We have a couple of landing strip lights that I can hit intruders with to blind them if they are uninvited "guests". The landing light was military surplus the rest we got from Frys
    In your case I would be sure to have some cameras on their driveway so you could record license plates. Also hide some of the cameras. Over lap their views incase anyone tries to tamper with them. Last I would put a motion sensor on that window to activate a spot light onto that house every time a pellet hits your window.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Take a look at Frys they have a wide variety of systems to fit anyones budget. As low as $35 for a wired color night vision cameras that plug directly into your TV or receiver. Our security system uses mostly wireless cameras some are hidden all with internet feeds for off site storage / accessibility. So no matter what happens there will be pictures of the perps and their license plates. They also provide real time feeds so we know what is going on outside, from inside the house or remotely via the internet. W ealso have motion sensors that alert us as soon as some one enters the property, that turn on out door lights and ring a buzzer inside the house. We have a couple of landing strip lights that I can hit intruders with to blind them if they are uninvited "guests". The landing light was military surplus the rest we got from Frys
    In your case I would be sure to have some cameras on their driveway so you could record license plates. Also hide some of the cameras. Over lap their views incase anyone tries to tamper with them. Last I would put a motion sensor on that window to activate a spot light onto that house every time a pellet hits your window.
    I've always been curious about "wireless" cameras....they still need power, how does one provide that?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I've always been curious about "wireless" cameras....they still need power, how does one provide that?
    Ours run off of internal batteries I could be mistaken but I think you can get them hardwired to 110 as well. For us that would have been self defeating as we would of had to run 20 acres of wire to get to our perimeter
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

1. get dogs to patrol your yard....hopefully, your yard is completely enclosed and fenced.

2. get automated turn on/off system for automatically turning on TV/radio/lights on even if you are not at home.

Stay safe!

--John

Administrator
    This thread is 2 years old. They may have moved out already. Closed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links