Lets see your home defense setups

This is a discussion on Lets see your home defense setups within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by maddy345 I guess you didn't read the entire post... I read the whole post I was just giving general recommendations. But just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see your home defense setups

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    I guess you didn't read the entire post...
    I read the whole post I was just giving general recommendations.

But just bolting down the GunVault regardless of corner or planes is better than not at all. It prevents the smash and grab thief.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    for BG coming up the street I use the howitzer mounted on the roof.

If he gets past that he has to navigate through the field of bouncing betty and surplus anti tank mines on either side and caltrops in the road.

If the BG escaped the howitzer and has run flat tires he better drive around the covered pit I dug last month.

After he climbs out of the car he better move quick since my 4 blood thirsty German Shepards haven't eaten in a few hours.

If he eludes the howitzer, has run flat tires, drives around the pit and loses the dogs he can start work on cracking open my front door which happens to be a salvaged provident bank valt door.

After getting that open he can stare down the barrel of my M2-2.

If he escapes the howitzer, mines, bouncing betty, caltrops, pit, dogs, cracks the valt, and my M2-2 he will be sad to know I have nothing to steal since I spent all my money on defenses...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    for BG coming up the street I use the howitzer mounted on the roof.

If he gets past that he has to navigate through the field of bouncing betty and surplus anti tank mines on either side and caltrops in the road.

If the BG escaped the howitzer and has run flat tires he better drive around the covered pit I dug last month.

After he climbs out of the car he better move quick since my 4 blood thirsty German Shepards haven't eaten in a few hours.

If he eludes the howitzer, has run flat tires, drives around the pit and loses the dogs he can start work on cracking open my front door which happens to be a salvaged provident bank valt door.

After getting that open he can stare down the barrel of my M2-2.

If he escapes the howitzer, mines, bouncing betty, caltrops, pit, dogs, cracks the valt, and my M2-2 he will be sad to know I have nothing to steal since I spent all my money on defenses...
    Don't you have any concertina wire?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Don't you have any concertina wire?
    The wife told me no
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    The wife told me no

Funny how women never seem to get the really important stuff.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My gun is either on my hip or sitting holstered on my night stand within easy reach. (No kids in the house) I also have two Chocolate labs that go berserk if anyone enters the house. The rest of my guns are in a gun safe bolted to the floor in the basement.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

When I am home I have a TCP in my pocket at all times. When I go to bed the TCP goes in the cabinet, and the P95DC comes out. It has a magnetic mount on the head board of my bed.

A small safe does protect small children, but it also make a great carrying case for dirtbags. I'd work towards getting a full size safe.
    Gun Safe Buyers' Guide

Great looking dogs, we lost our RR last year...he was the best dog we've ever had, and we miss him dearly. He was a GREAT watchdog and an extremely loyal friend.

As for my night time visitor set up?
    Well, one has to enter our home at night to see that...actually, all that would be seen is the first 'flash'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Thank you, NO!

I think posting the details of your home defenses (with photos of the actual locations, no less) on a public forum is not the smartest move in the world.

But that's just my opinion.
    it really wont matter because we don't know who's who anyway...but thats just my opinion.
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerReady View Post
    it really wont matter because we don't know who's who anyway...but thats just my opinion.
    +1 to that

Home Defense Set-ups?

I also agree on the no pictures side, but I will tell you part of what I have. All external doors have hardened frames and lock assemblys with 3 inch screws. The perimeter of the house is watched by 6 IR color cameras feeding a 1TB hard drive with motion sensing. The motion detection on each camera is set for 5 feed inside of the property line and will give a beep beep alarm in the bedroom if tripped. Guns include but not limited to, Springfield Armory .45ACP with Corbon 185 GR Hollowpoints you can get an echo out of, G21 with the same, G19 with gun light and happy stick full of Corbon, Para Ordinance P16-40 with the same. These are in various locations. The bedroom door has an inside only frame lock on both sides, hinge and open side and is solid core changed from hollow core when the house was built. Two sets of motion sensing lights outside and all inside lights are X-10 remotes.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Home defense?

Here's mine......

Seriously, I have the same 'lock-box' in my closet and another close to my desk.
    Attached Images
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

BGE
    Bolting the safe down to the FLOOR would be the first thing. My uncle had stand up rifle safe (full over 400lbs) and it was carried off by two BG. Second, plan for the worst. What if one or more BG came in your home with or without dogs and for some reason you werent in your bedroom? What defense do you have now? Have SOMETHING in everyroom even if its not a pistol or rifle. I understand this can be hard with a child around, but someday it might save his/her/your life. I also noticed your dresser is right infront of a window. I dont care what floor the windows on, but would it be possible for the BG to take the (unbolted safe) and throw it through the window to the _________ (street?) below whail his buddy loads it up and makes a get away? Hopefully not. Smart thinking about trying to improve safety...
    Last edited by BGE; April 3rd, 2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: error
    "AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE"
    - JOHN VIII:XXXII

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Here's mine......

Seriously, I have the same 'lock-box' in my closet and another close to my desk.
    GSB, What kind of dog is that?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links