Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

This is a discussion on Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals" within the Key House Press forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    If we can purchase the book from you directly P.M. me with pricing and shipping info please. Used on Amazon says $200+. Seemed a bit high to me. Thanks.

Hey oldnfat, if you purchase through Amazon, pick "Key House Press" as the supplier (that's us), then you'll get the actual price of $26.95. I'm not sure where those used prices come from, my guess certain retailers use spiders to scan all of the books for sale, and come up with some arbitrary price. There are also quite a few other retailers that sell the book (usually one of them is offering some type of special), including the NRA through NRAstore.com; The Sportsman's Guide, and Intermedia Outdoors (through their Guns and Ammo on-line store). If you have a Gander Mountain near you (I think there were 115 stores at last count), you can pick up one of their custom editions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    If we can purchase the book from you directly P.M. me with pricing and shipping info please. Used on Amazon says $200+. Seemed a bit high to me. Thanks.

Hey sixgun, you'll make the next free offer. I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I received my free signed copy on Friday. I just completed reading it. Very informative and reinforcing of fundamentals and concepts. Thank you!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I'm really enjoying it so far, not a fast reader but it keeps me interested.

HCF
    I will have to check this book out be nice addition to the man cave

OD*
    Michael, received my copy Saturday, thank you very much sir.

I have only had time to look over the book briefly, it is well put together quality wise, excellent photos, and what little I did have the chance to read, seems like it will be very informative, especially those relatively new to concealed carry.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Michael, received my copy Saturday, thank you very much sir.

I have only had time to look over the book briefly, it is well put together quality wise, excellent photos, and what little I did have the chance to read, seems like it will be very informative, especially those relatively new to concealed carry.
    Thanks OD*!

Let me know when you guys have had a chance to look it over - it would be great to see some comments here. For those of you who would still like to pick up a free copy, we'll be doing a drawing to give away another ten copies of the print edition of iPad edition. You can register on Facebook on the "Book Promotion" page: Key House Press | Facebook

Thanks again!

Michael

registered!! Hope I win!!

Distinguished Member
    Received my copy this morning. The book looks fantastic. Very high quality printing and glossy paper. I'm looking forward to reading it in the next few days (will be squeezing it in with all of the other things that are currently happening).

Thanks Michael!
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Michael, I received the copy of your book you sent to me on Saturday. I skimmed thru it Saturday afternoon and began reading it Saturday evening. Stayed up late last night and finished it.

I think it is very well written, well organized, and the pictures and illustrations are great! I think the book would be a great teaching aid for any instructor, and I would highly recommend it for new and less experienced shooters. I think even more experienced shooters will enjoy it and learn a thing or two--I know I did, and I've been shooting and handling guns since I was 13 years old (and that was 57 years ago.)

I found Chapter 4, The Legal Use Of Force, and Chaper 5, Violent Encounters And Their Aftermath, to be especially interesting and informative. These two chapters should be of special interest to experienced shooters who already have a solid knowledge and understanding of most of the other information covered in the book.

After my wife, who also has her CHL, reads the book, I intend to pass it on to one of my daughters, who shoots and who wants me to teach my granddaughter, who is 13 to shoot as well. After her, I want my oldest daughter and my 18 year old granddaughter to read it too.

I think your book is great and I would, and will, recommend it to others. Thanks again.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

free copy

I would like to have one. I might be able to afford a free issui.:

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Michael, I received the copy of your book you sent to me on Saturday. I skimmed thru it Saturday afternoon and began reading it Saturday evening. Stayed up late last night and finished it.

I think it is very well written, well organized, and the pictures and illustrations are great! I think the book would be a great teaching aid for any instructor, and I would highly recommend it for new and less experienced shooters. I think even more experienced shooters will enjoy it and learn a thing or two--I know I did, and I've been shooting and handling guns since I was 13 years old (and that was 57 years ago.)

I found Chapter 4, The Legal Use Of Force, and Chaper 5, Violent Encounters And Their Aftermath, to be especially interesting and informative. These two chapters should be of special interest to experienced shooters who already have a solid knowledge and understanding of most of the other information covered in the book.

After my wife, who also has her CHL, reads the book, I intend to pass it on to one of my daughters, who shoots and who wants me to teach my granddaughter, who is 13 to shoot as well. After her, I want my oldest daughter and my 18 year old granddaughter to read it too.

I think your book is great and I would, and will, recommend it to others. Thanks again.
    Thank you JDE101, those are wonderful comments! I have to say that my biggest measure of success is when a reader decides to pass the book on to other people. That is really a huge compliment! For those of you who are instructors, JDE101 really zeroed in on my target audience for the book. I first created the book as a teaching aid that I'd be able to use in my own classes, and it took off from there. We now have dozens of training organizations across the U.S. (including Gander Mtn. Academy) who use our books as their classroom text. We also make a companion PowerPoint available to any instructor using our books, so in class, the students get to use the same visuals that they'll see when they read the book. If you're an instructor and have an interest in hearing more, shoot me a PM!

Thanks again JDE101, it is very much appreciated.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMartin View Post
    We're not on Kindle yet, mostly because until recently, Kindle didn't allow a "fixed layout" style of book (books that required illustrations to be in particular locations on the page). That's changed though, so you should expect to see the print edition of the book appear on Kindle soon. The iPad book on the other hand, has a level of interactivity that just isn't available yet on Kindle, or any other book reader. I expect Kindle and the Nook to catch up at some point, but so far, Apple is way out ahead (which should be apparent for those of you getting a look at the iBook).

Michael
    My wife received one of your free ones the other day. I was thumbing through it and find that it looks like a really nice and informative book. You've put a lot of work into it.

Unfortunately I don't get to read it until after my wife finishes with it. She said it's her book and I can go out and buy my own if I want to read it sooner! Can you believe that?

I'll definitely get the Kindle version when it's available. And will read the one you sent my wife when she finishes it!

A good and informative piece of work Mike. Congrats on the book. I think you have a winner there!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast