Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

This is a discussion on Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals" within the Key House Press forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array sixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    indiana usa
    Posts
    2,563
    PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Distinguished Member
    Array oldnfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,398
    If we can purchase the book from you directly P.M. me with pricing and shipping info please. Used on Amazon says $200+. Seemed a bit high to me. Thanks.

  4. #33
    Member Array MichaelMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    60
    Hey oldnfat, if you purchase through Amazon, pick "Key House Press" as the supplier (that's us), then you'll get the actual price of $26.95. I'm not sure where those used prices come from, my guess certain retailers use spiders to scan all of the books for sale, and come up with some arbitrary price. There are also quite a few other retailers that sell the book (usually one of them is offering some type of special), including the NRA through NRAstore.com; The Sportsman's Guide, and Intermedia Outdoors (through their Guns and Ammo on-line store). If you have a Gander Mountain near you (I think there were 115 stores at last count), you can pick up one of their custom editions.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    If we can purchase the book from you directly P.M. me with pricing and shipping info please. Used on Amazon says $200+. Seemed a bit high to me. Thanks.

  5. #34
    Member Array MichaelMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    60
    Hey sixgun, you'll make the next free offer. I'm sure of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    PM sent probably didnt make the ten but oh well. Would probably have been a good read.

  6. #35
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,414
    I received my free signed copy on Friday. I just completed reading it. Very informative and reinforcing of fundamentals and concepts. Thank you!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,509
    I'm really enjoying it so far, not a fast reader but it keeps me interested.

  8. #37
    HCF
    HCF is offline
    Member Array HCF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    62
    I will have to check this book out be nice addition to the man cave

  9. #38
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,717
    Michael, received my copy Saturday, thank you very much sir.

    I have only had time to look over the book briefly, it is well put together quality wise, excellent photos, and what little I did have the chance to read, seems like it will be very informative, especially those relatively new to concealed carry.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  10. #39
    Member Array MichaelMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Michael, received my copy Saturday, thank you very much sir.

    I have only had time to look over the book briefly, it is well put together quality wise, excellent photos, and what little I did have the chance to read, seems like it will be very informative, especially those relatively new to concealed carry.
    Thanks OD*!

    Let me know when you guys have had a chance to look it over - it would be great to see some comments here. For those of you who would still like to pick up a free copy, we'll be doing a drawing to give away another ten copies of the print edition of iPad edition. You can register on Facebook on the "Book Promotion" page: Key House Press | Facebook

    Thanks again!

    Michael

  11. #40
    New Member Array mluikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    registered!! Hope I win!!

  12. #41
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,383
    Received my copy this morning. The book looks fantastic. Very high quality printing and glossy paper. I'm looking forward to reading it in the next few days (will be squeezing it in with all of the other things that are currently happening).

    Thanks Michael!
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  13. #42
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,408
    Michael, I received the copy of your book you sent to me on Saturday. I skimmed thru it Saturday afternoon and began reading it Saturday evening. Stayed up late last night and finished it.

    I think it is very well written, well organized, and the pictures and illustrations are great! I think the book would be a great teaching aid for any instructor, and I would highly recommend it for new and less experienced shooters. I think even more experienced shooters will enjoy it and learn a thing or two--I know I did, and I've been shooting and handling guns since I was 13 years old (and that was 57 years ago.)

    I found Chapter 4, The Legal Use Of Force, and Chaper 5, Violent Encounters And Their Aftermath, to be especially interesting and informative. These two chapters should be of special interest to experienced shooters who already have a solid knowledge and understanding of most of the other information covered in the book.

    After my wife, who also has her CHL, reads the book, I intend to pass it on to one of my daughters, who shoots and who wants me to teach my granddaughter, who is 13 to shoot as well. After her, I want my oldest daughter and my 18 year old granddaughter to read it too.

    I think your book is great and I would, and will, recommend it to others. Thanks again.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  14. #43
    New Member Array spider7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    north vernon, in
    Posts
    9

    free copy

    I would like to have one. I might be able to afford a free issui.:

  15. #44
    Member Array MichaelMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Michael, I received the copy of your book you sent to me on Saturday. I skimmed thru it Saturday afternoon and began reading it Saturday evening. Stayed up late last night and finished it.

    I think it is very well written, well organized, and the pictures and illustrations are great! I think the book would be a great teaching aid for any instructor, and I would highly recommend it for new and less experienced shooters. I think even more experienced shooters will enjoy it and learn a thing or two--I know I did, and I've been shooting and handling guns since I was 13 years old (and that was 57 years ago.)

    I found Chapter 4, The Legal Use Of Force, and Chaper 5, Violent Encounters And Their Aftermath, to be especially interesting and informative. These two chapters should be of special interest to experienced shooters who already have a solid knowledge and understanding of most of the other information covered in the book.

    After my wife, who also has her CHL, reads the book, I intend to pass it on to one of my daughters, who shoots and who wants me to teach my granddaughter, who is 13 to shoot as well. After her, I want my oldest daughter and my 18 year old granddaughter to read it too.

    I think your book is great and I would, and will, recommend it to others. Thanks again.
    Thank you JDE101, those are wonderful comments! I have to say that my biggest measure of success is when a reader decides to pass the book on to other people. That is really a huge compliment! For those of you who are instructors, JDE101 really zeroed in on my target audience for the book. I first created the book as a teaching aid that I'd be able to use in my own classes, and it took off from there. We now have dozens of training organizations across the U.S. (including Gander Mtn. Academy) who use our books as their classroom text. We also make a companion PowerPoint available to any instructor using our books, so in class, the students get to use the same visuals that they'll see when they read the book. If you're an instructor and have an interest in hearing more, shoot me a PM!

    Thanks again JDE101, it is very much appreciated.

    Michael

  16. #45
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMartin View Post
    We're not on Kindle yet, mostly because until recently, Kindle didn't allow a "fixed layout" style of book (books that required illustrations to be in particular locations on the page). That's changed though, so you should expect to see the print edition of the book appear on Kindle soon. The iPad book on the other hand, has a level of interactivity that just isn't available yet on Kindle, or any other book reader. I expect Kindle and the Nook to catch up at some point, but so far, Apple is way out ahead (which should be apparent for those of you getting a look at the iBook).

    Michael
    My wife received one of your free ones the other day. I was thumbing through it and find that it looks like a really nice and informative book. You've put a lot of work into it.

    Unfortunately I don't get to read it until after my wife finishes with it. She said it's her book and I can go out and buy my own if I want to read it sooner! Can you believe that?

    I'll definitely get the Kindle version when it's available. And will read the one you sent my wife when she finishes it!

    A good and informative piece of work Mike. Congrats on the book. I think you have a winner there!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

basic handgun and concealed carry fundamentals
,

concealed carry and home defense fundamentals

,
concealed carry and home defense fundamentals by michael martin
,
concealed carry defense
,
concealed carry defense.com
,

concealed carry fundamentals

,
concealedcarrydefence.com
,

concealedcarrydefense.com

,
concealedcarryfundamentals.com
,
free home defense report
,
freehomedefensereport.com
,
www.concealedcarryfundamentals.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.