Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

This is a discussion on Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals" within the Key House Press forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I did a quick look through when I first got it and I am settling in now for a cover to cover read. So far ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Free copies of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals"

I did a quick look through when I first got it and I am settling in now for a cover to cover read. So far I am very impressed and find the writing very easy to read and understand. I am trying to do a chapter every morning. Hubby is pushing me because he wants his turn, but he can just wait until I am done.

I will come back and give a complete "book report" when I finish it. I have already recommended it in another thread and plan on telling my older brother to get one. So far....great job.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Mine arrived late Monday and it's in the queue. Thanks Michael, I'll be looking forward to talking to you about it.

Thanks for all the fantastic comments! Can't wait to hear what you guys think once you've finished. If I could also ask a big favor, for those of you who have Amazon accounts, it would also be a huge favor if you'd be willing to post a review on that site. The books is already climbing the charts, but every five-star rating and positive review helps to push us higher, which helps to spread the word further.

If you're willing, here's the link: Amazon.com: Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals (9781616582388): Michael Martin: Books

Thanks again to everyone for their great comments!

Michael

'Concealed Carry and Home Defense' by Michael Martin

First I'd like to say Thank You Michael Martin!! Wow, this is much more than expected!
    I received my copy and was VERY impressed with the quality of the book.

This book should be on the counter at every gun store and shooting range. I also believe this book should be the foundation of the training process at every concealed carry licence class. So many new CC licensees have been issued with many first time gun owners knowing little, if anything, about home defense. This book starts with the basic understanding of weapons (including interesting statistics) and continues on to give real life scenarios to help you understand when you can and can NOT use deadly force.

There are 7 chapters in the book.

1. Developing a personal & home protection plan.
    2. Handgun and shotgun basics.
    3. Shooting fundamentals for defensive accuracy.
    4. The LEGAL use of force.
    5. Violent encounters and their aftermath.
    6. Gear and gadgets.
    7. Basic and advanced skills.

Every chapter is very well written and accompanied by excellent, high quality photos for clarification. The information is well researched and should clear up many misconceptions and 'myths'. Author Michael Martin runs the carry gamut from why to carry all the way to very effective training exercises to build the skills necessary to do so. His advice on contacting your attorney first and remaining silent and NOT allowing a search of car or home is very valuable information and topics that are rarely discussed.

This book is an absolutely invaluable tool and should be sitting on every gun owners coffee table.

Highly recommended to gun owners of any level. 5 stars.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I agree with the comments above as to it being a well-written and well-presented book. Excellent photography and graphics. I think the seven chapters are a very good summary of the information at hand. I've done some spot reading (just got it Monday) and am impressed with the content and style. As said above, I'll do a full review when I've read it all and will also post on Amazon per Michael's request. My son and daughter both came over last night and they looked at it for quite a while -- they both want to borrow it when I'm done. Son has CCP, daughter is interested.

Michael, great job!

I would like one

Mike, where are my manners?.. I received my book last week, signed and personalized to boot, I agree with the others that it seems well thought out and is a quality item.

I've only had time to get thru Chapter 3 so far, but it's an easy read. Well placed pictures to help with the explanations and text. I'm looking forward to finishing the book and will report back with a more detailed 'review' when I do.!

Thanks again.

Distinguished Member
    I'm still working on mine. Sometimes I read fairly slow because I don't always have time to get into it more than a short bit at a time. But I am liking it so far.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Michael,
    I just posted a 5 star review on iTunes and Amazon. My wife absolutely loved it!

Thanks again for the free copy. I'm telling everyone I know about your book and showing it to them (when I can wrestle MY iPad away from my wife)!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Mike, where are my manners?.. I received my book last week, signed and personalized to boot, I agree with the others that it seems well thought out and is a quality item.

I've only had time to get thru Chapter 3 so far, but it's an easy read. Well placed pictures to help with the explanations and text. I'm looking forward to finishing the book and will report back with a more detailed 'review' when I do.!

Thanks again.
    Sounds great Walrus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    'Concealed Carry and Home Defense' by Michael Martin

First I'd like to say Thank You Michael Martin!! Wow, this is much more than expected!
    I received my copy and was VERY impressed with the quality of the book.

This book should be on the counter at every gun store and shooting range. I also believe this book should be the foundation of the training process at every concealed carry licence class. So many new CC licensees have been issued with many first time gun owners knowing little, if anything, about home defense. This book starts with the basic understanding of weapons (including interesting statistics) and continues on to give real life scenarios to help you understand when you can and can NOT use deadly force.

There are 7 chapters in the book.

1. Developing a personal & home protection plan.
    2. Handgun and shotgun basics.
    3. Shooting fundamentals for defensive accuracy.
    4. The LEGAL use of force.
    5. Violent encounters and their aftermath.
    6. Gear and gadgets.
    7. Basic and advanced skills.

Every chapter is very well written and accompanied by excellent, high quality photos for clarification. The information is well researched and should clear up many misconceptions and 'myths'. Author Michael Martin runs the carry gamut from why to carry all the way to very effective training exercises to build the skills necessary to do so. His advice on contacting your attorney first and remaining silent and NOT allowing a search of car or home is very valuable information and topics that are rarely discussed.

This book is an absolutely invaluable tool and should be sitting on every gun owners coffee table.

Highly recommended to gun owners of any level. 5 stars.
    Sig35seven, even my wife couldn't have written a more complementary review .

Any way that you guys can help to spread the word would be appreciated, ESPECIALLY letting instructors know about our books. Our biggest business is in shipping books in bulk to training organizations, and helping them with our PowerPoint presentation which parallels the book, and stresses the same topics, using the same graphics.

Thanks again, very much!

Michael

Hi all, I'm already gearing up for another book giveaway, and this time I'm going to do it through a website called Goodreads. I haven't participated in Goodreads before, so I need to build a bit of a following before I announce a book promotion. So - for those of you who have had a chance to read the book and have had such great things to say, I'm going to ask one more favor of you. If you could take the time to register on Goodreads, you'll be eligible to rate the book and add a review. My plan would be that once I have 20 ratings or so (hopefully all five-stars!) I'll run a new promotion to give away another ten books. As you can tell, I'm on a real marketing push to get the word out on both the print and iPad editions of the book, and any help you can provide would be very much appreciated! Here's the link to the book on Goodreads: Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals by Michael Martin - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

I believe that you'll need to register on the site before it will allow you to rate or review a book.

Thank all!

Michael

Hook me up!
    Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us..............Medic68

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medic68 View Post
    Hook me up!
    Did you even read the entire thread? Your post sure indicates you did not, otherwise you may have a comprehension problem.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I would definitely love to have a copy of your book to share with a fellow group of shooters.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast