Free iPad Editions of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals

This is a discussion on Free iPad Editions of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals within the Key House Press forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I'd like a copy please! If there are any left that is....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free iPad Editions of "Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals

I'd like a copy please! If there are any left that is.
    Gunga Galunga

2. Remove Ads

I'd like one, if offer's still open.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

If my iPad is missing, I can usually find it in one of the child seats, with sticky finger prints all over it :).

To your earlier question, my next priority is to break this book off into related iBooks, such as one focused strictly on handgun familiarization, one focused just on home security and home defense, etc. A video version might have to be next on the list. Hopefully you'll see that all of the videos embedded in the iBook are as high quality as the trailer up on YouTube, so it wouldn't be a real stretch to add to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Thanks, Mrs Yoda has our Ipad right now but after watching the youtube and seeing the previews in Amazon it looks like a winner.

Kadelic and Moops, you made it! PM on the way. Three to go!

Count me in if you have any left. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

PM sent. Two left!

Quote Originally Posted by Adameeski View Post
    Count me in if you have any left. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like a copy if the offer is still good.

You got it. PM on the way, and one left!

My kids are dragging me out to enjoy a beautiful Minnesota day, so I'll check back in a couple hours and will get the last promotion code to the next person who posts. I'm also going to start an additional thread with "Tips and Tricks" so that you can get the most out of the iBook.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I would like a copy if the offer is still good.

Michael,
    Absolutely beautiful! I've only just begun reading it, but if the rest is as good as the intro and ch.1, you have hit a home run! Excellent job, clear, concise, and no propaganda, just the facts! LOVE IT!

Thank you again!

Tom

Thank you Tom! If you've completed the first chapter, take the interactive quiz. I'd be interested to hear if you found the "hidden" thing mentioned in the quiz, that is in the 360 degree panorama of Las Vegas. Most people don't see it on the first pass, and they have to go back a second time to see what is really hidden in plain sight.

Thanks again!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by scout706 View Post
    Michael,
    Absolutely beautiful! I've only just begun reading it, but if the rest is as good as the intro and ch.1, you have hit a home run! Excellent job, clear, concise, and no propaganda, just the facts! LOVE IT!

Thank you again!

Tom

Any more copies available? :-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang, I think I missed it by one. If not, count me in!

bdcheung, you got the last one! PM on its way. Wreckingball, you can still download a sample of the book, which gives you a very good overview on the book content, including the complete introduction and a handful of the videos and interactive widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Any more copies available? :-D

Ok. I got my copy today. Thank you as this was very generous. It is a large download, over 1 gb. I have opened it and began browsing. My 1st impression is, I really like what I see. Crisp, clean, and lots of interaction. Video, images, checklist, and more. The read is easy and flows logically.

I really like what I see and there is a ton of material here. I am excited to go over more and enjoy this material.

Thanks again for providing this great book. More review to come.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Just finished the book and wanted to say WOW! Definite home run. The layout is nice and flows well. While I've ready many books on my Nook and on the Nook app for iPad, this was both my first iBooks read as well as my first interactive book. The charts, videos, and illustrations were helpful and interesting. My overall favorite chapter is chapter 6 on "The Physiology of Violent Encounters." Your way of describing the brain activities that occur when a human is under stress were easy to understand and thought provoking. I was actually working in the yard with my wife and three year old daughter yesterday and found myself discussing the paths from the Thalamus to the Motor Cortex via both the Amygdala and the Sensory Cortex. Not standard yard work discussion, but, it had captivated me enough to bring it up to my wife. The "reviews" at the end of the chapters were very useful, too. I found myself, starting on chapter 2, reading more carefully once I realized that there would be a test. The high speed camera videos were just plain cool. The sections on firearm operations and accessories were not new information for me, but I can see how a beginner would find it very useful. I wish I had owned a book like this when I first started shooting.

Thank you, Michael, for writing this and sharing it with me. I will highly recommend it to others.

...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast