Man shot during melee involving Baytown police

This is a discussion on Man shot during melee involving Baytown police within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man shot during melee involving Baytown police By CINDY GEORGE Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle March 27, 2010, 12:07PMShare Print Share According to the Baytown Police ...

Thread: Man shot during melee involving Baytown police

By CINDY GEORGE
    Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
    March 27, 2010, 12:07PMShare Print Share
    According to the Baytown Police Department, two officers were dispatched to a disturbance around 11:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of Coyote Lane. They arrived to find a large group of people arguing.

As officers attempted to apprehend one man involved, they were “swarmed by a large crowd that was trying to physically prevent the arrest,” a news release from Baytown Police said.

One officer drew his baton and ordered the crowd to stay back while his partner attempted to handcuff the man.

“The officer was then struck in the head by several men before being knocked to the ground, landing on his back,” the release said. “The officer's weapons on his gun belt were grabbed at during this assault and his radio was taken from him. The officer, fearing for his life, drew his duty weapon and fired twice at a suspect that was standing directly over him delivering blows.”

The injured man was shot in the abdomen and airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital.

Both officers sustained minor injuries. They were treated at a local hospital and released.

Three people were arrested. Two face charges of interference with public duties and another is charged with assaulting a public servant.

It is unclear whether the man who was shot by police is among those who have been charged.

The names of the officers nor the arrested men were released. A Baytown police spokesman could not be reached immediately.

Man shot during melee with Baytown police | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

No respect for LEO. People suck sometimes...
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Wow!!

I can't even come up with the right thing to say about this.

People just aren't right sometimes.

Cops have it way too tough sometimes.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

These cops needed MORE fire power...
    If you desire to attack a police officer, then you should expect a permanent solution provided BY the police officer...period!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I just can't imagine the nut-case that would attack a cop. You can imagine the regard this dirtbag has for the common citizen. I guess that's why they came up with the term 'sociopath'.

But....But..... But...... They were going to lock up his friend and the party wasn't over yet!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

LEO needs to practice more at the range, if I'm on my back and the individual is kicking me, two shots at that distance and he shouldn't have needed a airlift, call the M.E.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I just can't imagine the nut-case that would attack a cop. You can imagine the regard this dirtbag has for the common citizen. I guess that's why they came up with the term 'sociopath'.
    ^^^^^Yep^^^^^^^^

There is a lot of knuckle draggers in this world
    with no social graces ,who had illiterate, drug-addicted morons for parent(s) ,who never should have had kids, and by and large, these are the miscreatants, who, at present prey upon society as a whole

Harry S Truman:
    Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

all I can say about this is that they are lucky that there was not more people shot and alot of people killed....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    LEO needs to practice more at the range, if I'm on my back and the individual is kicking me, two shots at that distance and he shouldn't have needed a airlift, call the M.E.
    Under duress who is to say that you are gonna make your mark? You don't really know until it happens!
    One more step and it's on!

Sounds like a 'mob-mentality' took over. Those cops are lucky.

Very risky going into a 'hostile' crowd to get your man.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sponsored Links