CHPBill's Hangout

This is a discussion on CHPBill's Hangout within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey Gonzo: What agency are you with that currently issues Sigs? We\'re getting them here at CBP. Have you heard anything about that?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHPBill's Hangout

Hey Gonzo:

What agency are you with that currently issues Sigs? We\'re getting them here at CBP. Have you heard anything about that?

2. Remove Ads

Originally posted by CHPBill

Unfortunately I am about to lose my Internet access at home for awhile :(
    Been there, done that. See you when you return, sir. Stay safe.

Hey, Is this for SWORN only?? I\'m in Communications/ Non-Sworn but sworn at. Does that count??

Greetings,

Retired NJ peace keeper - Still here behind the wall working for a government contractor. \"Merry Christmas\" to all.

Best Regards,
    RECOIL

Hello

I am a state prison guard. Been on the GlockTalk forum under the same name for years. I am all for carrying off-duty everywhere (that is legal) all the time.

I just wanted to add my \"hello\" here, so: hello! While not a police officer, I do work as a Juvenile Detention Officer for the Department of Juvenile Justice in Florida, so I am on the law enforcement totem pole, so to speak.

There was a post above asking about non-sworn law enforcement individuals, and I would think all are welcome here. Law enforcement consists of those of us that are sworn as well as non-sworn employees; this, to me at least, could include: police officers, sheriff\'s deputies, state troopers, corrections officers, juvenile detention officers (that would be me), probation officers, border patrol, community service officers, communications operators, even volunteer positions and many, many others.

I would think, and hope, everyone would agree with that; law enforcement is, without a shadow of a doubt, a team, and that team has many different specialities.

Brandon

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Pikaroth
    I would think, and hope, everyone would agree with that; law enforcement is, without a shadow of a doubt, a team, and that team has many different specialities.

Brandon
    This area is open to all law enforcement whether they are sworn or not. You will see all areas of law enforcement represented and welcome. It\'s meant as a place that those in law enforcement can hang out and \"talk shop\" or discuss CCW issues (or related topics) from your unique perspective. Non LEOs can also come here. Nobody is segregated here, they are in a \"no cop bashing zone\". Anyone with an axe to grind against the police will be banned from this area as quick as I become aware of it. It can be whatever you it to be, enjoy yourself :)

One of my best friends and neighbor is a Phoenix lieutenant. Big gun guy but does not like the internet. Too many pervs and thieves he says. About a month after moving into my neighborhood there was a big commotion next door one night about 4 a.m. Hearing the commotion I grabed my Remington 870 and headed out the door just in time to see some guy coming over my block wall fence. With ice in my veins I racked a round into the 870. Guess the guy recognized the sound because back up over the wall went the bad guy. He then ran through the neighbors back yard, out the back gate, into the sights of the friendly neighborhood lieutenant. Thank god for the lieutenant. I\'d of shot the guy. As it stands he just some of the nieghbor jewelry and the neighbors purse. One bad guy gone to jail.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Hi, I\'m a full-time Constable in the PRM. Formerly a Special PO for 17 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links