Bounty hunter raids Home Without Warrant ?? - Page 3

Bounty hunter raids Home Without Warrant ??

This is a discussion on Bounty hunter raids Home Without Warrant ?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gestapo....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Gestapo.

I watched this on liveleak yesterday and that woman is crazy. She is the kind of person that truly scares me in this world. She opened the door and nobody broke into her home but she keeps screaming they did.
    Last edited by HotGuns; April 5th, 2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: unacceptable language

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    That's a good way to get shot and/or go to prison.
    Depends on the state. If you do not ID yourself properly in Florida as an LEO, with its Castle and Stand Your Ground laws, I bet the person forcing their way into the house would get shot and the occupant would walk. I know I would have no compunctions about assaulting or shooting someone who tried to force their way into my house.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Who is up, awake, and already running a video camera at 6:30am???

She was filming before the knock ever came on her door.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    That's a good way to get shot and/or go to prison.
    Sure is.... kick MY door in and you'll hope you only get prison...... No knocks are a special warrent, and I KNOW i dont have that kinda heat on me! So someone either made a mistake that is gonna cost their life, or their a bad guy....... kick my door in and I'll assume the latter...... Prison or not......
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Those who say what the Sheriff's Deputies did was OK are not dealing with law. It is NOT OK for Law Enforcement to enter a home except under very specific circumstances and this ain't it.

That said, anybody personally familiar with the Kern County Sheriff's Department know the behavior on the tape is common for them who work in the "known problem areas". They would NEVER do that in a well to do subdivision.

I really like and support upright LEO's (my dad was one and my son was injured in academy or he would be one today). But when it comes to the Kern County Sheriff's Department, I have seen coroner's reports changed, open homicide cases suddenly closed without comment and no case records to be located.

The closest story I could get is the District Attorney ran out of money to prosecute so those deciding such matters determined what crimes they would pursue. Of course they selected crimes where victims were prominent citizens.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    It is wise to read anything you sign (like the paperwork to bail someone out) IF you are not comfortable with what you are agreeing to, don't sign.

Simple as that.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

QUOTE]It is wise to read anything you sign (like the paperwork to bail someone out) IF you are not comfortable with what you are agreeing to, don't sign.

Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!!!

I have a friend who lost his home when he put it up for collateral on a bond for his scumbag brother, who promptly absconded.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Skip tracers are Mercs plain and simple. Why expect them to act in any other fashion?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I agree with you ibesarcasm. Let them try that here in florida and see what happens!

LOL Bandolero you are a funny guy! Some of us on here are LEO's or have prior law enforcement experience....troll
    S&W M&P15X | S&W 642CT
    Mossberg 500 | Remington 700 .308
    Kimber 45 Ultra Crimson Carry 2
    XD 45 Compact | XD 9mm Sub Compact
    Ruger LCP | Ruger 10/22 | Ruger SP101 357 Magnum

Ms has the Castle law also and with the recent rise in home invasions I wouldn't think it would be a good ideal to barge into someones house without identifying yourself first.

I know if you kick in my door without letting me know who you are you will get shot no questions asked, that simple. If you don't show me the warrant or tell me you have one you aren't coming in. and if you tell me you have one and you don't well then we'd be sorting that out in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Ms has the Castle law also and with the recent rise in home invasions I wouldn't think it would be a good ideal to barge into someones house without identifying yourself first.

I know if you kick in my door without letting me know who you are you will get shot no questions asked, that simple. If you don't show me the warrant or tell me you have one you aren't coming in. and if you tell me you have one and you don't well then we'd be sorting that out in court.
    Trouble is, the COURT would laugh at you trying to "sort it out"...
    The SUPREME COURT ruled in favor of Bail Enforcement Officers. Now, having said that, I would be inclined to agree with you if they barged in and had no warrant and YOU did nothing wrong, but that is NOT the case here...

Bail Enforcement Officers have different "powers". Period.

1) This idiot, BROKE the law once, and then BROKE the law again as a fugitive/bail jumper. We need to cease acting like the police are the problem here. HE is.

2) Look at some of the other vids of this woman, she is BATCHIT crazy, and a pure instigator on many of her vids. She was filming at what time in the morning again, and took how long to open the door?

On a side note, people can quote the "4th Amendment" all day long, and I've seen them do it here, and on Youtube, but they need to be fully aware of ALL the laws on the books, especially the one that points out the powers of the BEO looking for a fugitive....
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

I don't engage in any activity that would get a no know warrant ran on my house.
    I don't know anyone nor would I ever sign for anyone to be bailed out...
    I have no reason to believe that anyone attempting entry into my home is there do do anything but cause myself or my wife...or the dogs harm.
    If you come into my home without permission you will get shot. If it's daytime you might be challanged...but shooting will be on my mind...not baking you cookies.
    In the middle of the night, the challage will be the muzzle flash of a AR15 nothing more...nothing less.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I'm reminded of another post where the police knocked on the door in the middle of the night responding to a bogus 911 call. The resident didn't even have a landline in service. They trusted the 911 service and I'm glad they did.

However, in this case it should not be a surprise if the address given on the drivers license could be false or not current, yet is accepted without further investigation. Maybe if it were the mayor's address there would have been some followup before busting into the house. I'm not against the attempting to arrest the BG, just the heavy handed way they treated the resident.

As for shooting, that's bad advice. From other threads I'm confident the resident would have gone to jail no matter what confusion and illegalities had a police officer been assaulted, and given the force involved, more likely would have been put down on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post
    Trouble is, the COURT would laugh at you trying to "sort it out"...
    The SUPREME COURT ruled in favor of Bail Enforcement Officers. Now, having said that, I would be inclined to agree with you if they barged in and had no warrant and YOU did nothing wrong, but that is NOT the case here...

Bail Enforcement Officers have different "powers". Period.

1) This idiot, BROKE the law once, and then BROKE the law again as a fugitive/bail jumper. We need to cease acting like the police are the problem here. HE is.

2) Look at some of the other vids of this woman, she is BATCHIT crazy, and a pure instigator on many of her vids. She was filming at what time in the morning again, and took how long to open the door?

On a side note, people can quote the "4th Amendment" all day long, and I've seen them do it here, and on Youtube, but they need to be fully aware of ALL the laws on the books, especially the one that points out the powers of the BEO looking for a fugitive....
    Yeah, the problem is that a lot of folks, including many of those here, no matter how much they might know about gun laws, are not necessarily as educated about 4th Amendment issues. I've said this on a number of different posts on this forum, as well as others, but it always seems to get lost. People who are not agents of the government neither need, nor can they obtain, a search warrant. The 4th Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures by the government, not bail enforcement guys.

The bail enforcement guys can be charged with whatever statutes apply in the event that they force entry (or otherwise violate the law) in error. However, if they kick in a door and find the guy they are looking for, then more than likely there are completely in the clear legally. They do not need (because they cannot obtain) a search warrant.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links