Defensive Carry banner

US Sen. Patty Murray Threatened

1K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  StevePVB 
#1 ·
Senator Patty Murray of WA has been threatened by a nutcase. The FBI says the nutcase has a CCP.

Wash. man charged with threatening Sen. Murray - Yahoo! News

SEATTLE – A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform, leaving voicemail messages at her office saying she had a target on her back and "it only takes one piece of lead."

Federal agents arrested Charles Alan Wilson without incident in Yakima, Wash., on Tuesday.

Murray's office in Seattle reported the threats amid a rash of ugliness aimed at lawmakers who supported the sweeping federal health care legislation. Some lawmakers have been spit on and several have reported receiving threatening calls.

FBI spokesman Bill Carter said Wilson is believed to be the first person in the country arrested for such threats.

The messages to Murray were left on voicemail from a blocked telephone number, FBI Special Agent Carolyn W. Woodbury wrote in a probable cause statement. Agents said they traced the calls to Wilson's home in Selah, near Yakima.

Wilson has a .38-caliber revolver registered to him and has a concealed carry permit for it, Woodbury wrote.

#4 ·
This only gives the Antis something to use to bolster their argument.
:banned:

#5 ·
I wonder when the uber-left calls for scrapping the idea of an armed citizenry will begin?

As others have suggested, a few bad eggs will always stink up the place. Can't help that. But it's ludicrous to deny 300M people the ability to effectively defend themselves simply because of a few idiots like this. Find 'em, remove 'em, then get on with life, happy that the rest aren't being forcibly placed at greater risk by knuckling under to the squeals for disarming every upstanding citizen.

#7 ·
Well the good news is he was arrested and he will no longer have a permit or be able to legally own another gun in his life if he is convicted which most likely will happen.

Unstable people are everywhere. That will not change anytime soon.

#8 ·
Wilson needs to suffer the penalties of the broken law just like all the other dirtbags...:hand10::hand10::hand10:

#10 ·
Yeah he's a gun owner. But I wonder if he is on the left or right on this matter. Everyone seems to be mad about something that has passed recently or looking at being passed. I had heard that they were getting serious threats when they might not be able to pass the bill. Then when it passed they started reporting on the threats like they were something new. Everyone is mad. I just wonder which side this guy claims.

Regardless, they can throw the book at him if the allegations are true for all I care.

#20 ·
I'm agree with you, I still know regular citizens who are waiting for the FBI to protect them against their husbands with court ordered restraining orders that are not being enforced, why doesn't the FBI give a chit about them? Oh that's right, regular citizens don't matter. Oh I know this stretching it folks, it's the point I'm referring to here.

#15 ·
Calling from his own phone in this day?!?!?!?!

As Buggs would say; What a maroon!!!!!!!!

I can give you at least 3 ways to call that are untraceable to you; the guy is defiantly a sandwich short of a picnic.

In the movies they still show trying to keep a caller on the line for minutes to trace a call.......The millisecond you finish dialing they have you on a land line, a cell phone may take a couple milliseconds longer unless counter measures are taken.

#19 ·
:wink:

Other than actually killing them? I'd guess that most were probably a bit smarter about not telegraphing their sedition so baldly. But, very likely, there were statements made all the time about what should happen to those who overstepped their bounds.

#18 ·
Today a man has been charged with threatening US Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

AP sources: FBI arrests man for threatening Pelosi - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – The FBI arrested a northern California man Wednesday for allegedly making threatening phone calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over health care reform, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

Several federal officials said the man made dozens of calls to Pelosi's homes in California and Washington, as well as to her husband's business office. They said he recited her home address and said if she wanted to see it again, she would not support the health care overhaul bill that since has been enacted.

One official said the man is believed to have spoken directly with Pelosi at least once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.