Difference in returns on the computer

This is a discussion on Difference in returns on the computer within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I finally made a traffic stop on a CHL holder. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hl-holder.html My reason for discussing here is that our in car computers can run a ...

Thread: Difference in returns on the computer

VIP Member

I finally made a traffic stop on a CHL holder.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hl-holder.html

My reason for discussing here is that our in car computers can run a person by name/DOB/race/sex or by the DL number.
    If we run by DL number sometimes wanted persons do not indicate on the return and it will not tell if the person has a CHL.
    If we run by name/DOB/race/sex it does show the CHL and other info in more detail.
    Any of you other LEOs have this issue on your computer?
    Seems to me they should have the system show everything no matter which was the person is run.
    We also get wanted person info if their tag is entered in the system as suspect vehicle along with the person info, thats never a problem.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    If the wanted person's CHL number or TDL number is not part of the warrant information, there will be no "hit" when you run him by CHL or TDL. Simple as that. A computer only knows what you tell it. An officer/investigator filing a charge may know a person's name and DOB, but not be sure of his TDL or TID, so that may not be in the want/warrant information.

As for no cross-reference between the TDL and CHL, I cannot say.

Administrator
    Ours works this way;

I can run a plate and get the registered owners info, everything from the D/L, vehicle registration info, traffic/criminal history and CCW status. It will also let me know if anyone else has history attached to that vehicle with the option of also "running" that person.

If I run by D/L number, I just get the D/L info, traffic and in state criminal history. I will also get CCW status. I can also see DL photo or in county mugshots.

If I use the SOC, I get DL info, all history, CCW status etc. I also get the DL photo, with options to see any mugshots statewide.

If I go by Name, DOB it gives me everyone with that name and DOB. I then have the option to run by SOC or DL which person I think is my guy based on the list given. I can narrow it down my adding descriptors such as age, height, race, weight hair/eye color etc.

If there are any hits, it will show no matter the query method. Although, the SOC or DL are the most accurate.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... We can look up specific case status or history too by running a control which will give the specific case number. But that is only for in county cases.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Our local PD changed over when you call into dispatch to running all persons by name and date of birth last year for this reason, and then going to a DL # if you have it, when they do not get a return on the first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ours works this way;

I can run a plate and get the registered owners info, everything from the D/L, vehicle registration info, traffic/criminal history and CCW status. It will also let me know if anyone else has history attached to that vehicle with the option of also "running" that person.

If I run by D/L number, I just get the D/L info, traffic and in state criminal history. I will also get CCW status. I can also see DL photo or in county mugshots.

If I use the SOC, I get DL info, all history, CCW status etc. I also get the DL photo, with options to see any mugshots statewide.

If I go by Name, DOB it gives me everyone with that name and DOB. I then have the option to run by SOC or DL which person I think is my guy based on the list given. I can narrow it down my adding descriptors such as age, height, race, weight hair/eye color etc.

If there are any hits, it will show no matter the query method. Although, the SOC or DL are the most accurate.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... We can look up specific case status or history too by running a control which will give the specific case number. But that is only for in county cases.
    thats the way our system needs to be

when we run a tag, we get the tag info, reg owner, exp date, thats it
    If I run a tag from some other states I get all the personal info for the reg owner.....we get more info on out of state tags than we do our own
    we can run jackets on folks to see previous convictions, etc

we do have the ability to connect back to the PD mainframe and look up everything on cases

I wish we had the database that you and others have
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links