Video of shots fired at cop... WOW

This is a discussion on Video of shots fired at cop... WOW within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The first shot clicks on an empty cylinder and the cop ducks away as the second misses. Watch his reaction and watch till the end ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of shots fired at cop... WOW

Exclamation Video of shots fired at cop... WOW

The first shot clicks on an empty cylinder and the cop ducks away as the second misses. Watch his reaction and watch till the end because you'll detect the final outcome. Good guys win, BG dies.

Video : Hamilton officer cleared in fatal shooting during January traffic stop
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The officer said exactly what I'd have said if I were ever in the same position.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I'm glad this worked out best for the officer and I'm not going to arm chair this account but I will say I hope this video will let others learn from his mistakes.

The alcohol obviously clouded the driver's better judgement. The officer's training took over, that's what happens when you don't have time to think. Sorry the driver had to die, but he caused it to happen.

Distinguished Member
    Thank god that Officer Jessop is ok. Along with training and quick thinking he certainly had a guardian angel on his side that day.

The article is also a good read, with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sorry the driver had to die, but he caused it to happen.
    Yup.

Though, feeling sorry or badly would require believing things would be better had the criminal survived what he set in motion. He earned his outcome via his attempt to erase an innocent life. He'll never be able to attempt that again ... and that's all to the good.

Condolences to the officer and his family, who need to deal with the outcome of being involved in the killing of a person.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The article is also a good read, with more details.
    In case people miss the link and yes, it was a good read.

Hamilton officer cleared in fatal shooting during January traffic stop

VIP Member
    "Well I'm tellin' you, son, it ain't no fun, starin' straight down a forty.....one."

Not to make light of this, but that has to be about as high a pucker factor as it gets. Yes, there were some tactical errors evident in hindsight. More importantly, good guy lived, bad guy died, and good guy was cleared of any misconduct. That's about as good as these things can end...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Alcohol and bad judgement created a big problem, lead cleared the dirtbag's thinking...permanently! Glad the officer was OK.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good job on the officer's part. Looks like every shot met it's target.

What's with the AG asking him about approaching the vehicle after it crashed? He's a COP he has to make sure the threat is neutralized. Looks like the AG was trying to install some doubt.
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Lotta shots, but he appeared to actually be aiming. No spray and pray, there. Only one shot hit the driver, DRT. Kudos.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I have tremendous respect for LEOs as it is, however, my respect for the job they do just skyrocketed! He was lucky and obviously well trained at the same time! Bye, Bye, bad guy!!!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

and this ladies and gentlemen, so why you keep your hands up on the steering wheel when an leo approaches your car. routine traffics stops can be very dangerous, and they know it.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Several of you have mentioned mistakes and errors on the officer's part without being specific. I think he did a good job but, for instructional purposes, what do you think his mistakes were? Since he stated that he was on heightened alert when he confronted the driver, I wonder why the first thing he didn't ask was for the driver to keep his hands in sight? He wasn't expecting to have a gun barrel stuck in his face so his reaction to it appeared slow, as though he was surprised. I couldn't tell from the video but, had there been a live round under the hammer, would he have been hit? Once he reacted, though, he moved out of the line of fire (I won't call where he was standing behind the vehicle cover) and returned accurate fire. A little bit of luck on top of training never hurts. For some traffics stops I have been involved in where two officers are riding together, one will address the driver while the other, depending on their read of the situation, will get out of the squad car and cover the stopped vehicle from the passenger side. I don't think that tactic would have helped in this situation or even changed the outcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links