McCain came to the plant today for a Town Hall

This is a discussion on McCain came to the plant today for a Town Hall within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work for a defense contractor in AZ, and this morning when I walked in there was a huge banner w/ Welcome Senator McCain. Got ...

Thread: McCain came to the plant today for a Town Hall

McCain came to the plant today for a Town Hall

I work for a defense contractor in AZ, and this morning when I walked in there was a huge banner w/ Welcome Senator McCain. Got an email later that said hed be here for a town hall meeting. He spoke for about hr. He gave a 5-10 minute intro, then fielded questions for the remainder.
    Immigration came up as a heavy topic. Govt spending, dont ask-dont tell, education and more immigration were some of the other topics. After 20+ yrs in Washington, hes pretty polished.
    He seems to be taking a heavier stance on immigration than I remember him having in the past. It would be hard not to know the climate in AZ.
    From the way he talked, Id be surprised if Washington can do anything in the near term (under 2 yrs) to secure the border. I wasnt holding my breath.

Interesting to be at a town hall meeting. Folks were more reserved on company property than they probably would have been. Their bosses were standing in the same room. Only company employees allowed because its a secure site.
    Im planning on supporting his opponent in the primary, but it was still nice to see him in that close of a venue. Sure it would have been more exciting if hed brought Palin w/ him.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

2. Remove Ads

He is taking a heavier stance because it is an election year. He is a flip flop sellout and he lost my vote this year.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    He seems to be taking a heavier stance on immigration than I remember him having in the past.

From the way he talked, Id be surprised if Washington can do anything in the near term (under 2 yrs) to secure the border.
    The only stance he ever took on immigration was 'amnesty' for illegals. He and Lindsey 'Weasal' Graham have both been major proponents of 'amnesty for illegals' and 'Cap and Tax (Trade)'. I respect McCain for his time in Service and Graham's time in the reserves but both are moderate/progressive Republicans and in my opinion, we've no need for them in the Republican Party. We'd be better off firing both of them. The only reason he's being more hawkish on illegals now is because J.D. Hayworth is running against him for his Senate seat.

As for the border, Washington could do something in two months time if it wanted. The problem is Washington has not wanted to do anything serious about securing the border in two decades. They're always talking about immigration reform but all they need to do is enforce the existing immigration laws that were legislated 25 years ago. And we all know neither obama nor the dems want to do anything about securing the border.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Every time McCain say's "We must secure the borders" He ALWAYS says "First" at the end. "We must secure the borders first!"

I take that to mean, immediately after someone has declared the borders to be secured, his immediate position is going to be "go for amnesty."
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Please keep the conversation/comments centered around - Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security otherwise this thread is a violation of Rule #9 on the forum rules page AKA No General Politics threads allowed.

Rule #9
    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions.
    We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Links