On a more SERIOUS NOTE....Another attack by the end of this year? - Page 2

On a more SERIOUS NOTE....Another attack by the end of this year?

This is a discussion on On a more SERIOUS NOTE....Another attack by the end of this year? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by .45acp ...And what of something really simple? Maybe a gas powered saw, rented and cutting out small sections of track on rail ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On a more SERIOUS NOTE....Another attack by the end of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp
    ...And what of something really simple? Maybe a gas powered saw, rented and cutting out small sections of track on rail lines. This would cause passanger fatalitie and who knows what else with some of the chemicals carried over our rail system...
    This has already been done, more than once. We didn't call it terrorism, then. On at least two occasions that I can think of, the incidents involved passenger trains - one in Florida, and one in the desert southwest - deliberately derailed. In other cases, the problem has been detected before a wreck could happen, as on the CSX lines where the automated block detection and switch controls were cut.

There have been a lot of incidents that the media has never heard about, and some they haven't bothered to report. Of course, it is going to happen again. It has been happening for years. We didn't call it terrorism, back then. We called the perps disturbed or sick.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    You mean like after the Oklahoma BOMBING and Clinton used it to call for a ban on GUNS instead of fertilizer?
    And don't forget the way they used OKC to demonize "Evil Right Wing Talk Radio", as well.

Most of the posts on this thread are talking about reacting to an attack...I'm more interested in preventing another attack. Good intel is the only way I can think of to get ahead of the plotters, and although MarkM raises a justifiable concern about putting too much power in our politicians hands, we must be able to track down and investigate leads as they appear.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    I am thinking that the terrorists will wait out Bush...hoping for a new POTUS with less steadfast conviction than G.W.B.

Maybe sometime after the next Presidential we will get hit.

They sure have not given up on wanting Americans dead.

I'm not sure though...I have a hard time getting into the mindset of a terrorist. They have done totally irrational & stupid things many times before that have only hurt their cause.

True that the BG's want to inflict the greatedt harm for the least cost on the US. I tend to think that it will come after Bush is gone to test the next POTUS. I hope that we can stand firm and retialiate in kind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links