Defensive Carry banner

Police Chief Pulls Gun On Fire Chief, Retires

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  64zebra 
#1 ·
Police Chief Pulls Gun On Fire Chief, Retires - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville
Police Chief Pulls Gun On Fire Chief, Retires
Billy Weeks Says Pointing Gun At Fire Chief A Joke
POSTED: 2:41 pm CDT June 4, 2010
UPDATED: 4:49 pm CDT June 4, 2010

LEBANON, Tenn. -- The interim police chief in Lebanon has decided to take early retirement after he pulled a gun on the fire chief.
Billy Weeks, who is also Lebanon's public safety commissioner, said he was horsing around when he pointed his gun at Fire Chief Chris Dowell at an event last weekend.
Weeks has worked in Lebanon and Wilson County law enforcement for more than 30 years. He was recently assigned the duties of Lebanon police chief, in addition to his county job, after a shake-up as a result of an officer-involved shooting.

#2 ·
Billy Weeks, who is also Lebanon's public safety commissioner, said he was horsing around when he pointed his gun at Fire Chief Chris Dowell at an event last weekend.
Riiiiiiiiight, horsing around, that kind of stupidity has gotten too many people killed.

#4 ·
Riiiiiiiiight, horsing around, that kind of stupidity has gotten too many people killed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly!

What a tool.

#5 ·
Pointing a gun at anyone is not a joke! Time for him to retire! He's lucky he's not arrested pending a court hearing!

#6 ·
He was working up to his, "Hey, watch this!"

#7 ·
I take it the requirements for Police Chief aren't too high there.

#8 ·
This is why only police should have guns....:rolleyes:

#9 ·
Can you smell 'cover up'?:image035:

What would happen to anyone else who did that?:rolleyes:

#11 ·
They probably went to the same high school...

#12 ·
I have seen some booger-eaters at my PD pull guns on each other, in the 1980's, as a means of "horsin' around," but these days that behavior would likely result in termination of employment. Charges being filed would be up to the wronged person, not the PD. The state is not the complainant in cases of Deadly Conduct and Agg Assault.

#13 ·
"But only Police should have guns because they receive EXTENSIVE training in the use and safety of guns!"

Betting the antis wont touch this with a 10 foot pole might just destroy their "credibility" within their own little community....

#15 ·
what a tool

I'm betting the Fire Chief is doing a REAL big favor for this guy by not filing charges, especially since the guy retired

what a disgrace to all of us in the profession

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.