cop asked to leave coffee shop... - Page 3

cop asked to leave coffee shop...

This is a discussion on cop asked to leave coffee shop... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a link to their site......... Red and Black Cafe Portland, OR...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Here's a link to their site.........

Red and Black Cafe Portland, OR
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Communists

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Here's a link to their site.........

Red and Black Cafe Portland, OR
    No wonder, they are freaky Communists. They call it a collective! Oxygen thieves!

is it wrong to hear a voice in one's head hoping that this coffee shop gets rob and the whole PD knows that they are not welcome in this place? wouldn't that be poetic justice?
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    While the officer and customer were chatting, he walked up and asked Crooker to leave, saying he felt uncomfortable having a uniformed officer in the vegan cafe.
    ie. He was nervous cause his dealer was in the back weighing out his bag.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Why does a coffee shop have a blog...

Very disrespectful what the co-owner did.

If you’re a musician, artist, or group looking to do a lecture or film screening at the cafe, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at the e-mail address above and let’s talk about it!
    I think we could figure out a lecture for them, whadda ya say?

Just emailed them:
    Hi,

Mr. Langley was very disrespectful to Officer Crooker. I sincerely hope that the Red and Black Cafe never needs Police assistance for anything, as what the co-owner did spoke volumes of who is 'accepted' into the Red and Black Cafe.

I can assure you that if I am ever in Portland, I will be sure to avoid the Red and Black Cafe. I will also be sure to tell friends and family to avoid this cafe if ever traveling to/through Portland.

May your decision to kick-out Officer Crooker eventually lead to the Red and Black Cafe's demise.

Sincerely,
    xxxxx

So...I'm assuming this shop is in Crooker's sector. If he now responds to a call that takes him INSIDE this shop...is he trespassing?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    is it wrong to hear a voice in one's head hoping that this coffee shop gets rob and the whole PD knows that they are not welcome in this place? wouldn't that be poetic justice?
    I would not wish anything bad to happen to anyone. We should use this to set an example and be more tolerant of others who have different beliefs than ours. While I wouldn't personally frequent the establishment I wouldn't want anything bad happen to them either. They have just as much right to exist as we do. Those that are threatening violence or other activities really aren't helping but put more tension between the groups.

Now that this establishment has knowing rejected police publically I would hazard to guess that the bad guys will also see this article and most likely pay them a visit. Odds are there will not be any police around!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    It's a dang shame for this one individual (the owner) to be such a putz towards this officer. One of the citizens was talking with the officer so it's not all of them as some would say, this was the work of one individual so far.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I find it interesting that the Co-owner didn't ask the Officer to leave until after he had made a purchase.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    While the officer and customer were chatting, he walked up and asked Crooker to leave, saying he felt uncomfortable having a uniformed officer in the vegan cafe.
    I am too lazy to look it up, but was this the same area that 4 cops were killed in a coffee shop not long ago?
    If it is, the knuckle head owner/manager might think those type of shooting/murders are random occurrences.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    When a local business announced that off-duty officers could not carry there, our chief announced that when their security detail detained someone, or they had other non-emergency problems, we would not respond; they could call the sheriff. (We would still respond to emergency calls.) As the sheriff's deputies are few, and far away, in this county composed mostly of cities with their own PDs, the business's no-guns policy caved in, as they had plenty of problems with thugs.

As for the vegan coffee shop, I doubt much can be done, except to exclude them from proactive patrolling, and if they are among other businesses, well, that selectivity is not practical. Of course, anywhere I am not welcome, I am not about to order anything consumable, lest I be served some secret sauce.

Actually, I would still proactively patrol, because that is one way I can be a better man/person than them, and because I swore an oath.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    I am too lazy to look it up, but was this the same area that 4 cops were killed in a coffee shop not long ago?
    If it is, the knuckle head owner/manager might think those type of shooting/murders are random occurrences.
    That was Lakewood Washington, still close enough that they must have heard of the incident.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Horribly disrespectful. I'm extremely impressed with the attitude of the LEO there...talk about being a bigger man. He might well embody some of the best virtues of our LEOs!

GM
    That something like that should happen is unbelievable, and to make it even worse I am not sure that this is only about being a sheep; the article clearly states The coffee shop attracts homeless individuals and activists, the newspaper reported, and Wheat said it is known to be "not friendly" to officers who work the area. Most officers would know that this is not a coffee shop that's friendly to police," she said. "It's obviously discrimination to police. He works that area and he can't go in for a cup of coffee -- it's not fair.".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links