cop asked to leave coffee shop...

This is a discussion on cop asked to leave coffee shop... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; another example of finding out what businesses are owned by conservatives and what businesses are owned by commies and how to spend your hard earned ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cop asked to leave coffee shop...

another example of finding out what businesses are owned by conservatives and what businesses are owned by commies and how to spend your hard earned money wisely with people who share your belief system.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

2. Remove Ads

"Welcome all to the Red and Black Cafe! And although you can't eat meat here, you can however stab, carve or just plain shoot up all you want at your leisure. Please Enjoy!" That's the ad I see.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Administrator
    Here in my area LEOs are very well treated and respected they get free coffee in most places that serve coffee BECAUSE managment actually likes having them stop in....in uniform and armed.
    THAT is what is known as being a rational, logical, properly thinking human being with common sense.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Here in my area LEOs are very well treated and respected they get free coffee in most places that serve coffee BECAUSE managment actually likes having them stop in....in uniform and armed.
    THAT is what is known as being a rational, logical, properly thinking human being with common sense.
    Amen to that. All the places should be like that.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The true professional offers up money to pay every time, even though it may not be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post
    911:911 What is your emergency?
    Red & Black Cafe: There is a man shooting a gun at the Red & Black Cafe and need help right away.
    911: Please Hold (music)
    911---- What is you emergency.

Red & Black Cafe-- We are being robbed

911-- Sorry we can't respond as we aren't allowed in there.
    Have a nice day.

PS Website http://redandblackcafe.com/

http://www.myspace.com/redandblackcafe

http://www.tryveganpdx.com/restaurants/red-and-black/

If the people who frequent this joint read how the manager feels about the cops who protects them maybe they will find another place to get their coffee and the cafe will go out of business hopefully.

VIP Member
    The coffee shop attracts homeless individuals and activists, the newspaper reported, and Wheat said it is known to be "not friendly" to officers who work the area.
    Maybe they are afraid the police intimidate some of their illustrious clientele.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I hope this link works, it's a news video clip including an interview with the "owner" who asked the leo to leave.

Mediacenter - KOINLocal6.com
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Nice when that coffee shop is being held up & the owner is being pistol wipped before being shot for the cash in his register, that owner will hope that a armed cop was in his shop having his morning cup of coffee, " DON'T YOU THINK ' ?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I don't understand why they would want an officer of the law to leave their establishment... paranoia?

Here officer I'll buy you a venti coffee at Starbucks. They are LEO and gun friendly
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    The Red and Black cafe and it's clientel (for the most part) represent those who we are 'up aginst'.

Hope this business 'goes under', quickly!

I've often described some of the 'mind-set' I discovered on the left-coast as "left-wing, hippie-larve, coffee culture". This is another example of why.
    There is a big difference between "activists" , even in the 60's , and hippies.

But, I agree with your point.... about the west coast.

VIP Member
    In light of all of what has happened, The mayor of Portland needs to take immediate action to protect the café owners.
    I propose the following:
    The health department needs to make an un-announced inspection to insure that EVERY cooking and preparation area meets city health standards. This may include replacing all equipment and surfaces such as walls and counters that are not easily cleanable, changing lighting to meet standards for food preparation areas and other items that might be determined to be unsanitary all of this is quite necessary to protect the customers.

The building inspector needs to pay a visit to insure that the establishment is fully up to code. An inspection starting at the Front door needs to be made to insure an accessible path to all public areas, especially restrooms. This is after all Federal law (ADA). This may mean some remodeling but it is the cities duty to protect the café and its customers. Egress violations are never grandfathered so minor things like changing the width of the front and back door may need to be made in order to comply with the city code.
    The fire marshal needs to check that the fire alarm system is working properly, all exit signs are clearly marked, fire extinguishers are charged, tagged and dated. The kitchen exhaust hood must be checked to insure that it is properly fire suppressed. For the good of the community a Zoning official needs to do an audit to insure that there is a proper ratio of off street parking and that all signs, awnings and such meet city Zoning requirements. Finally, the City Clerk needs to make sure that the establishment has paid all taxes and that their business license is up to date. It is just a a stroke of luck that the police officer was there and was able to bring this to the attention of the city so that the café owners and their customers can all be safe.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    In light of all of what has happened, The mayor of Portland needs to take immediate action to protect the café owners.
    I propose the following:
    The health department needs to make an un-announced inspection to insure that EVERY cooking and preparation area meets city health standards. This may include replacing all equipment and surfaces such as walls and counters that are not easily cleanable, changing lighting to meet standards for food preparation areas and other items that might be determined to be unsanitary all of this is quite necessary to protect the customers.

The building inspector needs to pay a visit to insure that the establishment is fully up to code. An inspection starting at the Front door needs to be made to insure an accessible path to all public areas, especially restrooms. This is after all Federal law (ADA). This may mean some remodeling but it is the cities duty to protect the café and its customers. Egress violations are never grandfathered so minor things like changing the width of the front and back door may need to be made in order to comply with the city code.
    The fire marshal needs to check that the fire alarm system is working properly, all exit signs are clearly marked, fire extinguishers are charged, tagged and dated. The kitchen exhaust hood must be checked to insure that it is properly fire suppressed. For the good of the community a Zoning official needs to do an audit to insure that there is a proper ratio of off street parking and that all signs, awnings and such meet city Zoning requirements. Finally, the City Clerk needs to make sure that the establishment has paid all taxes and that their business license is up to date. It is just a a stroke of luck that the police officer was there and was able to bring this to the attention of the city so that the café owners and their customers can all be safe.

I like your line of thought, ticking off the fire/building inspector could shut the doors.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I like your line of thought, ticking off the fire/building inspector could shut the doors.
    Yep, that's the general idea. There is more than one way to skin a cat (not yours). Sorry coffee guys, you just can't fight city hall. All that's needed is someone from Portland to make a few phone calls.
    I'm like the officer (sort of) I don't get mad, I get even.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links