cop asked to leave coffee shop... - Page 6

cop asked to leave coffee shop...

This is a discussion on cop asked to leave coffee shop... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe someone from Portland on this board should call the Heath Department and report cockroaches and maybe signs of rodents. In TX, that mandates a ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Maybe someone from Portland on this board should call the Heath Department and report cockroaches and maybe signs of rodents.

In TX, that mandates a visit from the Health Department...
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Disrespectful and disgraceful
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    ..... i've never met a vegan who made any sense.......
    The Simpsons had an episode where Lisa fell in love with this new age kid. He said "I'm a level 5 vegan, I don't eat anything that casts a shadow."

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I just read somewhere that red and black are the colors of the anarchist movement. So, I can see the Red & Black Cafe not being comfortable with anything representing the government or the "establishment."

While we may disagree with the statement this man is making we should not call for any kind of retribution from the government. Like it or not he has a right to make unpopular statements. Do we really want the government to take action against political speech? That is what they would be doing if they chose to be slow to respond to calls or started looking for ways to ticket the person.

As individuals we can withhold our business from them. We can protest his actions. We can call for boycotts. These are legitimate forms of protest. The government should never take a side in it though. Do you think it would be ok for police to have a policy of slow response to calls from gun owners? Would you think it was ok for the police be overly aggressive in giving out traffic citations to gun owners?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    While we may disagree with the statement this man is making we should not call for any kind of retribution from the government. Like it or not he has a right to make unpopular statements. Do we really want the government to take action against political speech? That is what they would be doing if they chose to be slow to respond to calls or started looking for ways to ticket the person.

As individuals we can withhold our business from them. We can protest his actions. We can call for boycotts. These are legitimate forms of protest. The government should never take a side in it though.

Michael
    As distasteful as this creeps conduct was you have a valid point. One that this officer seemed to understand and agree with. I suspect that this disrespect and rudeness will not prevent him from doing his best if called to this establishment. Something that makes him an exemplary officer. Another reason I don't think I could do his job. As ethical as I like to think I am I do not think I would be willing to put myself in harms ways for anyone that treated me in such a rude insulting matter.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

....and why would a cop even bother to go into this cesspool unless it was to make an arrest?

Red and Black Cafe Portland, OR

To each his own, but.... This place is a pathetic freakshow haven for pseudo intellectual charlatans, bandwagon followers, progressive pinkos, nonconforming conformists, brainwashed posers, social rejects, wannabe revolutionaries, mentally neutured flag burning whiners, and misinformed Che Guevara t-shirt wearing losers.

Oops! I guess I just broke their "Safer Space Policy"
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

I believe it is disgraceful, as well. Knee-jerks can appear anywhere, anytime, and they'll have as unjustifiable a reason as you might imagine. Nicely, it's not indicative of Oregon shops or people in general.

One thing that has been bad, in recent years, has been the relationship between the Portland police department and the non-majority groups of people. Tensions are high due to scores of instances of brutality, people dying while in custody and similar. Not too long ago, the chief of police was sacked because of it.

That said, in this instance I don't think it has anything to do with the gun, as such. I'm pretty sure the gun was the useful excuse but that it has everything to do with the politics and the "boycotting" that's going on, recently.

I doubt the place will see even a blip in the revenues, due to backlash. I've never even heard of the place. They'll continue to have their customers, and the owners will continue to have their opinions about the local police as a group, at least until relations improve.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would guess there is a lot more "red" than black in that place. And probably plenty of "tolerance" except for anything/anyone you don't like.
    "DON'T JUDGE ME, MAN," cried the hippie.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    This place is a pathetic freakshow haven for pseudo intellectual charlatans, bandwagon followers, progressive pinkos, nonconforming conformists, brainwashed posers, social rejects, wannabe revolutionaries, mentally neutured flag burning whiners, and misinformed Che Guevara t-shirt wearing losers.
    I'm asking...pleading...begging...may I please quote you as a signature line? That may be the best single sentence I've read in a long time, even out of context!
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I'm asking...pleading...begging...may I please quote you as a signature line? That may be the best single sentence I've read in a long time, even out of context!
    It's all yours, but if you ever use it as the opening sentence for your best selling novel, you owe me a nice frothy organic fair trade soy latte from an ethical, non-hierarchal business.

In solidarity,

R
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr View Post
    Maybe someone from Portland on this board should call the Heath Department and report cockroaches and maybe signs of rodents. ...
    I bet if that happened that they wouldn't find any rodents or cockroaches....more likely they'd find a bag of weed next to "mushroom" muffin batter. They don't want cops in there because huge pupils and pot breath won't keep them open long.

Edit: HA! I just notice this is my post #420...ironic, huh?

I'm far from outraged, but if I lived in the area, I would never go to that shop. The co-owner has a right to his opinion, and I have the same on my property.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    It's a private business. The owner has the right to refuse service to anyone. No different than a business refusing service to a citizen that is CC or OC...Yes it is disgraceful...
    Plenty of other Cafe's and coffee shops around. No heartburn felt in not being wanted there.
    +1
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

VIP Member
    This tool is a leader of a business of tools and the cops are better off not being there and spending their hard earned money someplace else.

As much as I think this tool is an idiot, he has the right to ask anyone to leave or prevent from coming in their business. I would completely oblige him and spread the word so that none of my associates would set foot in the place.
    Its not violating anyone's civil rights to prevent someone from coming in based on their occupation. Civil rights is a completely different thing.

We get free drinks from 2 local convenience store chains 24/7, no limits on visits. Fountain soft drinks, coffee, tea, and icees. No need to offer to pay, its gladly advertised to us by the owners (one company is owned by the mayor's husband).
    They support us and we support them.
    I don't visit the other chain here as they are less than cooperative with us on calls and have attitudes with us at times. Funny.....I have more calls at those stores than the ones that give us free drinks and are friendly to us...hmmmm.

It doesn't mean we don't respond to calls at the other stores, we took an oath and will stick to it. Like I said, we respond to more calls at those other stores.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links