cop asked to leave coffee shop...

This is a discussion on cop asked to leave coffee shop... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; because he had a gun.. FOXNews.com - Oregon Police Officer Asked to Leave Vegan Coffee Shop what is the matter with these people.. i've never ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cop asked to leave coffee shop...

cop asked to leave coffee shop...

because he had a gun..

FOXNews.com - Oregon Police Officer Asked to Leave Vegan Coffee Shop

what is the matter with these people.. i've never met a vegan who made any sense.. i wonder how they'd feel if the place was robbed..

what a disgrace to America.

2. Remove Ads

"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."

By Dave Grossman (excerpted)

Distinguished Member
    That is disgraceful.

911:911 What is your emergency?
    Red & Black Cafe: There is a man shooting a gun at the Red & Black Cafe and need help right away.
    911: Please Hold (music)
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

007BondJames, my thoughts exactly.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

The coffee shop attracts homeless individuals and activists
    well that explains it right there
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    because he had a gun..
    No it was because he is a Police Officer. According to Officer Crooker, the lady Cornelia Seigneur he was talking to and the gay vegan anarchist owner.

Red & Black cafe shows Portland officer the door, won't sell him coffee again
    Red & Black cafe shows Portland officer the door, won't sell him coffee again
    By Lynne Terry, The Oregonian
    June 03, 2010, 3:41PM

In mid-May, Portland police Officer James Crooker went to Southeast Portland on a patrol call. With a few minutes to spare, he decided to get a coffee.
    So, he popped into the Red & Black cafe on Southeast 12th Avenue near Oak Street, bought a coffee and was heading out when a customer approached him, saying she appreciates the hard job that police officers do every day in Portland.
    One of the co-owners of the cafe, John Langley, has another point of view. While the officer and customer were chatting, he walked up and asked Crooker to leave, saying he felt uncomfortable having a uniformed officer in the vegan cafe.
    The incident, which was brief, speaks volumes about the tensions between Portland police and some members of the community who are more worried about police shootings than protection.
    Crooker said he was surprised to be shown the door but left immediately. He said this marked a first during his nine-year in law enforcement, two in Portland and seven in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
    "The places that I've been kicked out of before have been places like the methadone clinic," he said. "I've never been kicked out of a regular cafe."
    But the 36-year-old officer, who was born and raised in Portland, said it's all part of working this city's streets in a uniform.
    "We have a unique relationship with the community," he said. "You're there to protect them but on the other hand they don't know what that involves. Being gracious is part of it."
    A former Marine who served in Iraq, Crooker didn't take the incident to heart.
    "It was not personal," he said. "He was being hostile to my uniform," he said.
    Langley, who did not raise his voice during the encounter, agreed.
    "It's not about the police," Langley said. "It's about what the police represent to many people who frequent the cafe.
    The cafe draws vegans -- of course -- along with homeless people and animal-rights and environmental activists who Langley said have been targets of police abuse and harassment.
    But the cafe also draws customers like Cornelia Seigneur, who blogged about the incident on her website.
    Seigneur, a freelancer for The Oregonian who was enjoying lunch with her daughter on May 18 when Crooker came in, was the one who approached him.
    "There have been some unfortunate situations recently," Seigneur said. "But overall the police are out there day in and day out protecting us."
    She said she struck up a conversation with Crooker to show her support for police, who she said saved the life of a friend after he was shot by gang members.
    When Langley asked Crooker to leave, she was startled.
    "It was shocking," Seigneur said. "Everyone deserves to have a coffee, and he was served a coffee. It was humiliating."
    She said there were only about three other people in the cafe and that no else seemed to notice the officer.
    But the incident has fired a reaction, with dozens of comments pouring into Seigneur's website.
    It's been so overwhelming that she took the blog post down but put it back up Thursday afternoon.
    The cafe, too, has received a deluge of calls, with about half supporting the cafe and the rest expressing anger.
    "We've received threats," Langley said. "People have threatened to attack us and break our windows."
    Still, he has no regrets.
    "I never expected a police officer to come into the space," he said. "If it happened again, I wouldn't serve him."
    Langley can be contacted at
    redandblackcafe.com
    400 Southeast 12th Avenue
    Portland, OR 97214
    (503) 231-3899

I have nothing more I can say within the bounds of forum rules. This is just so wrong in so many ways I can not even begin....
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    This is SO UNBELIEVABLE! With it being so public knowledge now that the police aren't anywhere near this place - it'll be a prime target for robbery.

I hope THAT gets posted when it happens with a reminder of this story with it.
    For God, Family and Country!

It's a private business. The owner has the right to refuse service to anyone. No different than a business refusing service to a citizen that is CC or OC.

Yes it is disgraceful, IMO the owner is an idiot, and should not expect any response/assistance from LEO, or any other uniformed public servant in the future. He does not want LEOs in his establishment, then fine. 911 can place him on the "Block Call" list.

Heck, I'd insist that the owner file an official blanketing restraining order against all city, county, and state police and sheriffs to insure that when something does happen, he has no recourse against the LEOs for not responding.

Plenty of other Cafe's and coffee shops around. No heartburn felt in not being wanted there.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    This is SO UNBELIEVABLE! With it being so public knowledge now that the police aren't anywhere near this place - it'll be a prime target for robbery.
    You know it is wrong but it is hard not to hope for ... well poetic justice

Isn't the correct anarchist response to a capitalist shop owners request to leave supposed to be "Eat my shorts" or some such phrase?

Maybe this is a good place for Open Carry meetings. Whats he gonna do call a cop?

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    If they don't want us there......we won't want to come back, but we will because it's our job. Even for those who don't want us around.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

My take on this would be "free coffee, free security", we have a chain of convienience stores here that provide free coffe to police. There's always police there, they rarely have robberies reported, on the news anyway.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    If they don't want us there......we won't want to come back, but we will because it's our job. Even for those who don't want us around.
    One of the reasons I could never be a LEO is after seeing a abused, molested or murdered child I can not imagine being capable of bringing the perpetrator to the station without a fatal accident en route. The other is stuff like this. In all honesty if I was a PDP and got a call for this jerk I'd get lost and never make it there, even if I was next door. I really respect and admire the level of integrity many of our LEO have.

Administrator
    If I was a Portland LEO I sure would NEVER buy a coffee from that place.
    Because you know that some pathetic cop hater working in there will always try and slip "The Special Sauce" (saliva) into that cup of coffee.

I'd argue that it's more disrespectful than it is a disgrace. It's also discriminatory, tho obviously not where the usual definition of the word lies....

Were I to own such a business, I'd offer one free beverage and dessert each day to LEO - as well as all First Responders and AD or Retired Military - for the sacrifices they make, as well as crap like this that they have to put up with.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links