U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans

This is a discussion on U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MattInFla IMHO, it's time to get serious. Dust off / clean up a couple of Vietnam era interdiction aircraft - the EC-47 ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    IMHO, it's time to get serious.

Dust off / clean up a couple of Vietnam era interdiction aircraft - the EC-47 "Gabby" and the AC-47 "Spooky". (AC-130s would cost more to operate, and they are a bit of overkill)

The mission profile is very similar to the one from SE Asia. Upon detection of a group of individuals moving across the border at night, Gabby orbits the target and plays a message over the speakers, something to the effect of "You are in the border interdiction are unlawfully. Lie down on the ground with your hands on your head immediately" in English and Spanish. Pop an illumination flare or two.

Meanwhile, Spooky is orbiting a thousand feet above and about 1/4 turn behind Gabby.

If the targets comply, great. A BP unit comes in to cuff and stuff.

If not, the Spooky cuts loose with a warning burst. Still no compliance? Fire for effect.

You'd only have to do it a couple times before the message sank in - the Gringos aren't playing anymore.

We're practically at war along our southern border - it's time to act like it.
    That would be too offensive to ethnic groups, we could never do that.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The nice thing about a 24,000 round per minute rate of fire - nobody has time to get too offended.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I see, our new policy is to run and hide instead of confront and defend, "Change you can believe in..."
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

This just makes my blood boil. It astounds me how people can get so offended when people like us discuss ways to protect our border. They act like we're doing something wrong to the people who are ILLEGALLY entering our country. Is every illegal a drug smuggler or cartel henchman? No. But they are all still illegal.

It's time we say screw the people who weep for the illegals and take control of our border. Yes there are people who get into this country seeking a better life, but they need to do it the right way. Reform the process if need be, but this has got to stop. Parts of our nation are being shut down to OUR PEOPLE because of foreign nationals. That's called an invasion if you ask me.

in·va·sion
       /ɪnˈveɪʒən/ Show Spelled[in-vey-zhuhn]
    –noun
    an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, esp. by an army.
    the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
    entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
    infringement by intrusion.

Entering as an enemy? I'd say so. Look how many Americans have died as a result of these invasions. Harmful? Again, yes. Overrun or taken possession of. Well I'll be... Sounds about right.

Close the border, arm the Border Patrol and authorize them to arrest and send back illegal immigrants and just take out anyone involved in drug smuggling. Fix the process by which people legally immigrate if necessary, but we've got to stop putting up with the crap. Who cares if the Mexican president thinks we're being mean by closing the border. We're protecting ourselves, that comes first.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Gov. Perry panders to Mexico. He won't do a thing except maybe try to reopen that trans mexico corridor

I'm afraid your right but you ought to see the guy running against him (Bill White). Mr. Bill would insist that all Texas residents learn to speak Spanish and take in atleast one illegal family in to home and feed and cloth them.

Make it a free fire zone and I'll go.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    absolutely freakin ridiculous

well since its blocked off for citizen access.......

I'd like to volunteer to go in there and assist in getting rid of the INVADERS of our country who are ransacking the countryside, killing folks, shooting Arizona LEOs, etc.
    I have 5500 rounds for my AK and plenty for handgun.
    Where can we sign up?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Time to quit messing around and call in the military to stop an "armed" invasion. I think an AWACS and a few A-10s would do nicely.

Let's see if our beloved president defends our country against something besides BP oil spills.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This is completely ridiculous. Mexican cartels have declared war on us and we are standing there with our eyes closed imagining it isn't true!!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    I am stunned. How have we as a country become so impotent?
    That's what happens when the majority elect Obama for President. It seems we don't have as much teeth anymore like we used to. We need to to elect officials with more balls to stand up for our freedom and sovereignty this coming election in November

They should make it like the DMZ zone. Anyone decide to cross then they get shot. Its a perfect opportunity for snipers to get some hands on training.

I was planning a trip, no joke, to SE part of Arizona along the border with Mexico, go to Tombstone and 4X4 off road to see some of the old western and famous ghost towns down there. Most are within 10-40 miles of the border.

Sounds like I may need to take a few extras, like an AR and lots of ammo.

Anyone want to go camping ?? Which is what I was planning to do.

Hummm.. .. sounds like I might need to buy and take some night vision along with me too.

We should just stick our heads in a hole and ignore this one. What's next? The Manitobans invading North Dakota?
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    We should just stick our heads in a hole and ignore this one. What's next? The Manitobans invading North Dakota?
    I hope you are joking. My ex's cousin lived down there as well as my aunt. Both moved away from there about 12 yrs ago because of how violent, etc. it was getting then. What do you think it is like now, 12 yrs later ?

Two more border residents were found killed down there as well.

They can only patrol the hot spots, and to the point their resources allow, and "post" those areas they can't and just warn people to beware. They are losing control of more than just the border down there. Phoenix is now the 2nd highest kidnapping capital in the world, only behind Bogata , Columbia.. which is notorious for it, and 99%+ are done by illegal aliens.

I know a DEA agent in Phoenix, and he's told me it's all out war and he hopes he just lives long enough to get a desk job.

I vote for spooky. Fire a warning burst, if they choose to stay, fire for effect and call it a day.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links