U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans

This is a discussion on U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven Good job frieseferd! You have found the truth. I was SHOCKED to hear that there were some news sources that made ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 165

Thread: U.S. closes part of Arizona to Americans

  1. #121
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Good job frieseferd! You have found the truth.

    I was SHOCKED to hear that there were some news sources that made claims that were "inaccurately reported" and "falsely stated" and "FAR FROM ACCURATE". lol

    Like I said...FOX fabricated a story to pump their ratings. I am truly surprised how many people believe whatever they report.
    FOXNews.com - U.S. Parkland Bordering Mexico, Shut Since 2006, Remains Off-Limits As Violence Escalates

    I guess we can't believe Fox reporting on this very same report...or the report from the fws.gov site since its info was on Fox
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #122
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,437
    This is a serious law enforcement, military, government and sovereignty issue.
    News reports will always like to make things sound juicy, no matter what channel, magazine, newspaper, or web site.
    Some people read or listen to these things with biased ears/eyes...some don't. Sometimes the editors/reporters don't state things in the best manner so they are easily understood.
    My apologies for posting so many times but I saw things that were being misrepresented and wanted to point out what facts of the stories for that purpose only, not to argue for the sake of arguing.

    to all
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  4. #123
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,570

    re: 64 Zebra "a serious... issue"

    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    This is a serious law enforcement, military, government and sovereignty issue.
    to all
    Of course it is a serious issue, which is why we should not tolerate untruthful reporting. We can't make serious decisions about this serious issue when we are being handed propaganda which exaggerates the nature of the problem, or conversely propaganda which attempts to diminish the problem.

    We need accurate reporting and truthful correct information so that we know what is going on, and so that Congress can know what is going on--as opposed to imagine or assume or suppose what is going on.

    I think we have been given that truthful information by the Fish and Wildlife Service.

    The material provided by friesepferd at

    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home

    seems straightforward and truthful to me. YMMV.

  5. #124
    Senior Member Array Sig35seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    first its not Megyn Kelly, its Shannon Bream (Megyn must have been out for some reason)
    next....your post to which I replied said some things that were not said by Megyn(Shannon) in this video....yes I watched it the first time the link was posted, no need to post it again

    [What I'm saying is FOX reported a story that had many false statements that was manufactured to create headlines. They lied. Once again they fire up the viewers to gain ratings. They made the story much more inflammatory.

    #1. Biggest lie... Obama is "giving a major strip of the U.S back to Mexico"

    #2. Closing the park all along the U.S. border

    #3. "Closed the park 3 counties deep. Well into Arizona."
    ]

    "CRITICS say the administration is IN EFFECT giving a strip....."

    big difference in what you quote in 1., its not fox lying, its them reporting what people(critics) are saying about the signs and the policy...may be a "technicality" but it is different that how you put it in your post

    next, maybe you're just not understanding what was being said....if it was in print it would look like this:
    "U.S. Fish & Wildlife have closed a portion of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge, all along the border, warning visitors......."
    ....meaning the portion they closed was located along the border....not that the entire park located along the border was closed--difference

    the 3 counties deep part was said by the Sheriff in the interview...him saying where the signs were put up and what has been going on in those areas and his county,
    neither Fox, Megyn Kelly, or Shannon Bream said anything about 3 counties deep

    so no...you did not quote her words exactly
    Yes I did quote her exactly. Here is her complete opening statement..."A massive strip of Arizona is off limits to Americans.Critics say the administration is,In fact, giving a major strip of the Southwest back to Mexico.

    This is NOT A FACT as she reported it. It is not true.

    You apparently missed the part where they speak of it being "3 counties deep" "well into Arizona". "80 miles deep" "North of Tucson".

    I was not misrepresenting the facts as you suggest. It's you who did not hear it. Try listening again it's there.

  6. #125
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Yes I did quote her exactly. Here is her complete opening statement..."A massive strip of Arizona is off limits to Americans.Critics say the administration is,In fact, giving a major strip of the Southwest back to Mexico.

    This is NOT A FACT as she reported it. It is not true.

    You apparently missed the part where they speak of it being "3 counties deep" "well into Arizona". "80 miles deep" "North of Tucson".

    I was not misrepresenting the facts as you suggest. It's you who did not hear it. Try listening again it's there.
    You mean where they quote the AZ Sheriff who has boots on the ground and officers shot because of this.... oh yeah that guy



    Screw it I am sick of arguing with you liberals.

  7. #126
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I understand your point, but the term used, the accusation flung, ceding to Mexico, has a more sinister meaning than what you have suggested.

    There is a park nearby where I live. It has signs that it is closed from 10:00 PM to 5 AM. That doesn't mean the city is ceding the park to
    druggies and vagrants. The opposite. It means ordinary folks keep out, police go in and clear it.

    I'm sure the same is going on in this US Forrest Service controlled area. People are asked to stay out, but officials-- Border Patrol, Guardsmen, State Troopers, and Sheriffs, do go in. Hardly ceding anything.

    I don't doubt that that particular area is too dangerous and that something must be done. But putting up some signs warning people of the danger isn't the same as "ceding territory" to Mexico, as was purported in the initial stories.

    If the news story simply stated the truth, that there is an area where it is now too dangerous for ordinary folks to go, I wouldn't have jumped into this discussion.
    Your comparison between a city park and the U.S. border is marginal at best.

    Also, I'm not jumping to conclusions. You seem to disagree with everything the Arizona government does or says. That is a point you cannot deny.

  8. #127
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You mean where they quote the AZ Sheriff who has boots on the ground and officers shot because of this.... oh yeah that guy



    Screw it I am sick of arguing with you liberals.
    I'm with you.

  9. #128
    VIP Member Array Tom G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by epic scumbag View Post
    they should make it like the dmz zone. Anyone decide to cross then they get shot. its a perfect opportunity for snipers to get some hands on training.
    i second that. That would eliminate the need to build a fence the entire length of the border.

  10. #129
    Member Array Timberline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    87
    Or just install these with overlapping fields of fire

  11. #130
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,948
    Oh, it's only a strip 3/4 of mile wide.......
    I don't care if it's 3/4 of an inch wide! When the United States government is saying that it is either not willing or not able to secure a piece of real estate that it has known is an infiltration route for armed criminals for four years we have a serious problem.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  12. #131
    VIP Member Array Thanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Replaying the exaggerated report really doesn't help deal with what is actually going on...
    +1

    Not a good thing, but every state in the union has some patch that is unsafe and where LE rarely goes.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

  13. #132
    Senior Member Array Sig35seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Screw it I am sick of arguing with you liberals.
    So anyone who doesn't believe in everything that FOX dishes out is considered a liberal? Sad day in America when you don't want to hear the truth but rather continue to believe in what you've already been convinced to believe in by a TV news station. This thread is an example of the power of the media. It should be feared. They will lead you like sheep where ever they want you to go.

  14. #133
    VIP Member Array Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Check out post #49 for the definition of invasion.

    If you don't like the word what would you use? Expedition, vacation,visit,pilgramige ,quest?
    To be honest it's not so much about having a issue with the word "invasion" as it is about me wanting to be clear on WHO is invading. I have no issue saying that drug dealers are invading. I have no issues saying that Mexican drug dealers are invading. I do however have a issue with saying Mexcio is in invading.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

  15. #134
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Yes I did quote her exactly. Here is her complete opening statement..."A massive strip of Arizona is off limits to Americans.Critics say the administration is,In fact, giving a major strip of the Southwest back to Mexico.

    This is NOT A FACT as she reported it. It is not true.

    You apparently missed the part where they speak of it being "3 counties deep" "well into Arizona". "80 miles deep" "North of Tucson".

    I was not misrepresenting the facts as you suggest. It's you who did not hear it. Try listening again it's there.
    no, sorry...its you who needs to listen to the story again

    the part you show about her opening statement is correct....Shannon was saying that CRITICS were saying that in fact they (the critics) believe that we are giving the ground to the drug cartels by our lack of action and putting up signs,
    she wasn't saying it was a fact that the land had been given back to Mexico, that is different and was not stated that way
    if you can't hear/read that and comprehend that, then there is nothing else I can do to make you understand what she was saying in the report...watch it again and listen to how it was written, she was not saying it was a fact that the land was given back, she was saying the critics believe its that way by the actions taken

    and as I stated above...the other things you attribute to Shannon was actually said (and later quoted in other news stories) from the Sheriff...not anyone at Fox, he has a deeper voice with different tone than Shannon and was on the phone, easy to differentiate between the two in the interview
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  16. #135
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Of course it is a serious issue, which is why we should not tolerate untruthful reporting. We can't make serious decisions about this serious issue when we are being handed propaganda which exaggerates the nature of the problem, or conversely propaganda which attempts to diminish the problem.

    We need accurate reporting and truthful correct information so that we know what is going on, and so that Congress can know what is going on--as opposed to imagine or assume or suppose what is going on.

    I think we have been given that truthful information by the Fish and Wildlife Service.

    The material provided by friesepferd at

    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home

    seems straightforward and truthful to me. YMMV.
    hopyard....the info in that release was already quoted in a Fox news story so it really wasn't anything revealing or contradictory to the other video
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ouch- Oil closes at $100.01
    By MnemonicMonkey in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM
  2. Virginia governor closes gun loophole
    By raysheen in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
  3. Part Range Report, Part Ammo Question - Rossi .38spl
    By Joshua M. Smith in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
  4. city closes loophole?
    By raevan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM