Officer Punches Teen: MERGED - Page 2

Officer Punches Teen: MERGED

This is a discussion on Officer Punches Teen: MERGED within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That camera man wa getting on my nerves, it was none of his business what was going on and he was trying to stir the ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer Punches Teen: MERGED

That camera man wa getting on my nerves, it was none of his business what was going on and he was trying to stir the pot more. The officer shouldn't be punished for this, he did what he thought he had to do to gain control of the situation. I wonder where his backup was?

That cop is so lucky that "mob mentality" didn't consume all the gawkers.

Hopefully he won't be thrown under the bus of political correctness for doing his job.
    Entertech AK Centerfire

Daisy Red Ryder

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Wow he clearly punched the woman in the face just because she was black!!!! Just joking even though I am sure thats were it's gonna go. I think both woman should be charged with assulting a police officer, and the one he punched should be charged with obstruction as well. I hate stupid people thank god the officer didn't get jumped by the crowd. He should have Tazzed them both!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Wow he clearly punched the woman in the face just because she was black!!!! Just joking even though I am sure thats were it's gonna go.
    some of the comments on the story are sickening
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    some of the comments on the story are sickening
    It is crazy the way some people treat the police! I can promise you all of those people yelling stupid stuff will tell you of a story about how the police were wrong or did something to them at one time or another so all police are bad guys now. Thats how they justify acting that way whenever they please. This officer didn't to anything wrong they just profiled him as the police so he was bad. I think thats the same thing those people complain about being done to them??
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    Hats off to the LEO for keeping his cool.
    Did he call for back up at some point either before, of after the vid was shot? Seems awefully dangerous for a single officer to be in that position.
    This is a very good question and may have effected how he was handling the situation.

Back up is a less urgent request than assistance. In either case he probably would have known how long it would be until his back up/assistance arrived. Generally when a back up or assistance call goes out the units that are responding will give an eta and the dispatcher will broadcast that eta so the requesting unit will know how long it will be until assistance arrives. Daytime generally means longer response times due to traffic, unless someone happens to be close.

For what it is worth. The gal who got punched in the face decided not to return for more. SHE GOT THE MESSAGE!
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

I wonder if the boyfriend/companion who tried to hold her back will tell her, "I told you so." Maybe not, she was bigger than him.

I know, right!
    She simma downed right quick and nicely.

Reminds me of the Chris Rock bit from his concert 'Bigger & Blacker'.
    Of course I cannot post a link to it here per forum rules but if you looked up; "Ladies talk too much"...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

1) That girl was hard to handcuff. And she was stupid. She can now eat a resisting arrest charge.
    2) The other girl should go to jail as well, and probably will.
    3) He was justified. I was nervous for him with all those people around. At least they had the good sense to simply film the event (good for all involved) and not try to intervene.
    4) Seemed like it was a long time before anyone came to the officer's aid. Even one more officer would've helped.
    5) Too bad budget cuts necessitate single officer patrols.

1) Agree, he may have been using minimal force to keep from inflaming the crowd.
    2) Agree
    3) Agree
    4) There is no way to know if he put out a call and if it was for back up as opposed to assistance.
    5) Even prior to budget cuts, traditionally, day cars were usually one man units.

The officer is an authority figure. The first women is resisting arrest and the second women is assaulting the officer and interfering with the arrest. He should have tazed them both. This is the problem today! No respect for authorityc and then they cry about abuse. A 17 year old pushing a cop...what the hell did her parents teach her? NOTHING!!! I support the officer 100%.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

VIP Member
    The girl asked for it! Too bad so sad!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Must be nice to have money to waste on fines to go along with the “I am to important to be bothered with you” attitude. I am sure the fines for resisting arrest and assaulting an officer will be much higher than jaywalking but being the are teenagers mommy and daddy will probably wind up paying the fines. And yes after viewing the video he was fully justified in punching her.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Totally justified... PERIOD ! She was trying to break the other girl to get away, and interferring with a lawful arrest.

I think he showed great restraint , and normally the rule is.... drop them to the ground and go from there. I would like to show this guy a couple of tricks and holds though, that you can put someone in cuffs much quicker and they won't fight like she was. Very easy to do.

One guy was 'smart' , when one guy came up toward the officer... he told him, "don't put your hands on him man , he'll take you too".

She should be seeing assault and resisting charges too. The one who got punched, deserved it... it was justified. He could have done much more, but held back.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links