Officer Punches Teen: MERGED - Page 3

Officer Punches Teen: MERGED

This is a discussion on Officer Punches Teen: MERGED within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; She might get also get charged with lynching....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    She might get also get charged with lynching.

If anybody was curious the guy filming says "Are you serious?" 5 times.
    I couldn't believe some of the comments the other people were making too, it seems like no one there had any respect for law enforcement. Luckily none of the commentators/filmers stepped in that could have turned ugly really quick.
    This video makes me madder ever time I watch it, I guess I should stop watching it.

The LEO involved showed great restraint, he could have easily subdued this individual, but then would probably had to deal with the entire crowd. That in itself is a shame! The females involved need to spend some time in jail to think about their actions.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

When King 5 (NBC affiliate) aired the story last night, they pretty much just showed clips of people who were outraged at the policeman's use of "excessive force." At the end, they did show a clip of a guy who analyzes police videos and he said that the cop's actions were justified, but the entire story seemed to be slanted against the cop.

Found it: Police, community respond to video of SPD officer punching teen | KING5.com | Seattle News and Video

Huh, the video is actually a little different than the one they aired at 5pm.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Officer Punches Teen

FOXNews.com - Seattle Police Guild Defends Officer's Punch

All I can say shes lucky thats all he did. He was about to be attacked by a mob, and she was CLEARLY resisting.

But I'm sure there will be a public outcry and the Police Brutality claims.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Sometimes I miss the good old days. If I acted that way to a cop when I was 17 he would have busted my head. Then I would have been in REAL trouble when my Mom found out!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I wonder if Obama will come out and say the officer "Acted stupidly"?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I wonder if Obama will come out and say the officer "Acted stupidly"?
    Yes and I also wonder which station will report what kind of beer that teen will be drinking at the White House!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Yes and I also wonder which station will report what kind of beer that teen will be drinking at the White House!

Wait a second. I thought it was the last Democratic President who was always entertaining young female social guests in the Oval Office...
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I just watched a longer version of the clip on CNN. This guy deserves a medal. As much resistance as they put up before and after the punch, he showed more restraint than most people would have.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

If you put your hands on an officer this is exactly what should happen. I dont feel the least bit bad for this girl. The NAACP has already jumped to her defense saying that the office took it too far, not a mention of the behavior of the girl

You can't fix stupid...but you can punch it in the face.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    If you put your hands on an officer this is exactly what should happen. I dont feel the least bit bad for this girl. The NAACP has already jumped to her defense saying that the office took it too far, not a mention of the behavior of the girl
    They'll probably ignore their previous criminal history as well...

Local News | Seattle police to review tactics, officer's conduct after videotaped punch | Seattle Times Newspaper

Previous arrests

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Levias was charged in February 2009 with third-degree assault after she allegedly pushed a King County sheriff's deputy down.

According to charging documents, on Feb. 3, 2009, deputies were called to the Ruth Dykeman Children's Center, a Burien center for troubled girls, in response to a report that Levias was being abusive toward staff. When Levias was confronted by Deputy Amy Zarelli, she pushed the female deputy, causing her to fall, charging papers said.

Levias was given a deferred disposition because it was a first-time offense, Goodhew said.

I am sure the officer will say it was a "justified beating"

one of the reasons police carry those telescoping batons they like to beat their suspects...

those telescoping batons are useless to begin with when the police have pepper spray and a stun gun that wont do permement damage to the suspects ,whether its justified or not.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    I am sure the officer will say it was a "justified beating"

one of the reasons police carry those telescoping batons they like to beat their suspects...

those telescoping batons are useless to begin with when the police have pepper spray and a stun gun that wont do permement damage to the suspects ,whether its justified or not.

SO your saying the cop went to far?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links