Officer Punches Teen: MERGED

This is a discussion on Officer Punches Teen: MERGED within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm glad to see that nothing happened to this officer. That's good news....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Officer Punches Teen: MERGED

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm glad to see that nothing happened to this officer. That's good news.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

finally, people come to their senses
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Well, cannot find the link on our local paper , but

A small piece that the Officer and girl who was punched met , so that the girl could apologize for her actions. She is charged as a juvenile with assault and faces 30 days in juvenile detention.

Sounds like her defense attorney told her that it was in her best interest, and a shorter sentence, to apologize and show some remorse for her actions.

Looks like a beer at the whitehouse will resolve this.

Sometimes LE abuse their authority (lately with tasers). There have been a few videos I've seen where clearly race or bad tempers were at issue, and the LEO was out of line.

This is not one of them. The LEO, IMHO, appeared to act with reason.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

"...The 17 year old teen seen in that video apologized to the officer who punched her Friday morning..."

See? Spankings work! Too bad it wasn't done when she was younger and when they didn't have to be a punch to the face. The reason I say they work is because I really doubt she's going to touch an officer again for the rest of her life. Hats off to her a little bit for being good enough to realize what she did and apologize. She could also thank him for knocking the loose marbles out of her head.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Seattle Police Officer Punch: Seattle Police Officer Punches 17-Year-Old Girl In Jaywalking Incident
    Spin, to the last.

The punch was in direct response to the assault and battery on the officer from multiple people, not the ridiculously dismissive "jaywalking incident" claim (which in fact preceded the A&B).

No wonder nobody respects the media, as a rule. They can't get it right, even when the sequence and elements are plain as day, as they are in this situation. What a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sounds like her defense attorney told her that it was in her best interest, and a shorter sentence, to apologize and show some remorse for her actions.
    Now, if she would only show remorse. That would be something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So now the NAACP wants the chief to resign?!?

wow.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    I accept

To add to this, both my parents, ex-police, watched the video and before it ended began to tell stories of their police years. Many of their stories included hitting people in the face with the 4 D-cell mag lights... I think this officer showed an amazing deal of restraint by not knocking the girl out cold. Many of the altercations my parents were involved in ended with people high on drugs or drunk. They didn't exactly work in the best neighborhood in Texas, no offense to anyone who lives there.
    no offense taken....that crap is still going on here....still have those neighborhoods
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    "...The 17 year old teen seen in that video apologized to the officer who punched her Friday morning..."

See? Spankings work! Too bad it wasn't done when she was younger and when they didn't have to be a punch to the face. The reason I say they work is because I really doubt she's going to touch an officer again for the rest of her life. Hats off to her a little bit for being good enough to realize what she did and apologize. She could also thank him for knocking the loose marbles out of her head.
    This country took a big hit when spankings and prayer were removed from the public schools. It's time to bring them both back.

Yes, and to combine both.........Amen to Spankings!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    This country took a big hit when spankings and prayer were removed from the public schools. It's time to bring them both back.
    Hmm, IDK, spankings were a big abused at one time, just everyone slapping everyone's kid. 1 out of 10 adults I would not trust, and that is enough to give the child's welfare the benefit of the doubt.

Now a child in the act of beating / hitting another (be it a child or adult), all bets are off.

Making it a crime for parents (even grandparents / aunts / uncles / babysitters) to dish out spankings, insanity.

But all a bit off topic.
    NRA Member

I would like to add something here. To all of the people in this thread that have made comments regarding the NAACP/Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton getting involved. Saying that any of those people/groups are going to get involved just because the girl is black is as ignorant as saying the cop stopped her because she was black.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

FYI, looks like the orig teen may have assaultied a police officer before.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6597844.shtml

(CBS/ AP) A Seattle teen seen on cell phone video shoving a police officer who then punched her in the face has apologized to him, and he accepted the apology, authorities say.

Separately, the King County prosecutor charged the 17-year-old as a juvenile, with third-degree assault. That's punishable by a maximum 30 days in detention.

The incident happened Monday as the teen was intervening in a friend's jaywalking arrest by Police Officer Ian Walsh, 39.

The video shows Walsh trying to arrest 19-year old Marilyn Levias. The two were already struggling when Levias' friend, the 17-year-old, pushed the officer, and he responded by punching the friend in the face.

James Kelly, president and CEO of the Urban League of Seattle, told KOMO-TV he had requested the meeting between the teen and Walsh to help calm the situation.

Earlier, Kelly had said, "The use of violence in the form of a full-blown fist to the face was wrong," and leaders of several community groups, while not excusing the suspects, said Walsh clearly overreacted.

Police have said the department's civilian-led Office of Professional Accountability is investigating Walsh's actions.

Prosecutor Dan Satterberg says, "The law is clear: You can't shove a police officer, period."

Levias was arrested on charges of obstructing a police officer.

CBS affiliate KIRO-TV found court records showing Levias has been arrested for assaulting a police officer before. According to the documents, Levias kicked a King County Sheriff's deputy in the stomach while she resisted arrest at the Ruth Dykeman Center in Burien, Wash.

Walsh has been temporarily re-assigned.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would like to add something here. To all of the people in this thread that have made comments regarding the NAACP/Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton getting involved. Saying that any of those people/groups are going to get involved just because the girl is black is as ignorant as saying the cop stopped her because she was black.
    IDK, the local NAACP made quick statements (I believe same day) that more force was used then needed.
    NRA Member

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links