Terrorists crossing AZ border into U.S.?

This is a discussion on Terrorists crossing AZ border into U.S.? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Terrorists crossing AZ border into U.S.? Terrorists crossing AZ border into U.S.? Posted: 06/21/2010 By: Steve Irvin PINAL COUNTY, AZ - On a single day ...

Thread: Terrorists crossing AZ border into U.S.?

Posted: 06/21/2010

By: Steve Irvin
    PINAL COUNTY, AZ - On a single day in April, in a special cell block deep inside the Pinal County Jail, nearly 400 inmates sat awaiting trial or extradition after being detained trying to cross the Arizona border from Mexico.

Only about half of them were actually from Mexico.
    Last edited by JD; August 1st, 2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Edited to comply with with Copy Right laws.
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

2. Remove Ads

The last two directors of the Homeland Security Dep't have poo-pooed this invasion by illegal aliens and claimed that no terrorists are coming into the US by way of Mexico: This is a far stretch.

An enemy seeks to capitalize on their foes weaknesses. Our Southern border is the easiest path to enter the US undetected. Can you imagine the damage say 100 organized enemy combatants could do in our country? How about 500+? Heck a small force like that could take over a small town or a military base with relative ease. In CONUS our bases do not arm up MP's to repel a threat like that. We would be foolish to keep the border the way it is, unless there were ulterior motives . Just saying...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I think using the term "terrorism" is just a stupid way to get federal funding...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Why wouldn't you waltz in the border if you wanted illegal entry?
    The feds have announced they won't bother you and many cities want you.
    Heck, get all the free services before you perpetrate your act of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post

“There’s a procedure which takes place, where, in effect, if we can’t send them back, they’re let go,” Senator Kyl said.
    That part doesn't make sense to me. If their country doesn't want them then we just say "oh ok welcome to America then." Am I reading it wrong?
    I have been saying the same thing to everyone that thinks that illegal immigration is only about mexicans; "we don't know who is coming across. It could be joe doe trying to "better" his life (illegally), or it could be bin laden, but the fact is we don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I think using the term "terrorism" is just a stupid way to get federal funding...
    It's only stupid IF it doesn't work...

Meanwhile, people other than Mexicans are coming into the U.S. illegally....some from countries that are state sponsors of terrorism or are from countries that are home to Muslim extremism
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    The easiest way for anyone not on a watch list to get into the US is to buy an airplane ticket, obtain a tourist visa, or enroll in school and get a student visa. The second easiest way is to obtain a passport from a visa waiver country. The real BGs know this.

We have no mechanism worth anything to make sure people who are supposed to leave do so, or to track them if they don't leave.

I can't imagine why any "self-respecting" person with brains and some bucks would enter through the Mexican border desert on foot when there are so many better options available.

Can't fly to NY? Go to Canada and drive across.

Not one of the 9/11 conspirators entered through the Mexican border. Could some? Would some? Sure. But there are easier ways.

I think we have a larger challenge policing legal entrants who come with illegal intentions.

I voted for GW TWICE..BUT the one major mistake of his administration was NOT padlocking the border on 9/12/01 when he had the unquestioned backing of the country. Had that happened ,we would have figured something out about "guest workers" and the undocumentated already here. Arizona, would NOT have had to step into the vacuum left by a disinterested Federal Gov't. All I can say, is God Forbid a mass-casualty attack coming from someone who crossed the southern border...........these politicians in D.C. will be cooked!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The easiest way for anyone not on a watch list to get into the US is to buy an airplane ticket, obtain a tourist visa, or enroll in school and get a student visa. The second easiest way is to obtain a passport from a visa waiver country. The real BGs know this.

We have no mechanism worth anything to make sure people who are supposed to leave do so, or to track them if they don't leave.

I can't imagine why any "self-respecting" person with brains and some bucks would enter through the Mexican border desert on foot when there are so many better options available.

Can't fly to NY? Go to Canada and drive across.

Not one of the 9/11 conspirators entered through the Mexican border. Could some? Would some? Sure. But there are easier ways.

I think we have a larger challenge policing legal entrants who come with illegal intentions.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    EXCELLENT points!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Sure. It's inevitable, and not just from the southern border. As others have pointed out, too, there are plenty of avenues, few of which have been locked down tight.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The last two directors of the Homeland Security Dep't have poo-pooed this invasion by illegal aliens and claimed that no terrorists are coming into the US by way of Mexico:
    It's simple. If you want to protect the border, you can't be the head of Homeland Insecurity. Don't believe me? Michael Chertoff and Janet Napolitano.
    Checkmate.

OBTW: Do you know what Michael Chertoff is doing now? Selling high tech full naked body scanners to airports for millions each. Gee, if terrorists weren't in the country, we wouldn't need scanners, would we.

Links