Hezbollah at the Border

Hezbollah at the Border

This is a discussion on Hezbollah at the Border within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; by Connie Hair Posted 07/15/2010 ET Signs are growing that the terror group Hezbollah has expanded its long-established influence with South and Central American drug ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hezbollah at the Border

Exclamation Hezbollah at the Border

by Connie Hair
    Posted 07/15/2010 ET

Signs are growing that the terror group Hezbollah has expanded its long-established influence with South and Central American drug cartels into a working presence in Mexico.

Rep. Sue Myrick (R.-N.C.) is asking the Department of Homeland Security to form a task force to investigate ties between the Islamic terror group Hezbollah, the drug cartels in Central and South America and new indications of a Hezbollah presence in Mexico.

Documents obtained exclusively by Human Events reveal a well-established smuggling route into the U.S. Over 180,000 illegal aliens from countries Other than Mexico (OTM) were apprehended from 2007 through mid-March 2010.

Nearly 150,000 of those apprehended were from South and Central American countries that the State Department says are being used as corridors for smuggling people from the Middle East, Southwest Asia and East Africa.

State Department documents examined by Human Events raise concerns that Hezbollah has already used these long-established narco-terror relationships to establish terror cells in the United States.

From the State Department Country Reports on Terrorism 2008:

“Over the past five years, however, smuggling rings have been detected moving people from East Africa, the Middle East, and Southwest Asia to Honduras or through its territory. In 2008, there was an increase in the number of boats arriving on the North coast, ferrying people from all over the world seeking to enter the United States illegally via Guatemala and Mexico. Nationals of countries without Honduran visa requirements, especially Ecuador and Colombia, were involved in schemes to transit Honduras, often with the United States and Europe as their final destination. Foreign nationals have successfully obtained valid Honduran identity cards and passports under their own or false identities.”

Over the past three years, nearly 57,000 people have been apprehended in this country illegally with Honduran identification. Over 49,000 were from Guatemala and over 38,000 from El Salvador, home of the MS-13 narco-terror gangs.

Myrick has requested that a task force study new indications that Hezbollah has expanded their presence into Mexico. In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Myrick gives several examples of Hezbollah’s influence on the drug cartels.

“We have seen their cooperation in countries across South America, particularly the tri-border area of South America (bounded by Puerto Iguazu, Argentina; Ciudad del Este, Paraguay; and Foz do Iguanzo, Brazil). Hezbollah operates almost like a Mafia family in this region, often demanding protection money and ‘taxes’ from local inhabitants,” Myrick states in the letter.

Of particular concern was evidence of Hezbollah influence in Mexico, which is the gateway into the United States for drug cartels.

Myrick’s letter warns that tattoos have been found on drug gangs in U.S. prisons showing the influence of Iranian-directed Hezbollah terrorists.

“If you go down to the San Diego area in the prisons that’s where you’ll see prison inmates with Farsi tattoos,” Myrick told Human Events in a recent interview. “It’s not a secret, it just something that people have chosen to ignore.”

Myrick also raised concerns over Hezbollah training Mexican cartels in bomb making and sophisticated tunneling techniques that they’ve used for terrorist attacks against Israel.

“I think that there is a bigger picture here that everyone is ignoring,” Myrick said. “I’ve asked Homeland Security for a task force. They said they would give me an intelligence briefing, which would be to shut me up so I can’t say anything. I’m not going to do that. I want some answers to my questions on the task force first.”

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, recently told Human Events the Mexican cartels are building sophisticated tunnels into the United States.

“When you look at some of the pretty sophisticated tunnels that they’ve dug under the border where two adult males can walk side-by-side without bending over you know that they’ve built them not just for moving drugs through there but [to move] anything through there,” Bonner said.

When asked if the Mexican cartels would work with terrorist groups, Bonner said it’s all about the money.

“They don’t have a conscience. They really don’t care what they’re smuggling across the border—it could be a weapon of mass destruction—as long as the price is right they’ll move it,” Bonner said. “They don’t care whether the person is from a terrorist sponsoring country or whether that person is from Mexico, if the person pays the fee they’re getting across. The higher the fee you pay, the more likely it is that you’re going to get across.”

Bonner said that this year there is a higher percentage of border apprehensions for drug arrests and OTMs.

“It’s not that the OTMs and the drugs coming across have necessarily increased but we have seen our effectiveness increase because we have fewer people coming across,” Bonner said.

Rep. Mike Rogers (R.-Mich.), member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, served for 12 years as an FBI Special Agent. He spoke recently with HUMAN EVENTS about the smuggling routes into this country from these South American countries.

“Remember there’s a difference in a criminal enterprise that seeks to come here that wants to be surreptitious,” Rogers warned. “They’re not showing up to get a job at a construction site. They’re showing up here to do a whole other set of activities that they also don’t want law enforcement to know about, so that makes that group of individuals more difficult to catch and they are much more dangerous.”

Rogers says the lines are being blurred between the terrorist groups and the drug cartels.

“What we see that happening in Pakistan, and we see it happening in Northern Africa and we see it happening in the Arabian Peninsula that these groups will work together,” Rogers said. “I think the five crime families in New York are a great example. If they can find a way to work together to benefit both of them between two families or three families or four families or five families they will do it. It doesn’t mean they like each other, it doesn’t mean they won’t shoot each other, but if they can find something that benefits them they’ll do it. These groups are no different.”

According to an April 30 report compiled by the non-partisan Congressional Research Service, “International terrorist groups, including Hamas and Hezbollah, have also reportedly raised funding for their terrorist activities through linkages formed with [drug trafficking organizations] in South America, particularly those operating in the tri-border area (TBA) of Brazil, Paraguay, and Argentina.”

“We have clearly seen that the line between the narco-terrorist and funding for terrorist operations is getting awful blurred,” Rogers said. “I think that the sooner we come to the realization that all of these groups will use each other to further their aims the better off we are.”

Connie Hair writes daily as HUMAN EVENTS' Congressional correspondent. She is a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    If that dont make the hair stand up on the back of your head, I've heard it told that remote cameras all over the border have been noticing an above average flow of illegals moving across the border appear to be of Chinese descent.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    "Connie Hair writes daily as HUMAN EVENTS' Congressional correspondent. She is a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference."

In other words, consider the source when judging the veracity of this stuff.

I've considered the source and find that contrary to the liberal apologist opinion, OTM's are coming across our border.

The Chinese did it to Korea, and look what that little act brought the world. I fear that much the same is being done here, with people dressed like Pancho the farm worker but in reality are something else. It is a de facto invasion of our country and it needs to be stopped, and the ones already here need to be sent packing.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Nothing to worry about. I'm sure our Homeland Security has everything well in hand. If you don't believe that, just ask them. I really don't believe they care - at least not until some idiot sets off a big one. They will probably have a lot of excuses including that it was George Bush's fault.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I've considered the source and find that contrary to the liberal apologist opinion, OTM's are coming across our border.

The Chinese did it to Korea, and look what that little act brought the world. I fear that much the same is being done here, with people dressed like Pancho the farm worker but in reality are something else. It is a de facto invasion of our country and it needs to be stopped, and the ones already here need to be sent packing.

Biker
    Could'nt said it ANY BETTER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

That border needs to be sealed up tighter than Ft Knox. That's all there is to it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Bottom line:
    Washington doesn't care, they have their orders. There could be a thousand dead Americans in a pile and Washington wouldn't respond. Get used to it.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Simple solution, stop buying drugs. Unfortunately it's not that simple, too many people are hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Simple solution, stop buying drugs. Unfortunately it's not that simple, too many people are hooked.
    That won't stop the millions who want free stuff.

I have long thought that we are very easy targets coming from the border being so open, and Ben L. boys know about it.

It would not surprise me if we did not see run and gun attacks in our good land.

Soft targets and AKs in a deadly mix.

Best defense is close the border, and CHL holder willing to engage as first line when needed or until LE or heavier firepower arrive.

JMHO YMMV
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    "Connie Hair writes daily as HUMAN EVENTS' Congressional correspondent. She is a former speechwriter for Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and a former media and coalitions advisor to the Senate Republican Conference."

In other words, consider the source when judging the veracity of this stuff.
    O.K. Hop, whats it going to take? Does this and all the related things happening on the border have to come to your front door? Do you have to see it in person?

You refuse to believe anything or anyone who doesn't fit your agenda. Even if you operate with the idea that 50% of the news is true and 50% is B.S. then even you have to give these things credibility.

There is a simple fix to the border problem. Have all U.S. Citizens back away from the border, then have 24 hour surveillance done with an AC130 gunship with orders to fire at anything that moves. They would stop trying to cross the border in a hurry and the government could just consider it free live target practice.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Rep. Myrick has been interviewed several time on a local radio station. The info she is giving out is pretty disturbing to say the least. The Gov tracks the country of origin of individuals who are caught and they are seeing more coming from countries with terrorist ties or friendly to the cause of terrorism. I heard her say that they have seen MS 13 tattoos in Farsi. Hows that for an interesting combination?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I don’t know, I personally like Farsi script. its like an extended mispronounced Arabic alphabet. Also from what I have seen of the MS 13 dudes they tattoo themselves up. and one thing about Hezbollah, despite there name there not much fun.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links