Pit Bull Shot Three Times [including once in the head]; Still Charges Officers

This is a discussion on Pit Bull Shot Three Times [including once in the head]; Still Charges Officers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Guns and more You mean like police dogs? Have you ever actually been around military/police working dogs and their handlers?...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pit Bull Shot Three Times [including once in the head]; Still Charges Officers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    You mean like police dogs?
    Have you ever actually been around military/police working dogs and their handlers?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Beautiful little girl!!

I applaud you for the adoption and giving her what she deserves! Please spoil her rotten.

On track with the thread, my best bud from the academy was called to a couple of Pits attacking a young girl. He arrived and had a clear shot at the one. 2 rounds COM, dog hardly flinched. 2 more rounds to the heart/vitals, dog still continued towards the fight. Final round to the skull dropped the animal.

Yes, it was with dept issue Federal Hydra Shocks that took 5 rounds to stop the dog at less than 10 yrds. And yes,......40cal.

I agree to that these animals can be deadly aggressive, but under condtions of how a pet should be treated, these dogs are super pets. They have gotten a bad rep, like Dobie's did back in the 70's, due to the ignorance of the owners.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I have no sympathy for the dog. One less viscous killer attack dog is fine with me.
    I do have sympathy for the dog. I have rescued pitbulls and dobermans and they now have a home where they are loved and controlled properly. No dog automatically becomes aggressive to humans for no reason. Humans make these animals into the uncontrolable dangerous creatures they become. The dog had to be stopped and the officers did what they had to do, unfortunately the dogs fate was sealed by the human that had the power over him to make him what he eventually became.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    No dog automatically becomes aggressive to humans for no reason. Humans make these animals into the uncontrolable dangerous creatures they become.
    Not true, based on reports from dog owners.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question.
    These dogs seem to have an inbred attack disposition that can be sparked at any time for reasons unknown. Many of these dogs are owned by loving, kind families who treat them wonderfully. Then, one day for what ever reason, it rips the kids face off. I have have much more sympathy for the children and babies who have been mauled and killed by these monsters as well as adults.

The opinion that these dogs if treated right will make wonderful pets is dangerous advice. There are many other dog breeds that will make great watch dogs and be of a much better temperament. These types of dogs endanger not only the immediate family but the entire community as well.
    I consider these dogs to be natural born terrorists.

If you would like me to send some picture of children who have been ripped apart by these monsters let me know. I have loads of them.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Administrator
    This thread is not about the virtues or pitfalls of pit bulls. I've already cleaned up several posts about the no knock warrant; Like the breed of the dog, it has nothing to do with the meat of the topic.
    The staff is tired of the petty arguing. Stop posting about dog breeds. Stop posting about no knock warrants. If you don't like pits fine, don't have one. If you like them, have at it...We don't want to hear about it anymore.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Have you ever actually been around military/police working dogs and their handlers?
    I have, actually. I got to wear the bite-suit! That encounter taught me that dogs are much, much stronger than most people think they are.

I agree with the point I think you're trying to make Opfor. There's a huge difference between a police dog and a dog some jerk owner has raised. It's the difference between a serial killer and a soldier.

I'm not going to get into a debate about serial killers, but most psychological professionals will tell you that part of their problem stems from upbringing, almost every time. The same applies to dogs. Bad owners raise their dogs to be mean, police raise their dogs to obey and do a job, just like any good soldier. Serial killers and soldiers can both take lives, just as "bad" dogs and police dogs can both attack people. That doesn't make them the same.

When that German Shepherd was sicced on me in the bite-suit it was mean, strong and relentless. When the officer called it back he was rewarded with a squeaky ball and petting. Police dogs aren't mean, they're well-trained.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Administrator
    It has run its course. See ya'll in the next dog thread tomorrow.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links