Weapons of Mass Destruction Found in Iraq

This is a discussion on Weapons of Mass Destruction Found in Iraq within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was not aware that Sarin gas degrades. Now the containers may over time, but the nerve gas does not, because it is not exposed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapons of Mass Destruction Found in Iraq

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I was not aware that Sarin gas degrades. Now the containers may over time, but the nerve gas does not, because it is not exposed to anything that would degrade it, like sunlight, extreme heat, etc.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Minor point but I seem to recall that Sarin and another nerve agent are actually and initially comprized of binary elements. Parts ''A'' and "B".

In the binary form neither component is hazardous - only when combined do they achieve potency - and so I am thinking, the ''shelf life'' could be very long.

Could be quite wrong of course - that happens
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

JD
    Administrator

well...

Yeah and I suppose that when I was with the 15th MEU we never found artillary muntitions with "trace" finding of bio...You mean to tell me that they didn't had time to truck that stuff into ummmm Syria or Iran, SAY IT AINT SO.

sorry, I'm still just a little cynical of the media, somehow I don't think I'm the only one here with these "feelings"

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    As I keep pointing out to the anti-war types, destroying bio weapons only takes bleach!

Chemical weapons could be buried in a country the size of CA or trucked almost anywhere across the middle east, given the time the invasion was debated.

If you do a Google search, you will find an article by the media slamming the US military for not guarding barrels from a nuclear site in Iraq that people were getting radiation sickness from high level contamination. That level of contamination only results from either reactor waste or a nuclear bomb program. Iraq never had a functioning reactor.

This article is nothing new... they have found realitively small caches of this type of ordinance stashed all over.

THE MOST INTERESTING thing in the article, and my suspicion why most news orgs. didnt carry it is this statement from the article:

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon
    A good friend in Atlanta told me that he saw no mention of this in the Atlanta newspaper. Although I have not looked, I am making a shot-in-the-dark guess, and this is just a completely wild guess, mind you, that it's probably not a headline story in the New York Times either.

Gee ...

... what a shock.
    Trust me the Atlanta Journal Constitution is about as liberal as they come. Very anti-gun, anti-Bush, ant-war.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links