US based terrorists

This is a discussion on US based terrorists within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.startribune.com/local/100...aPc:_Yyc:aUUss Two Rochester women charged with aiding Somali terrorists with al-Qaida ties http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/40702.html U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced Thursday indictments against 14 people from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US based terrorists

VIP Member

US based terrorists

http://www.startribune.com/local/100...aPc:_Yyc:aUUss

Two Rochester women charged with aiding Somali terrorists with al-Qaida ties
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/40702.html

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced Thursday indictments against 14 people from three states who allegedly provided financial support, personnel, or services to the Somali terrorist group Al-Shabaab, an Al Qaeda-linked organization which Holder said has developed a “deadly pipeline” of American recruits and sympathizers.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5431470a-a...44feabdc0.html

The Obama administration on Thursday warned that US citizens supporting terrorism risked a violent death when it announced a series of charges against alleged homegrown extremists.
    http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010080...-al-queda.html

The Day the ACLU Joined Al Queda
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

AND I'll just bet none of the groups had common ties to a mosque or imam either.

How about U.S. based gangs? They commit more crimes than a few random American "terrorists". We don't seem to care about inner city black and Hispanic gangs who terrorize local communities.

The biggest terrorism supporter in the U.S. lives in the white house........
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

GM
    It is time to wake up USA
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

This is alarming but unfortunetly not a new phenomenon. Remember we use to have Americans helping out the IRA. Those are the ones that come to mind, I imagian there are plenty more cases out there.

Slight bias there op? You're forgetting all the radical christian homegrown terrorists in this country. Hell, they've infiltrated all level of governments very successfully. Probably not as much of a risk of immediate violence but its still there. They've got arguably the best propaganda and misinformation campaign, though. Ignornace is an extremely powerful weapon.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    Slight bias there op? You're forgetting all the radical christian homegrown terrorists in this country. Hell, they've infiltrated all level of governments very successfully. Probably not as much of a risk of immediate violence but its still there. They've got arguably the best propaganda and misinformation campaign, though. Ignornace is an extremely powerful weapon.
    Not really sure what "radical christian homegrown terrorists" (skin heads, Neo-nazi movement, Timothy McVee types maybe is what you mean I guess?) are but I am far more worried about the "radical non-Christian or atheist" homegrown fanatics in this country......they destroy the country not with bombs but slowly destroying the moral core of this country fiber by fiber. That’s what will eventually bring this nation down anyway.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    Way off base. I know you might like to believe this problem exists, that you might like to pretend there is some kind of equivalancy between Christians of today and Islamism, but the facts don't support it. Look for you boogeyman somewhere else, my friend.

I'm not saying that all christians (or muslims) are violent radicals.. I guess we'll just say that the abortion clinic bombings / murders, church burnings, the KKK, the various neo-nazi groups don't exsist. We could probably mention the nuts that scream obama is the anti christ and that he must be assassinated and such.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Radical Christian homegrown terrorists infiltrating all levels of government?? That sounds like a conspiracy theory website. The KKK and neo-nazis are no more Christians than they are pacifists. They are using religion to justify their actions. Same thing with the abortion clinic bombers and shooters. I have heard the nuts that say Obama is the Anti-Christ, but I haven't heard any of them say he should be assassinated. If they had, I'm sure they would have been visited by the Secret Service.

I'll back you up on radical christian groups n3ss. Westboro Baptist Church headed by Fred Phelps is probably the most disgusting of these Christian based radical groups. Any terrorist foreign or domestic needs to be treated equally and very harshly. If you want to put your tin foil hat on for a second, we could say that gangs arent being controlled like they should due to the money the government makes on the war on drugs and that is the same reason the border isnt closed. It is also easier to keep people in those areas misinformed if they are too busy worried about being shot in their neighborhood than what is going on in the rest of the country.

We have laws and they should be enforced and the maximum punishments should be dealt out. Treason such as our wikileaker, once found guilty (yes fair, but expedient trial) should be executed. Death by firing squad. Convicted of funding a known terrorist organization- death by firing squad. Pressure should be put on organizations that try and help these people. Not by the Government, but by Americans. Lawyers should be discouraged from trying to "make a name for themselves" by defending these criminals. How can an American walk around with a clear conscience defending an Al Qaeda operative? How do we let these people walk around? I am on a bit of a tangent so I digress, but I hope my point is well received.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I don't give a flying rats butt if their home grown or foreign terrorist or whatever you want to call them. If they are here trying to do harm to America and the Citizens of this country I gave 20 years and a war defending (with a lot of blood, sweart and tears in there), then they are the enemy and need to be dealt with swiftly and with extreme prejudice in my view. We need to quit be political on this crap and stuff anyone who says differently onto a boat and send them to those countries that support terrorist and let them join them. We'll deal with the terrorist our way.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Eventually they'll just change the definition of terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by CplVargas View Post
    How about U.S. based gangs? They commit more crimes than a few random American "terrorists". We don't seem to care about inner city black and Hispanic gangs who terrorize local communities.
    Of course we do. I'd be locking up gang leaders in a heartbeat. Keep in mind a lot of gang members are also illegal aliens. That doesn't excuse muslim terrorists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links