Help me find my little sister a job

This is a discussion on Help me find my little sister a job within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; She has a bachelors in criminology. She is 24 years old, fluent in Spanish and English and is a few weeks shy of finishing the ...

Thread: Help me find my little sister a job

Help me find my little sister a job

She has a bachelors in criminology. She is 24 years old, fluent in Spanish and English and is a few weeks shy of finishing the police academy in Puerto Rico.

Her plan is to get a few years of experience on the street and apply for something federal.

Any suggestions?
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

2. Remove Ads

EW3
    What about she tries becoming an MP officer in the Army or tries for CID/OSI/NCIS now?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    She has a bachelors in criminology. She is 24 years old, fluent in Spanish and English and is a few weeks shy of finishing the police academy in Puerto Rico.

Her plan is to get a few years of experience on the street and apply for something federal.

Any suggestions?
    My advice, if she hasn't already, is to sign up with People First. I constantly receive job position alerts by email everyday that require the exact credentials your sister has. Credentials I don't have.

Here is the link to the registration site:
    https://jobs.myflorida.com/index.html
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I think that the Florida State Troopers would love to have her. It would be a start.
    I have a a friend whose son became a FST a couple of years ago, now he's looking into the FMAS...Federal Air Marshal Service.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Air Marshalls were looking for people & may still be. A female would be an advantage. DEA hires many woman and knowing Spanish would sure be an advantage. Any STATE bureau would probably be interested in her as well. Sounds like she's on a good track so far.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Administrator
    Good luck in this job market, I dont care what sex she is or what languages she speaks. Also, not many local agencies are going to be willing to hire her if her plans are to move on in a few years anyway. There is a huge investment involved, and (sorry ladies, its the truth) women are typically a poor return on that investment anyway. After the dose of reality I just gave you, all is not lost.

If I were in her shoes with her goals, I'd join the USCG. There are tons of options for somebody like her. They are a federal law enforcement agency, and it will make her goals of moving onto bigger and better things a ton easier when the time comes. Her foot will already be in the door, she will get hiring preference and the time served in the Coast Guard will count towards her retirement and pension. Most people think the coast guard just rescues wayward boaters; that is not true. They have a large investigations section and do just about every aspect of law enforcement there is. It would be a ton of great experiance for anyone looking to get into LE, especially if they want federal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Good luck in this job market, I dont care what sex she is or what languages she speaks. Also, not many local agencies are going to be willing to hire her if her plans are to move on in a few years anyway. There is a huge investment involved, and (sorry ladies, its the truth) women are typically a poor return on that investment anyway. After the dose of reality I just gave you, all is not lost.

If I were in her shoes with her goals, I'd join the USCG. There are tons of options for somebody like her. They are a federal law enforcement agency, and it will make her goals of moving onto bigger and better things a ton easier when the time comes. Her foot will already be in the door, she will get hiring preference and the time served in the Coast Guard will count towards her retirement and pension. Most people think the coast guard just rescues wayward boaters; that is not true. They have a large investigations section and do just about every aspect of law enforcement there is. It would be a ton of great experiance for anyone looking to get into LE, especially if they want federal.
    That is very good advice...her degree and quals will prob make it very easy to be a comissioned officer, and the transition to any other fed agency she wants would be a snap.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links