Blunt police form asks Regina citizens if they murdered their neighbours

This is a discussion on Blunt police form asks Regina citizens if they murdered their neighbours within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't see how this can be legal but they are doing it. http://www.theprovince.com/news/Blun...086/story.html REGINA Regina residents living near the scene of a recent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blunt police form asks Regina citizens if they murdered their neighbours

Post Blunt police form asks Regina citizens if they murdered their neighbours

I don't see how this can be legal but they are doing it.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Blun...086/story.html

REGINA Regina residents living near the scene of a recent triple homicide are expressing concern after receiving a questionnaire from police asking some pretty straight questions including direct inquires about whether they took place in the murders themselves.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Why wouldn't it be legal? I can ask you anything I want I just can't compell you to answer

Did you those folks?

See how easy it was?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Blun...086/story.html
    Legal so long as they don't make attempts to coerce folks to answer with threats. As someone else said, they can ask and you can decline to answer.

HOWEVER, it sure sounds like whoever thought this one up is missing a few IQ genes.

VIP Member
    That's City of Regina, Saskatchewan, right?

If so, I don't have a clue what is legal up there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

What's the point?
    I guess the murderer would kill someone but not lie on the form? "Darn, you got me........I did it."
    Or, If someone doesn't return the form are they then a "person of interest"?
    Here's a question:
    "If you were going to conduct the investigation, how would you do it?" " Duh, I'd call in the RCMP."

Now, looking at the victim's names, and the use of the term "housing complex", I'm guessing this is a group that doesn't interact with the police much.
    Maybe the cops are trying to get people who know something to trust the police and move beyond the tribal heritage.

Well without reading them thier rights you might jepordize your case.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Well without reading them thier rights you might jepordize your case.
    That would only matter if if were a custodial interview. This is clearly not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If It's in Canada I don't believe they have Miranda Rights,It will never cease to amaze me how many Americans seem to think the rights they are afforded while in the USA somehow follows them wherever they may end up in the world.When I was stationed in England we went downtown to pick up a guy that got drunk started a fight and was arrested,First words out of Geniuses mouth was "They didn't read me my rights"everything I told them is inadmissable in court.we just nodded our heads and took him back so he could meet his Squadron Commander
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Ha, I totally missed this was in Canada; that would have been a lot easier of an answer than the one I gave.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm sure the murderers will answer truthfully and save the police hours and hours of hard work.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ha, I totally missed this was in Canada; that would have been a lot easier of an answer than the one I gave.
    Did you leave your SA with the sitter this morning??? LOL I didn't notice either.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I'm sure the murderers will answer truthfully and save the police hours and hours of hard work.
    I am sure you are right, Murderers aren't bad guys and gals
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Well, many FFl's and gun dealers have told me they have had people answer on the 4473 form, "have you ever been convicted for a felony" , and "are you a fugitive from justice " ..... and had people answer "yes". So, you never know.

The murder of the 2 girls in Okla ... they asked everyone who owned a .40 cal handgun to let them test their gun... most did and cooperated to show it was definitely not there gun.... 5 wouldn't. Now, you know which 5 they investigated further.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=Eagleks;1734203 Now, you know which 5 they investigated further.[/QUOTE]

And sadly, unless I have missed a news report or my memory has failed me a bit, that crime was never solved.

Someone tell me if I am wrong on that, O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    And sadly, unless I have missed a news report or my memory has failed me a bit, that crime was never solved.

Someone tell me if I am wrong on that, O.K.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12611778

OSBI: We Will Break Weleetka Case
    Posted: Jun 08, 2010 6:15 AM CDT Updated: Jun 09, 2010 8:46 AM CDT
    By Chris Wright, The News On 6

Quote:
    The OSBI now says it is looking at several suspects, but will not elaborate beyond that. The seemingly random murders of two childhood friends attracted national attention in 2008. Once the shock subsided, the focus turned to finding the killer.
    People withholding info has been suspected at times in this case. IF there was an anonymous questionaire like done in that case, would people maybe provide some info ? Possibly. It would be worth a try anyway.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links