Interesting Article By Chicago Police Officer

This is a discussion on Interesting Article By Chicago Police Officer within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm an avid reader of local political fare, including numerous police blogs here in Chicago. This article has gotten a lot of attention and even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article By Chicago Police Officer

Interesting Article By Chicago Police Officer

I'm an avid reader of local political fare, including numerous police blogs here in Chicago. This article has gotten a lot of attention and even threatens to derail the career of the courageous officer who wrote it. It nicely summarizes the state of the CPD and the bigger political picture that precipitated the decline of the force.

Chicago - Fast Track to Anarchy

2. Remove Ads

Here is another article in relation to this. I read it a couple of days ago.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinbe...tein23.article

Distinguished Member
    Wow, he certainly laid it all out there. I wish him the best.

Love it! Good job, LT! If more people were willing to stand up to public corruption in ANY organization, the messes out there could be cleaned up. I hope he prevails.

All the writing and complaining will do no good until the citizens have had enough and grow some balls. I wish this officer well in his endeavor to make a difference.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    The city of Chicago corrupt, tell me it isn't so! Actually, maybe there'd be a change in administration if the dead stopped voting.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    WoW!!!!!!!!

Hope the thugs of Illinois don't read that article.

All holy H E Double Hockey Sticks will break out if they do, as they will begin to realize they indeed rule the streets..

Almost makes living in Mi. and working in Detroit seem like child's play..

Thank God we are entrusted with at least being able to arm ourselves to help protect oneself.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Daley and his minions believe they are invincible. And truly they might well be. A dynasty is not easily brought down. The latest Supreme Court decision is a step in the right direction though. It's too bad Blago is such a loose cannon or else he might have given some believability to his connection with the Daley Machine. I feel for the law abiding citizens of Chicago not having legal access to firearms and police too caught up in internal strife to offer protection they deserve. This doesn't bode well for Chicago and I feel it will get worse before it gets better.

Chicago and in fact the entire state of Illinois have the potential to be great. But for this to happen an entire change of political leadership must happen. But the corruption in the city and the state is so ingrained that I just don't see it as a real possibility any time soon.

I have a co-worker who is from Chicago and he told me not long ago that until he moved to Indianapolis, he thought the corruption and bribes and all that goes along with politics in Chicago was the way it worked everywhere. But he now sees how terribly corrupt and disgusting Chicago and the state of Illinois as a whole really is. He says he could never move back there after enjoying real freedom for as long as he has.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I wish he would tell us how he really feels
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    The city of Chicago corrupt, tell me it isn't so! Actually, maybe there'd be a change in administration if the dead stopped voting.
    AMEN!!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Nothing will change. I hope the LEO has another job lined up. Rhetorical: What would happen if good armed citizens rose up against the City?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Nothing will change. I hope the LEO has another job lined up. Rhetorical: What would happen if good armed citizens rose up against the City?
    Bad, bad things. Likely the national guard would be called in.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Agreed. I hope the LEO has extra plates and watches his back... This rodeo isn't over for him.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wish this guy the best, but Chicago will straighten itself out when the Cubs win the Series. Ain't happening anytime soon.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links