Texas DPS traffic stop

Texas DPS traffic stop

This is a discussion on Texas DPS traffic stop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was heading over to some friends about 8:30 am to go for a ride to Zapataq,about 100 miles Northwest of us where a Restaurant ...

Thread: Texas DPS traffic stop

Texas DPS traffic stop

I was heading over to some friends about 8:30 am to go for a ride to Zapataq,about 100 miles Northwest of us where a Restaurant has just about the best Chicken Fried steak I ever tasted.I was thinking about a few things,traffic was extremely light and I was on a new stretch of 4 lane roadway residential area,I saw him as we pulled up to a 4-way stop I was headed South He was headed North,as I passed him he made a uey and hit his lights,I pull my bike over and park,then get my wallet out and my CHL and DL,as he walks up I hand them to him,he told me he stopped me for doing 40 in a 30,I told him I wasn't paying attention,he asked the usual where you going questions, then he said he'd be right back after he inspected my motorcycle for current inspection sticker etc.I got a warning ticket,then he said you mean that little restaurant in Zapata on the left side as your headed North I said that's the one,I shook his hand and thanked him and we went our seperate ways.I was never asked wheres your gun what kind is it or anything at al gun related.
    PS I saw 4 troopers in about a 5 mile stretch on the way home,looks like they are going after DUI's this weekend big time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good cop stop for a number of reasons.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Duke, ship 'em up here. Its football weekend. I stay in an off the road.

I think i'll keep my bike in the garage until after the holiday and ride on Wed. with the group, as usual. Cooler weather sure is nice compared to last weeks ride. I need to find that restaurant in Zapata, seems we are always looking for new places.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    I think i'll keep my bike in the garage until after the holiday and ride on Wed. with the group, as usual. Cooler weather sure is nice compared to last weeks ride. I need to find that restaurant in Zapata, seems we are always looking for new places.
    I think it's called El Paraisso or something like that,I'm sure if you ask anywhere in town they can tell you where its at,It's right on Hwy 83
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    PS I saw 4 troopers in about a 5 mile stretch on the way home,looks like they are going after DUI's this weekend big time
    They have been talking this weekend up on KHOU as a "no refusal weekend". They have judges standing by to sign warrants and nurses waiting to draw blood.

All in all sounds like a good stop.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I've been stopped a couple of times by Texas DPS Troopers since I've had my CHL, and every time it's been nothing but a good experience (considering I was stopped, of course...).

I'll share two instances that happened two summers ago. Both were down near the Davis Mountains in Soutwest Texas (north of Big Bend) on the same trip.

The first was by a Trooper coming the opposite way. He passed, turned around, and lit me up. I drove for about another 1/4 mile until I reached a safe place on the 2 lane highway through the mountains. His first comment--"Thanks for waiting to pull over here. I appreciate your consideration." As I handed over my driver's license, insurance, and concealed handgun license (required when stopped in Texas), he looked in the back of the car and saw my kids (10 and 12 at the time). He simply held up my CHL and said "I see your kids are with you. Is your 'friend' along as well?" I answered that my friend (642 J Frame) was in my pocket. He told me that it wasn't his place to spill the beans to my kids. I asked why he pulled me over. It was simply because I didn't have a front license plate on the car, and that in reality, it was a simple stop to check for drugs and illegals heading north, and guns and money heading south. There were a lot of Troopers out in the area on a task force working that part of the state. He handed everthing back to me, no ticket, and told me to have a great day.

The second was very similar, but this time I was going about 10mph over the limit. Another Trooper pulled me over. I handed him my credentials. He saw the CHL, and asked me to get out of the car. He noted my surprise, and said "I just need to ask you about what might go along with this (CHL), and don't want your kids to hear the conversation." I exited and he simply asked if I was armed. I said "of course", and asked what I was carrying. I told him a I had a J Frame in my front right pocket, and he simply said, "Good Choice in the summertime, but please don't put your hands near your pockets for a moment". He just told me to slow down, and sent me on my way with a warning. I thanked him for his discretion since this was before my kids knew I carried concealed.

Again, I've never had any negative dealings with Texas DPS Troopers. Even in my earlier years when I've received tickets, it was deserved, but they were nothing except polite and professional.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    good job on both parties involved

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ..............looks like they are going after DUI's this weekend big time
    I myself worked 2 DUI/car wrecks, and 3 other DUIs this weekend...some people just don't get it; thankfully we didn't have any DUI fatalities
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    good job on both parties involved

I myself worked 2 DUI/car wrecks, and 3 other DUIs this weekend...some people just don't get it; thankfully we didn't have any DUI fatalities

It sounds like a busy weekend
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Aa guy I know had his Granddaughter killed by a hit and run driver,Probably drunk or high or both,I hope they catch him and introduce him to 3 hots and a cot for a loooong time

Sponsored Links