First Living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam is named.

This is a discussion on First Living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam is named. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SSG Sal Giunta, a paratrooper w/ the 173rd Airborne, is likely to be the first living Medal of Honor recipient since the Vietnam War. http://biggovernment.com/jhanson/201...e-vietnam-war/ ...

Thread: First Living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam is named.

Senior Moderator

First Living Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam is named.

SSG Sal Giunta, a paratrooper w/ the 173rd Airborne, is likely to be the first living Medal of Honor recipient since the Vietnam War.

http://biggovernment.com/jhanson/201...e-vietnam-war/

It is about time and a shame that it took this long.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

Everyone who has a hand in this process should be ashamed of themselves. No living MoH recipients since Vietnam.... crazy ridiculous.

I hope SSG Giunta paves the way for those who are living and deserve to wear this medal.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

That's great...........
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

I sincerely hope he receives it. It is a great honor, and the nation needs flesh and blood hero's. One of the other 7 MOH's from OIF/OEF was from my battalion, but downgraded to a Navy Cross (not to take away from that award or everything that goes with it.), but I think for service members it also kind of carries a validation with it, that we are doing the right thing, and the Republic is grateful for the sacrifices made. I really think a living MOH recipient represents a whole lot more than just one man and his actions (certainly not to take away from what the SSgt did either, I'd bet he knows what I mean though).
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I sincerely hope he receives it. It is a great honor, and the nation needs flesh and blood hero's. One of the other 7 MOH's from OIF/OEF was from my battalion, but downgraded to a Navy Cross (not to take away from that award or everything that goes with it.), but I think for service members it also kind of carries a validation with it, that we are doing the right thing, and the Republic is grateful for the sacrifices made. I really think a living MOH recipient represents a whole lot more than just one man and his actions (certainly not to take away from what the SSgt did either, I'd bet he knows what I mean though).
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Everyone who has a hand in this process should be ashamed of themselves. No living MoH recipients since Vietnam.... crazy ridiculous.

I hope SSG Giunta paves the way for those who are living and deserve to wear this medal.

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

Once you read what was done, then you begin to understand how great a feat it is, and what an honor it is for him, and our country.
    Yes , there are more who are deserving of this honor, and you shouldn't have to be deceased to have it bestowed on you

Here is a brief description from the article I read;

Giunta went above and beyond the call of duty when he exposed himself to enemy fire to pull a fellow soldier back to cover. He engaged the enemy again when he saw two insurgents carrying away a wounded soldier, 22-year-old Sgt. Joshua C. Brennan, of McFarland, Wis. Giunta killed one insurgent and wounded the other before tending to Brennan, who died the next day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_medal_of_honor
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I sincerely hope he receives it.
    Fortunately from what I've read it's now a done deal!! And about time....

The only thing that annoys be is the timing of the announcement, it just smells to political to me announcing on 9/10, kind of detracts from things
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

as a ret 1Sgt with 3 cbt tours, i salute him, thanks as your convection to the service, G bless you, family and your unit..
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

Links