Terrorist's Miranda Warning as per SCOTUS

This is a discussion on Terrorist's Miranda Warning as per SCOTUS within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dear Terrorist, now that we have apprehended you (instead of killing you) at the cost of US Soldier’s lives I am ordered by the United ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Dear Terrorist, now that we have apprehended you (instead of killing you) at the cost of US Soldier’s lives I am ordered by the United States Supreme Court to advise you of your rights.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law but probably will be thrown out of court because it might be found prejudicial to your case. Same goes for any hard evidence we might have found on you.

You have the right to be speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at U.S. Taxpayers’ expense. If you choose to use a left-wing liberal attorney who will lie, cheat and bribe his way into your freedom, the U.S. Taxpayers will be more than happy to pay for it.

You have the right to posh accommodations and meals that cost more than the ones we provide to our service people. If you choose, you can have a-la-carte meals of foodstuffs you have never tasted before.

You have a right to the best health care in the world. You will be cured of all and any diseases we find on you or risk being sued or your case thrown out of court for “cruel and unusual punishment.” Such health care will be provided at U.S. Taxpayers’ expense.

You have the right to be heard on American Universities and Air America Radio denouncing the evils of the United States. You will be given standing ovations by the likes of Al Franken, Randy Rhodes, Ward Churchill, Jesse Jackson, Noam Chumsky and others. All travels’ cost, lodging and food will be paid for you at U.S. Taxpayers’ expense.

You have the right to be interviewed by Michael Moore and be a part in his next movie where he denounces and lies about The United States. You shall be paid the union scale and a producer and a manager will be provided to you at U.S. Taxpayers’ expense.

In the unlikely event that a jury finds your actions are so destructive that it deems you are guilty, the United States will provide you with all the means necessary to appeal such conviction. These means include: Keep paying for your lawyers, free websites where you can collect monies, Hollywood celebrities taking up for your cause, the fabrication of testimony, evidence and “witnesses” to be shown on the major Networks, Newspapers and Cable News and any help you deem necessary to go out free and kill more innocent people.

As decided by the US Supreme Court on June 29, 2006.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

SCOTUS just might be a terrorist organization.

uumm what the heck

Innocent until proven guilty last time I checked.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday
    Innocent until proven guilty last time I checked.
    You gonna have to explain the context.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    You gonna have to explain the context.
    Meaning no matter how these people were apprehended they need to be tried for something. Just because our legal system has hundreds of miles of red tape doesn't mean that it should suddenly disappear because these people are unsavory or not Americans (we're detaining them). That's a problem with the legal system itself and not the people being tried.

How can we expect people captured from our own troops to be treated well if we're just capturing whoever and sitting them in jail to rot? If they did something wrong, fry them, if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, let them go. Only way to show that is to have a trial.

I just don't get how people can argue for rights like gun ownership and in the same breath denounce due process. They all go hand in hand to give everyone personal freedom.

Does anyone really want the Government saying who is a terrorist and who isn't?? I for one don't trust the Government that much if at all. If you trust them that much maybe you need to read the Patroit Act and the Campaign Reform. The compare that to the Constitution and tell me if you trust the Government that much
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    — John F. Kennedy

This is a big load of BFreaking S!!!!

If it applies overseas as well.

We are fighting a WAR not playing friggin' Cops an Robbers!!!

But if you look at it it's just boils down to lawyers helping other lawyers line their pockets at the expense of national security and the lives of our soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63

But if you look at it it's just boils down to lawyers helping other lawyers line their pockets at the expense of national security and the lives of our soldiers.
    What it boils down to is how much you trust the leaders of this country and how much you believe in the Constitution.

With things like the Patroit Act all you would have to do is disagree with the war and the Government can lable you a terrorist.

The Government just lets over one million illegals a year walk into the country. The Senate wants to bottom line sell citizenships. I can't see how anyone can believe that the threat of terrorism is the real motivating factor for anything the Government is doing.

Anyone who thinks the Government is above using its power unjustly against the average American needs to study the real history of some of the leaders we have had in our history
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    — John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63

There are laws/treates to war that we are signatories on. Exploiting some so-called loophole by labeling a combatant something else is dishonorable at best. If we're going to champion personal freedom/rights we need to do it in all areas, not just 9/10.

VIP Member
    There are laws/treates to war that we are signatories on. Exploiting some so-called loophole by labeling a combatant something else is dishonorable at best. If we're going to champion personal freedom/rights we need to do it in all areas, not just 9/10.
    But there is a problem: SCOTUS violated the laws and treaties you mentioned with their decission.

Check this article:

Supreme Court Strikes a Blow... for Terrorists
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    But there is a problem: SCOTUS violated the laws and treaties you mentioned with their decission.

Check this article:

Supreme Court Strikes a Blow... for Terrorists

We have to take the moral highground though. It doesn't matter what they violate, we have to do what's right. If we don't,we're not any better than they are.

I don't care if it's the most low-life children murdering rapist to ever exist in history. He would still deserve a fair trial before he's shot. If we start doing away with innocent before guilty, we're no better than any of the other tolitarian regimes we've opposed in the last 75 years. That doesn't mean that I support the 50 miles of loopholes and red tape in our legal system, that could be streamlined, but doing away with it in general is wrong.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    "Oh, I'm sorry you couldn't hear me read you your rights because my gun "accidentally" discharged? Sir? Sir?".....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    I think we need to repatriate them… well at least the ones that will go to home countries that believe and use capital punishment. They don’t want to have to deal with terrorists ether.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

VIP Member
    Meaning no matter how these people were apprehended they need to be tried for something. Just because our legal system has hundreds of miles of red tape doesn't mean that it should suddenly disappear because these people are unsavory or not Americans (we're detaining them). That's a problem with the legal system itself and not the people being tried.
    Our Constitution has NO force of law outside our country. That is why these clowns are being held in Gitmo. They would be entitled to protection if on our soil. These BGs are subject to the UCMJ. That is also why SCOTUS went outside their bounds here.

How can we expect people captured from our own troops to be treated well if we're just capturing whoever and sitting them in jail to rot? If they did something wrong, fry them, if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, let them go. Only way to show that is to have a trial.
    Our soldiers aren't going to be treated well by ANY ENEMY, have you forgotten POWs from Vietnam, Korea, WW2? They were treated horribly. If we treated these guys like our soldiers have been/will be treated, they would be dead, de-capitated, burned, drug thru the streets, tortured (& I don't mean putting them in a pyramid pile naked)...etc...

I just don't get how people can argue for rights like gun ownership and in the same breath denounce due process. They all go hand in hand to give everyone personal freedom.
    Do you think all the POWs we captured during any major war should all be tried in court? These POWs that are being held now should be dealt with one day, WHEN the war is over (I hope), not before then.

Don't take this as an attack, just a difference of opinion.

Most will agree, we should want to treat them fairly & expediously. However, this is not going to end tomorrow & WE DIDN'T START THIS! So I don't really care if it takes a while with these guys being locked up for the duration. I'll sleep better knowing they are behind bars, rather than trying to kill our soldiers (for me, immediate family members who are deployed in Iraq), or worse trying to sneak into the US & attacking innocents!

My opinion on fighting a war is make it as devastating & as short as possible. It is the same mentality we as CCW holders have. We are polite until it's time not to be. When the SHTF & we are required to respond, we want to be victorious as rapidly as possible.....BUT as soon as politics becomes a factor....everything gets botched up.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links