Texas standoff continues as police release names of the wounded

This is a discussion on Texas standoff continues as police release names of the wounded within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/18/...Top+Stories%29 (CNN) -- As a standoff between police and a gunman in Texas drags on, officials released Saturday the names of two sheriff's deputies and ...

Thread: Texas standoff continues as police release names of the wounded

VIP Member

Texas standoff continues as police release names of the wounded

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/18/...Top+Stories%29

(CNN) -- As a standoff between police and a gunman in Texas drags on, officials released Saturday the names of two sheriff's deputies and a civilian who were shot and wounded when the confrontation began.
    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

"Snipers, ready your scopes."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yep, long distance, reach out and touch someone.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member

Before the line

police don't consider the suspect a threat to the public "because we know where he is."
    Comes back to bite somone.
    Last edited by DaveH; September 18th, 2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Sounds like a job for the RAF. "He then fled to his trailer home, where he has remained." Given that he is in a trailer home (a tornado magnet) and the RAF fly Tornadoes ...

It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

TOF
    150 officers sounds like a bit of (pardon the pun) overkill. Perhaps a few should get some sleep so they can take over later. It also sounds like a good day to speed and get away with it in Odessa.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Chuck go get a gallon of gas,Bill you got a lighter,okay when it gets dark were gonna need a fire to stay warm and trailers make good fire starters
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Chuck go get a gallon of gas,Bill you got a lighter,okay when it gets dark were gonna need a fire to stay warm and trailers make good fire starters
    Original link was updated. Sounds like he torched the place himself then gave up. Another one the fine people of TX will have to pay to keep alive for decades til they finally off the guy after every possible appeal has wasted more time and $$$.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

USAF2.jpgUSAF1.jpgBring in a couple of these, just in case the Tornados didn't get him
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The suspect then fired random shots at both police and at a helicopter throughout the night and the morning.
    Must have run out of ammo.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Original link was updated. Sounds like he torched the place himself then gave up. Another one the fine people of TX will have to pay to keep alive for decades til they finally off the guy after every possible appeal has wasted more time and $$$.
    Naah. TX is pretty quick about pulling the switch. Kill a LEO in Texas and we WILL execute you faster than any other state in the U.S.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Kinda funny how CNN and the local media report it differently, I read yesterday that he took the officers radio, not stole his car.

I stand corrected... apparently he drove the car around his property while using the radio. Read that he never leaves his house, that neighbors brought his food and he let them use his land for riding dirt bikes in return. This guy was messed up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    150 officers sounds like a bit of (pardon the pun) overkill. Perhaps a few should get some sleep so they can take over later. It also sounds like a good day to speed and get away with it in Odessa.
    was around 100 officers from various agencies, this guy was supposed to have a "fortified" bunker of a house and had shot 3 people including 2 cops who were executing a repossession order (the first version of the story) or to allow the person with mineral rights access to the property (which is completely legal), I don't blame them for bringing in more officers
    remember, they know what they're doing with numbers of officers/deputies on duty, etc, in fact DPS pulled some from different areas to "spread the wealth" so to speak, as well as some federal officers assisting
    USMC Rules for Gunfighting
    1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

local news site:
    http://www.oaoa.com/news/knox-53021-...e-6aeff8909c4b

I'll have to call my cousin who is on the swat team there and see what all happened
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    That is a very good idea
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links