Frightened

This is a discussion on Frightened within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some of you may know that I have relatives along the Texas-mexico border. After receiving another phone call from my BIL telling me how bad ...

Thread: Frightened

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar

Frightened

Some of you may know that I have relatives along the Texas-mexico border. After receiving another phone call from my BIL telling me how bad it is just in the ElPaso area I decided to read the El Paso times newspaper on line. Boys, something needs to be done and done quickly.This has gotten completely out of control and it appears to be getting worse daily.

El Paso is a major city right on the border and when U.S. citizens are afraid to travel in their own city something is bad wrong.

So if you want to get your heart rate up may I suggest a little reading of the El Paso Times.

2. Remove Ads

Border towns are not for everyone............

I lived in El Paso for a few years.

Things do seem to be getting worse, but if you love where you live you just toughen up........or move.

Really......you don't expect the government to "do something"?

The frightening truth is; that if we just abandon these border towns, in these conditions, then in a few years the same thing will happen to the 'new' border towns, as the border moves northward.

There's no quick, painless solution. Our fearless leaders won't do anything, so what can be done? Should the several states along the border take the initiative and close their borders? I don't know if that's feasible, economically, let alone legally.

Buckle up for hard times; the worst is yet to come.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

We will only change the border situation when we change D.C. with our votes...that's it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    The frightening truth is; that if we just abandon these border towns, in these conditions, then in a few years the same thing will happen to the 'new' border towns, as the border moves northward.

There's no quick, painless solution. Our fearless leaders won't do anything, so what can be done? Should the several states along the border take the initiative and close their borders? I don't know if that's feasible, economically, let alone legally.

Buckle up for hard times; the worst is yet to come.
    I am afraid that you are so right! Something must be done, and that very soon.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Don't hold your breath waiting on Obama.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting on Obama.
    I'm still holding mine from Bush.

This should have nothing to do with politics. We're talking about defending our borders from threats we can see,hear and smell.
    To give some of you some perspective on the problem. Come the end of the year when all the college football bowl games are being played, watch the Sun Bowl.It's played in El Paso,you'll never see a exterior shot of the stadium.Wonder why?It's because the stadium is no more than 500yds from the Mexican side of the border. Think about these kinds of things happening that close to your house,business, church, or your kids school...

Where is Col. Charlie Askins and his compadres when we need him? They were as concerned as today's Mexican drug cartels with the GPS coordinates of the border when chasing bad guys, and if an armed rancher helped them out trying to find stolen property, well, they fully appreciated it. There may have been a few more perforated bad guys floating downstream in the Rio Grande back then, but that served as a deterrent. I'd like to see the effect of a few severed heads on fence posts on OUR side of the border.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

As long as we have libtards that advocate for the "civil rights" of non-citizens, and political parties pandering to the future votes of possibly future voters we will have a border problem.

I'm tired of the border issue, as the solution is simple. The border needs to be defended with lethal force. Not to keep people in, as the U.S.S.R. and East Germany did, but to keep people out. I seriously doubt that it will ever happen. As I've said before, if it were legal I'd happily sit in the desert and shoot illegal border crossers, but it's not legal so I won't. Man, women, or child, makes no nevermind to me, as illegal is illegal.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Where is Col. Charlie Askins and his compadres when we need him? They were as concerned as today's Mexican drug cartels with the GPS coordinates of the border when chasing bad guys, and if an armed rancher helped them out trying to find stolen property, well, they fully appreciated it. There may have been a few more perforated bad guys floating downstream in the Rio Grande back then, but that served as a deterrent. I'd like to see the effect of a few severed heads on fence posts on OUR side of the border.
    If someone were to use the tactics of the good Col. today he or she would find themselves investigated by the Famous But Incompetent, charged by the A.U.S.A., whose idea of deadly combat is having to wrestle a stubborn staple out of a sheaf of papers, and incarcerated for denying the illegal alien their "rights" under a Constitution they aren't even a part of.

As a nation I believe we are doomed.

Biker

I live on the border,20 miles from Reynosa Mexico,I had never known about what the crime rate was like until I moved here from Salina Ks. in 2006.I am not kidding when local LEO actually encourages people to buy a gun for protection,these Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police know how violent these thugs are.Down here drug busts are in the several hundred pound range for pot,and 20 plus kilos of coke and methamphetamine.Saw a bust on COPS TV show Saturday night,Border Patrol in Rio Grande City about 60 miles west of me busted a load of pot,the driver was paid $1000.00 to drive it to the stash house,around 180 pounds of pot,sad thing is the BP recognized him as being a passenger in 2 other cars they busted previously.Maybe they will actually put him behind bars for awhile now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you really want to get your blood boiling, just watch that documentary on HBO called The Fence. It's by Rory Kennedy.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links